Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Perm ban for staff impersonation (Read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YousafWitherBoss

Great Reporter
Minecraft username:
YousafWitherBoss​

Suggestion:
Perm ban for staff impersonation (Read)​

Detailed description:
We should make a rule that anyone with a name similar to a staff member's, like changing "Ehtne" to "Ethne" or "zNqtix" to "zNtqix," should get a permanent ban. This would be a regular ban, not an IP ban, so they can still join with a different name that doesn't look like a staff member's name. There's already a rule against pretending to be staff, but it's not enforced much. Right now, the punishment for staff impersonation is a 3-day IP ban, which works when someone pretends to be staff, but for people who make permanent name variations, they should get a permanent ban (not an IP ban). This ban would be only for using a name similar to a staff name, not for using nicknames or just saying they are staff. It’s a simple ban that lets them rejoin with a different, non-staff-like name.​

Reason(s):
One of the main reasons for this rule is to stop scamming. People create fake accounts with names that look similar to staff names, like changing "svjeziluk" to "svjeizluk." They send trade requests, and sellers think they're dealing with a staff member, so they give them items. Later, it turns out to be a fake account. I lost my ultimate rank because of this, and just last night, someone tried to scam me using a name similar to "Ehtne," but I caught it in time. This isn’t just happening in K-PvP; I've heard of similar scams in OP-Prison, OP-Factions, and other game modes too. This kind of scamming is damaging the staff's reputation. At first, I even thought "zNqtix" was scamming, but I was wrong. When I looked closely, I realized it was a scam using a similar name. So, this rule should definitely be put in place.​

Example(s):
A great example is our neighbor, Jartex Network. They don't compromise when it comes to protecting their staff's reputation. I think our manager should seriously consider this issue. Some of you might not agree with me, but everyone has there own opinion. Thanks.​

SweatyBlaze

Legendary Pika
IGN
SweatyBlaze
Doesn't deserve a prema ban. Personally, maybe the punishment could be more server, and since the new rule "Scamming" has been implemented you can always report that
Still hes talking about the way scammers can scam people.

Adlless

Great Reporter
eh, Does it really deserve a perma ban dude? I mean like you mentioned "kids", it's not like they can do anything

arnav_18

Legendary Pika
IGN
arnav_18
Minecraft username:
YousafWitherBoss​

Suggestion:
Perm ban for staff impersonation (Read)​

Detailed description:
We should make a rule that anyone with a name similar to a staff member's, like changing "Ehtne" to "Ethne" or "zNqtix" to "zNtqix," should get a permanent ban. This would be a regular ban, not an IP ban, so they can still join with a different name that doesn't look like a staff member's name. There's already a rule against pretending to be staff, but it's not enforced much. Right now, the punishment for staff impersonation is a 3-day IP ban, which works when someone pretends to be staff, but for people who make permanent name variations, they should get a permanent ban (not an IP ban). This ban would be only for using a name similar to a staff name, not for using nicknames or just saying they are staff. It’s a simple ban that lets them rejoin with a different, non-staff-like name.​

Reason(s):
One of the main reasons for this rule is to stop scamming. People create fake accounts with names that look similar to staff names, like changing "svjeziluk" to "svjeizluk." They send trade requests, and sellers think they're dealing with a staff member, so they give them items. Later, it turns out to be a fake account. I lost my ultimate rank because of this, and just last night, someone tried to scam me using a name similar to "Ehtne," but I caught it in time. This isn’t just happening in K-PvP; I've heard of similar scams in OP-Prison, OP-Factions, and other game modes too. This kind of scamming is damaging the staff's reputation. At first, I even thought "zNqtix" was scamming, but I was wrong. When I looked closely, I realized it was a scam using a similar name. So, this rule should definitely be put in place.​

Example(s):
A great example is our neighbor, Jartex Network. They don't compromise when it comes to protecting their staff's reputation. I think our manager should seriously consider this issue. Some of you might not agree with me, but everyone has there own opinion. Thanks.​
View: https://imgur.com/a/krpNWfN

here's an example for perfect staff impersonation the thing u telling isnt actually staff impersonation one can obviously use similar names .

Arrly

Staff Member
Manager
IGN
Arrly
Hello YousafWitherBoss,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • Scamming falls under the scamming rule; pretending to be staff falls under the staff impersonating rule. If someone does either of those, they get punished for it. Having a username similar to a staff member's name will stay allowed unless it's used maliciously, in which case we have the other two rules to cover those actions.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.