Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

SkyMines Perks

Meth0vas

Pika Lover
Minecraft username:
Methovas​

Suggestion:
Perks​

Detailed description:
My suggestion is to add a "Perks" shop.

Purchaseable perks:

(1) Capture Speed -> makes Outpost capturing faster
Lvl 1 - 5% faster capturing (20 Compressed Crying Obsidian)
Lvl 2 - 10% faster capturing (40 Compressed Crying Obsidian)
Lvl 3 - 15% faster capturing (80 Compressed Crying Obsidian)
Lvl 4 - 20% faster capturing (100 Compressed Crying Obsidian)

(2) Beacon Fortune -> has a chance of giving the doubled amount of beacons
Lvl 1 - 2,5% to get double Beacon drop (20 Compressed Crying Obsidian)
Lvl 2 - 5% to get double Beacon drop (40 Compressed Crying Obsidian)
Lvl 3 - 7,5% to get double Beacon drop (80 Compressed Crying Obsidian)
Lvl 4 - 10% to get double Beacon drop (100 Compressed Crying Obsidian)​

Reason(s):
Crying Obsidian is currently just used to upgrade armor, sword and pickaxe.
It would be great to add something where it can be used!​

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
-1 copied from bunch of other gamemode beacon speed is not needed as there is already a boost u can buy to boost beacon output and capturing outpost is ofc copied from skypvp. Even then skymines is a completely different gamemode and perks do not suit such gamemode

ulvd

Epic Pika
IGN
ulvd
  • Balancing Issues: Adding perks could potentially disrupt game balance if not carefully adjusted, leading to an unfair advantage for players who can afford the perks.
  • Increased Complexity: Introducing additional features might complicate the game for new or casual players, possibly making it less accessible.
  • Resource Management: The increased importance of Compressed Crying Obsidian for perks could shift focus away from literally anything else.

I would stay neutral on this because I agree some perks are necessary however the way you see the implementation wouldn't be a good method.

OP
OP
Meth0vas

Meth0vas

Pika Lover
Crying Obsidian should have a usuage. There are no unfair anvantages against other players!
ulvd: The gamemode is already p2w and it wouldnt be complicated if there was an NPC like there is for all the other things.

Many people do not know what to do with all the Crying Obsidian

OP
OP
Meth0vas

Meth0vas

Pika Lover
-1 copied from bunch of other gamemode beacon speed is not needed as there is already a boost u can buy to boost beacon output and capturing outpost is ofc copied from skypvp. Even then skymines is a completely different gamemode and perks do not suit such gamemode
At least just the capturing speed would still improve the gamemode as there is the feature: 2 players - 4% capturing while capping it from another player

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
At least just the capturing speed would still improve the gamemode as there is the feature: 2 players - 4% capturing while capping it from another player
Ya exectly such boost already exist. they should rather develope a team base system so u can cap outpost faster with ur island members and the reward is divided between all members

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
  • Balancing Issues: Adding perks could potentially disrupt game balance if not carefully adjusted, leading to an unfair advantage for players who can afford the perks.
  • Increased Complexity: Introducing additional features might complicate the game for new or casual players, possibly making it less accessible.
  • Resource Management: The increased importance of Compressed Crying Obsidian for perks could shift focus away from literally anything else.

I would stay neutral on this because I agree some perks are necessary however the way you see the implementation wouldn't be a good method.
Ong stop coping pasting from ai when u know NOTHING about the game. Nothing that ai said made sense cuz guess what u DONT know how to even use the ai

ulvd

Epic Pika
IGN
ulvd
Ong stop coping pasting from ai when u know NOTHING about the game. Nothing that ai said made sense cuz guess what u DONT know how to even use the ai
I didnt even touch AI today, I haven't used it since last week for a project I had for my client lol

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
I didnt even touch AI today, I haven't used it since last week for a project I had for my client lol
(ran same thing bunch of times and all of your reasoning were dito copied)

Attachments

• IMG_20240906_235506.jpg
    IMG_20240906_235506.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 4

Thijme01

Staff Member
Sr Mod
Change Obsidian to Netherrite so its less P2W.

OP
OP
Meth0vas

Meth0vas

Pika Lover
Ya exectly such boost already exist. they should rather develope a team base system so u can cap outpost faster with ur island members and the reward is divided between all members
Nah only 1 capper should get the outpost, people who are not in a bigger team have no chance then

OP
OP
Meth0vas

Meth0vas

Pika Lover
Change Obsidian to Netherrite so its less P2W.
Just not thought about Perks, i thought bout a usuage for Cry Obi. There is a Netherite shop but no Crying Obsidian Shop!
Im not p2w rn but in total i have 3 Compressed Blocks of Crying Obsidian...