Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Pay To Win Situation - A Must Read

Do you think that this server is a pay to win minecraft server ?

• Total voters

JustRandomNoob

Rare Pika
Whats Pay To Win--
Pay 2 Win (P2W)- Describes a game that gives an edge/advantage to players who spend real life money. While not impossible it is very hard to fight a Paying user as a free user . This includes Ranks(which tend to give u "kits") (MMO's tend to be P2W although not all are.

Anyone who owns a server wishes for their server to grow and one day be filled with people that will come back day after day hungry for more, however as everything else in the world this is not free and it will cost money to keep a server running. After you pay to have your server run 24/7 you may also have to pay for things such as more ram or keeping a server website running. All of these things are essential to keep a server from stagnating and eventually dying out! So a solution to this is to have the faithful player base donate some money to keep the server afloat and this is where Corruption can been seen slowly slipping in to our minecraft community.

Here is a scenario:
Let's say I join a server. Everyone welcomes me and I make some friends eventually staying for hours. It turns out the server owner needs money and so everyone pitches in and we get enough money to keep the server afloat....HAPPY ENDING.

Now have a more realistic approach:
I join a server and the first thing I see is "DONATE TO GET ___ RANK!!! GET A FREE KIT EVERY 24 HOURS" - These servers are pay to win servers and are AGAINST the Mojang Tos

Proof that this server IS pay 2 win:
I will post proof about every gamemode that has a p2w(PayToWin) system

1) Factions / OP Factions
Pika Factions have ranks which give u in game "Kits" which include stuff that are more powerful than a normal kit which is literally pay to win situation , this also includes Crate Keys, Boosters and Classes The highest rank on Factions(OP) is
Immortal Rank
Which gives u :
Perks:
  • Ability to join the server when full
  • Ability to mine spawners
  • Access to 45 private vaults
  • Set up to 50 homes maximum
  • List 9 items at once on the auction house
  • You will keep your EXP when you die
  • You don't have teleport time anymore
Commands:
  • Access to the /kit raid command
  • Access to the /kit looting command
  • Access to the /kit looting+ command
  • Access to the /kit punch command
On-purchase rewards:
  • Receive $500,000,000 in-game
  • Receive 2000 mcMMO Credits in-game
  • Receive 5x Godly Crate in-game

Immortal Rank Kit (4-hour cooldown):
Diamond Set (Protection 16, unbreaking 10)
Diamond Sword (Sharpness 18, looting 18, Fire Aspect 2, unbreaking 10)
Diamond Axe (Sharpness 17, Efficiency 16, Fire Aspect 2, Unbreaking 10)
Bow (unbreaking 10, power 17, Infinity 1, Flame 2, Punch 2)
192 God apples

Isnt this Pay 2 win?? Normal Factions has a similar rank which costs the same money and gives different stuff i will not cover that in this forum post because im limited in words

2) SkyBlock / OP SkyBlock

This has ranks similar to factions and give kits and perks which are impossible to get without spending money
The highest rank on Skyblock OP is
SkyKing Rank
And this rank offers :
  • Access to the /kit blocks1 command
  • Access to the /kit blocks2 command
  • Access to the /kit blocks3 command
On-purchase rewards:
  • Receive $75,000,000 in-game
  • Receive 1000 mcMMO Credits in-game
  • Receive 4x Godly Crate Key in-game
SkyKing Kit (48-hour cooldown): This is obviously P2W
SkyKingOnce Kit (One time):

3) Survival
Survival Just got a reset but this gamemode also has P2W
The highest rank on Survival is
Noble

this is what Noble rank offers you:

Noble Kit

(Use the kit with the command /kit)

Extra Kit

OnceNoble Kit (One time) This is totally not pay to win right ? WRONG!

• 25,000 Claims blocks
  • 5x Voting Crate Key
  • 4x Epic Crate Key
  • 3x Unique Crate Key
  • 2x Godly Crate Key
4) Kit PvP
Kit PvP's highest rank is
Ultimate+

which gives u KIT ULTIMATE+ which is not free it costs 150 EUR what ULTIMATE

5) Practice
hmm practice? Whats wrong with practice??
Practice's highest rank is
GOLD
If u don't know if you have a rank in practice you get MORE ranked games which is unfair, with gold rank you get 200 RANKED GAMES!
but if you dont have a rank you get only 70
This is not totally pay to win but it kinda is

6) Creative
Creative does NOT have P2W system

7)Minigames(Bedwars, Skywars)
Bedwars and Skywars are my fav gamemodes, Bedwars luckily does not have any p2w system which is awesome!
But Skywars does
IF you have a rank (VIP, ELITE, TITAN) you get a kit in skywars which is Pay to win

These were all the gamemdes that are in pika network
Some Criticism :

"If you don't like the server's donation system then leave!"
I do and the servers dont last long soon after that, because people wise up on how unfair the server is and leave it to die, but not before some people buy some items and make the server owner money.. This is not how minecraft servers should work they should not be made for the sole purpose of making money you've already payed for minecraft why do you need to pay more just to enjoy multiplayer? Besides if a P2W server is successful that just breeds more P2W servers looking to get money like the big boys.

"So you hate the fact people support the server?"
No supporting a fun server and feeding a greedy server owner are two different things if you donate to a fair server and the rewards you're given don't make you op, then you are supporting a good minecraft server that seeks to make the game fun rather than line the server owner's pockets.
If you support a server that sells kits and ranks under the term donating then yes I hate the fact that you are supporting a server that promotes this P2W system the more money a server owner makes from a P2W servers the more likely they are to make another and thus stealing potential players from other servers that are not Play2Win.

"Why should I listen to you? you don't make the rules!"
No i don't make the rules, but are you honestly going to defend a system that seeks to take money from players rather than provide an actually gaming experience? Pay 2 win is not strictly a minecraft thing. It's a plague in gaming mostly in MMOs they ruin the game and just make gaming suck in general because your kill streak is ruined by someone who got the donator weapon or perk.

"Your dumb"
You're*

NOTE:----
I DONT WANT TO SPEAD HATE AGAINST THIS SERVER I JUST WANT TO GIVE MY VIEWS ON THIS SERVER AND ENCOURAGE THIS SERVER TO TAKE UP FREE TO WIN SYSTEM
I DO NOT HATE THIS SERVER. dont ban me pls ty
I want you all to spread this information to everyone so that more people get to know about the reality of pay to win server ! Thank you

~ Viricus

Attachments

• Master rank kit.png
    Master rank kit.png
    13 KB · Views: 11
  • Skyling kit once.png
    Skyling kit once.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Skyling kit.png
    Skyling kit.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
J

JustRandomNoob

Rare Pika
i know that this post will be removed by an admin because they dont want to accept that their server is pay to win

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
I do and the servers dont last long soon after that, because people wise up on how unfair the server is and leave it to die, but not before some people buy some items and make the server owner money.. This is not how minecraft servers should work they should not be made for the sole purpose of making money you've already payed for minecraft why do you need to pay more just to enjoy multiplayer? Besides if a P2W server is successful that just breeds more P2W servers looking to get money like the big boys.

I don't think anyone has ever said this server isn't a more pay to win style server. Factions is near unplayable without a rank, and I'd agree kitpvp is also the same. However, I wouldn't say that the others are. Skyblock and survival, for example, don't really have a way to "win". It's all about what you want to get out of your playing experience. I'm noble in Survival and once described the commands and things I get for that rank to a friend on my stream. They said they wouldn't enjoy playing like that because it's too much for them. They wouldn't have to. I happen to enjoy playing with fly and not struggling for gear at the start. For some people, the grind is part of the fun. The same goes for Skyblock.

I do and the servers dont last long soon after that, because people wise up on how unfair the server is and leave it to die, but not before some people buy some items and make the server owner money.. This is not how minecraft servers should work they should not be made for the sole purpose of making money you've already payed for minecraft why do you need to pay more just to enjoy multiplayer?

You can say this server will be left to die, but it's been going strong since 2013 with this style of donations. It's not gonna die, some people just enjoy playing like this

OP
OP
J

JustRandomNoob

Rare Pika
Yes people don't know what they are doing they support pay to win servers because these type of servers do competitons like #1 skyblock island gets 150 usd paypal and rank and that stuff ppl should not do that

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
Yes people don't know what they are doing they support pay to win servers because these type of servers do competitons like #1 skyblock island gets 150 usd paypal and rank and that stuff ppl should not do that

I wasn't agreeing with you. Your response makes me think that you thought I was

AmazingTrish

Epic Pika
I only really play bedwars and Skywars. However, I can confirm that skyward is pay2win. I might be biased as I'm a titan rank (E X T R A F L E X Y ;))
skywars kits should not be nerfed. Either that or why don't we make it so that Everyone has a right to vote? If we check properly, In rumble mode the kits are rendered useless. Maybe ranked players can have 1 extra vote. We can't remove all perks of ranks in skywars though since Ranks are the only way the server generates profit. If ranks have no perks, people might stop buying them.

AmazingTrish

Epic Pika
My knowledge only goes upto minigames and skyblock, and I can confirm that it's not ptw in these 2 gamemodes.
Also practice is completely ok. I have no idea why you're complaining about gold ranks. There's no #1 prize and about the events; if everyone could host events people wouldn't join them. Also it's just a perk which they happen to have. The extra ranked games are their privilege by donating. They do not get any boosted elo in ranked or anything. Also, ranked queues are so dead that it doesn't matter in the first place

OP
OP
J

JustRandomNoob

Rare Pika
My knowledge only goes upto minigames and skyblock, and I can confirm that it's not ptw in these 2 gamemodes.
Also practice is completely ok. I have no idea why you're complaining about gold ranks. There's no #1 prize and about the events; if everyone could host events people wouldn't join them. Also it's just a perk which they happen to have. The extra ranked games are their privilege by donating. They do not get any boosted elo in ranked or anything. Also, ranked queues are so dead that it doesn't matter in the first place

Here's the prize that you get
https://pika-network.net/threads/pikanetwork-opskyblock-top-results-2020.93998/
And they will add more prizes later
About gold i just came to know about it I'm sorry

tlang

Veteran
I only really play bedwars and Skywars. However, I can confirm that skyward is pay2win. I might be biased as I'm a titan rank (E X T R A F L E X Y ;))
skywars kits should not be nerfed. Either that or why don't we make it so that Everyone has a right to vote? If we check properly, In rumble mode the kits are rendered useless. Maybe ranked players can have 1 extra vote. We can't remove all perks of ranks in skywars though since Ranks are the only way the server generates profit. If ranks have no perks, people might stop buying them.
I agree that titan kit is a pay to win kit just bcz of the sharp 3 axe . But elite and vip are not so buffed . Unless the maps are big people can get armour from the chest which may be better than elite/vip armour.So I'd say that it is not exactly pan to win bcz they dont have diamond armour straight away which would be too op. To a certain limit in small maps it is op.So I am neutral about it.

OP
OP
J

JustRandomNoob

Rare Pika
I agree that titan kit is a pay to win kit just bcz of the sharp 3 axe . But elite and vip are not so buffed . Unless the maps are big people can get armour from the chest which may be better than elite/vip armour.So I'd say that it is not exactly pan to win bcz they dont have diamond armour straight away which would be too op. To a certain limit in small maps it is op.So I am neutral about it.
Yes but you give money to the server and u recieve an item . That's exactly what's pay to win is also if a vip rank wants they can instantly kill their neighbours in sw. I believe that it is p2w

AmazingTrish

Epic Pika
Yes but you give money to the server and u recieve an item . That's exactly what's pay to win is also if a vip rank wants they can instantly kill their neighbours in sw. I believe that it is p2w
Sorry if I'm sounding mean or anything, but that's absolute bs.
Prot 1 iron is barely anything and they do not have blocks. They have to break a chest with their unbreaking axe, be lucky enough to get blocks, and then rush to their side island. This is enough time for them to get kitted. Plus they have snowballs and other stuff to prot themselves. There's a kit which gives leather boots and a sword and a pearl (I forgot the name). According to you, the kit is op because they can just pearl to the first guy and kill them. However, that's just "Part of the game".
There are instances of this in almost every server. Basically, it's ok and not p2w to such a limit.

AmazingTrish

Epic Pika
I agree that titan axe is actually p2w.
To solve this cant we just make sharp 2, 3 swords readily available?
Instead of complaining about the kits, we can make the game in its entirety more balanced?

AmazingTrish

Epic Pika
I agree that titan axe is actually p2w.
To solve this cant we just make sharp 2, 3 swords readily available?
Instead of complaining about the kits, we can make the game in its entirety more balanced?
I know it's kind of a rad idea. It's just a better thing to do. People who do not donate, have to be either lucky enough that they get a sharp stone, or a iron sword. So many times they are left with a gold sword with kb 1 which deals the exact same damage as a wooden sword. Basically, the normal mode is "too much" normal. And since most donators dont vote for rumble, we should make normal fair for other players.

OP
OP
J

JustRandomNoob

Rare Pika
Yes voting voting literally means you can cast a vote but the funny thing is you have to pay for a rank to vote like wtf if someone asked for money just to cast a vote that would be illegal and punishable lol

AmazingTrish

Epic Pika
agreed. Voting should be available to all like jartex and donators' votes can count as 2 or something

Panas

Banned
So actually there are some events on the server which you can get ranks and giftcards on in order to buy a rank. You said minigame ranks are unfair. Take for example me, Zxga and Patolunix. Me and Zxga we are the best bedwars players #2 and #1, and Patolunix is #1 on the leaderboard wihtout a RANK which is nearly essential as stated by many due to the Titan rank kit which makes you unbeatable. On bedwars there is not much about the ranks. The only thing it helps you is to equip some cosmetics. On kitpvp and other servers i mean, it is what it is because that is a big selling point if you like the gamemode you are playing at and you think you will get better or more famous then the result is buy or try to gain a rank. Moreover if you are lucky enough like i was i got 2 Hero ranks on OpFactions with 12 Epic keys. So you can see in servers which ranks are Essential the crates have higher rates of dropping 1.
SkyLegend on ClassicSkyblock
Titan on Minigames
Hero on OpFactions
Silver on Practice
#2 on Bedwars Leaderboards

Paotzyyy

Veteran
Well you get what you donated for donating in the server, tho I agree in some servers of pika are actually pay 2 win and I hope they can get some few adjustments from their kit aswell. like in survival, where you can get rare items from Crate Key's and you can actually win some rank on crate keys.

OP
OP
J

JustRandomNoob

Rare Pika
So actually there are some events on the server which you can get ranks and giftcards on in order to buy a rank. You said minigame ranks are unfair. Take for example me, Zxga and Patolunix. Me and Zxga we are the best bedwars players #2 and #1, and Patolunix is #1 on the leaderboard wihtout a RANK which is nearly essential as stated by many due to the Titan rank kit which makes you unbeatable. On bedwars there is not much about the ranks. The only thing it helps you is to equip some cosmetics. On kitpvp and other servers i mean, it is what it is because that is a big selling point if you like the gamemode you are playing at and you think you will get better or more famous then the result is buy or try to gain a rank. Moreover if you are lucky enough like i was i got 2 Hero ranks on OpFactions with 12 Epic keys. So you can see in servers which ranks are Essential the crates have higher rates of dropping 1.
SkyLegend on ClassicSkyblock
Titan on Minigames
Hero on OpFactions
Silver on Practice
#2 on Bedwars Leaderboards
I never said rank matters in bedwars I never said that