Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Modifying the rule for inactive cheats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minecraft username:
Finay​

Suggestion:
Modifying the rule for inactive cheats.​

Detailed description:
Hey there, Finay here.
I think the rule for inactive cheats automatically being a 1 week IP ban should be revised. I think the rule should be that if you get ssed for a certain suspicion, for example suspicious mobkills amount, if it is found that you used any modifications to get those mobkills, and has been deleted since, that is considered inactive cheats (or if any cheats are found that can be tied to you on pika network). However, if the modifications are not proven to be related to pika or your mobkills for example, you do not deserve to get banned.
PS: Please do not shrug off my message by telling me to appeal, and take my idea into consideration​

Reason(s):
You should not get banned without good reason. I asked a senior mod about why having inactive cheats which have not been used and are in the recycle bin is bannable and he said "because you can use them anytime"; I found that to be quite humorous since even if you don't have inactive cheats in your recycle bin, you can just download them and "use them anytime". The aim of these rules should be to punish exploiters and cheaters, not to ban innocent players who have not used these modifications on pika.​

Example(s):
I had an auto-clicker which I used for something entirely different to minecraft, it was last used before I even rejoined PIKA. When it was found in my recycle bin in an SS, however, I got a 1 week ban for inactive cheats.​

Horizonceto

Legendary Pika
IGN
Horizonce
i get what u mean but still, inactive cheats: not injected vape client, autoclicker, cheat injectors | you can turn them on/off at any time thats why this ban is placed to make people remove the cheats, you will prolly be ss'ed too really soon after ur unban to check if u removed ur hacks

OP
OP
M
i get what u mean but still, inactive cheats: not injected vape client, autoclicker, cheat injectors | you can turn them on/off at any time thats why this ban is placed to make people remove the cheats, you will prolly be ss'ed too really soon after ur unban to check if u removed ur hacks
they can see the date when it was last modified/used

Surbate

Staff Member
IGN
Surbate
No, just no.

People who have inactive mods deserve to get a small ban. Of course you can still go and download autoclickers, but that's out of our control and entirely your choice. If we see someone having an autoclicker, they could turn it on at any time without having to go through the "effort" and download it again.
Same with Xray packs: if you have it in your resource packs folder, it can be turned on at any time without us noticing.

It should stay this way, just avoid it by not having disallowed modifications on your computer.

OP
OP
M
Perhaps how much the short ban is, is objective. But to me at least, 1 week is not a short punishment. Additionally, I was saying if the inactive cheats are UNUSED on PIKA, the person should not be punished. Finally, do not try to make it seem like the effort of downloading an autoclicker for example is a big one because we all know it is not true.

Surbate

Staff Member
IGN
Surbate
Perhaps how much the short ban is, is objective. But to me at least, 1 week is not a short punishment. Additionally, I was saying if the inactive cheats are UNUSED on PIKA, the person should not be punished. Finally, do not try to make it seem like the effort of downloading an autoclicker for example is a big one because we all know it is not true.
This rule is mainly there to avoid people just turning off their mods or whatevet they used, which will then be basically impossible to check (as an example an xray pack). We can't always know if they've used it on pika, so if we don't know, we can still ban for inactive modification.

There's enough ways to quickly switch something on or off without us being able to notice

PyroInDaBus

The Pika
Minecraft username:
Finay

Suggestion:
Modifying the rule for inactive cheats.

Detailed description:
Hey there, Finay here.

I think the rule for inactive cheats automatically being a 1 week IP ban should be revised. I think the rule should be that if you get ssed for a certain suspicion, for example suspicious mobkills amount, if it is found that you used any modifications to get those mobkills, and has been deleted since, that is considered inactive cheats (or if any cheats are found that can be tied to you on pika network). However, if the modifications are not proven to be related to pika or your mobkills for example, you do not deserve to get banned.

PS: Please do not shrug off my message by telling me to appeal, and take my idea into consideration

Reason(s):
You should not get banned without good reason. I asked a senior mod about why having inactive cheats which have not been used and are in the recycle bin is bannable and he said "because you can use them anytime"; I found that to be quite humorous since even if you don't have inactive cheats in your recycle bin, you can just download them and "use them anytime". The aim of these rules should be to punish exploiters and cheaters, not to ban innocent players who have not used these modifications on pika.

Example(s):
I had an auto-clicker which I used for something entirely different to minecraft, it was last used before I even rejoined PIKA. When it was found in my recycle bin in an SS, however, I got a 1 week ban for inactive cheats.
Bucko...

This rule change is a bloody terrible idea

You want to keep inactive cheats around? Go for it, nobody is stopping you, unless of course, you actively use them

A 7 day ban is nothing, it will expire fast

Don't whine about unfair bans, take some responsibility. I was whining for a permanent ban I got from Arrly a few years back, guess what? I moved on with life, and a year or so later I get a DM saying that if I apologize in the appeal, and truly not do it again, I will be unbanned. Don't relay on pika as your main source of entertainment, it's a mistake

Rules exist for a reason, and they separate the wheat from the chaff

If you can't play without cheats lurking in your recycle bin, maybe you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself some hard questions. Life isn't fair, and neither is Minecraft, don't expect it to be, it's run by actual people

Grow up, face the dragon of chaos, and play the game properly. That's how you become a better player and a better person

And if you end up banned, appeal it, or wait it out

OP
OP
M
Bucko...

This rule change is a bloody terrible idea

You want to keep inactive cheats around? Go for it, nobody is stopping you, unless of course, you actively use them

A 7 day ban is nothing, it will expire fast

Don't whine about unfair bans, take some responsibility. I was whining for a permanent ban I got from Arrly a few years back, guess what? I moved on with life, and a year or so later I get a DM saying that if I apologize in the appeal, and truly not do it again, I will be unbanned. Don't relay on pika as your main source of entertainment, it's a mistake

Rules exist for a reason, and they separate the wheat from the chaff

If you can't play without cheats lurking in your recycle bin, maybe you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself some hard questions. Life isn't fair, and neither is Minecraft, don't expect it to be, it's run by actual people

Grow up, face the dragon of chaos, and play the game properly. That's how you become a better player and a better person

And if you end up banned, appeal it, or wait it out
its funny how I've never agreed with you on a single post you've ever put out, always taking pika's side and the staff. Either way I'm "whining" about it because I was unfairly banned due to this rule while competing for top islands on OPSB, I have a life dw. Plus how can someone not play without inactive cheats that are unused in their recycle bin? You seem to say anythin to be on Pika's good side so perhaps you should take a look in the mirror and see what u gain from this lol. I won't be replying to you any longer btw.

PyroInDaBus

The Pika
its funny how I've never agreed with you on a single post you've ever put out, always taking pika's side and the staff. Either way I'm "whining" about it because I was unfairly banned due to this rule while competing for top islands on OPSB, I have a life dw. Plus how can someone not play without inactive cheats that are unused in their recycle bin? You seem to say anythin to be on Pika's good side so perhaps you should take a look in the mirror and see what u gain from this lol. I won't be replying to you any longer btw.
Perhaps you should see the logic behind each suggestion am replying to, bucko

And you have right not to reply, dw

Doofile

IGN
Doofls
I completely agree with this post tons of people have cheats and just don't use them on pika network. Screensharers on pika are getting incompetent by each day. Me (XxPvPdooflPvPxX) suggest that you abolish this rule, remove all pika screensharers and hire the @AspectPlayedX to become screenshare manager for his dedication to stop hackers in minecraft.

Ungluecklicher

Sr Mod & SS Manager
Staff Member
Sr Mod
IGN
Ungluecklicher
that has been suggested and denied before, as well, no.
Don't install cheats on pc as easy as this. No one needs cheats or ac on their pc, it's just unnecessary, delete it and all will be fine.

PyroInDaBus

The Pika
that has been suggested and denied before, as well, no.
Don't install cheats on pc as easy as this. No one needs cheats or ac on their pc, it's just unnecessary, delete it and all will be fine.
Glue, there are people who actually need cheats for their work, aka anticheat devs...

Ended

Legendary Pika
IGN
notknown876
Well to be honest I agree with your thoughts on this one it can be unfair to those players who have installed disallowed mods but haven't used them on Pika. And at the end of the day, Pika has no rights to control what we download in our PC though they do have the right to make sure that a player don't use any mod which is not allowed in the server but if a disallowed mod is find in the recycle bin of the computer, I don't think it is evident enough to proof that the player has use that mod on the server. As many players download mods to troll their friends in a private server or some video creators may also download the mod to showcase them in a video or maybe like pyro said some anticheat developers may also download the mod. So, I think the rules can be modified to : If a disallowed mod is found in the recycle bin which was deleted right before screen sharing will be punished.

PyroInDaBus

The Pika
And my one in a million question is, how can the screensharer know that you haven't in fact used them? Sure, there is a way to find out when the .exe was last executed but lets not fool each other here...

There are a billion ways one with little knowledge can manipulate that

Ended

Legendary Pika
IGN
notknown876
And my one in a million question is, how can the screensharer know that you haven't in fact used them? Sure, there is a way to find out when the .exe was last executed but lets not fool each other here...

There are a billion ways one with little knowledge can manipulate that
But man the screen sharer cannot neither be sure that the person has used it. And the user can download any mods he/she wants in her device and Pika doesn't have a say in that. So I think the best way to make it fair is if a deleted disallowed mod was found in recycle bin then check when the mod was deleted and when it was last used.

PyroInDaBus

The Pika
But man the screen sharer cannot neither be sure that the person has used it. And the user can download any mods he/she wants in her device and Pika doesn't have a say in that. So I think the best way to make it fair is if a deleted disallowed mod was found in recycle bin then check when the mod was deleted and when it was last used.
The point of the screensharer is not to prove that you used it in the server, the point is to prove that you used it in minecraft, and then they can judge based on factors like the last opening timestamp of that file

It's a complicated game of cat and mouse, cheaters can hide their cheats as well as how screensharers can find them

Ended

Legendary Pika
IGN
notknown876
The point of the screensharer is not to prove that you used it in the server, the point is to prove that you used it in minecraft, and then they can judge based on factors like the last opening timestamp of that file

It's a complicated game of cat and mouse, cheaters can hide their cheats as well as how screensharers can find them
Well that's not how is it if it were to be prove that you used a disallowed mod in Minecraft it ain't punishable cause they might have used it in Minecraft but not on pika and again pika has no right to control what mods a player uses in other server and what mods a player has downloaded in their pc.

PyroInDaBus

The Pika
Well that's not how is it if it were to be prove that you used a disallowed mod in Minecraft it ain't punishable cause they might have used it in Minecraft but not on pika and again pika has no right to control what mods a player uses in other server and what mods a player has downloaded in their pc.
The only case to screenshare you is if they are to freeze you while inside pika, anything is found either injected or not, whose last execution date matches your time online in your current pika session, you are using them on pika, period

If they find a cheat that doesn't match your current online pika session on pika, the cheat is considered inactive, period

Adlless

Great Reporter
Well I mean you could download cheats for other games, and not use it on Pika, so IJnactive Illegal Modifications in my opinion isn't the best. Obviously, It's not recommended to cheat anyway(I'm not promoting to cheat anyhow), but If it's inactive I don't see any reason why a player get's banned on Pika for it. You're not cheating, and you played fair. Other cheats can be used for your own server, and obviously not intending to use it on Pika. Now you might question, saying that, "Just delete it before you start playing on Pika, since It's disallowed", but then you'd just have to keep installing, deleting the same application over and over again, which is kind of useless. I'm not promoting to cheat anyhjow, but if you didn't cheat, you don't deserve the ban. Screensharers job is mainly to look for any suspicious activity which breaks the server rules, so yeah I think modifying this rule is a good option.Please don't start an argument on this 🙏.

JustSuperiorr

Staff Member
Hello MidnightHacker,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • We do not want our players to have illegal modifications on their devices, even if they don't actively use them on the server.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.