Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

OP SkyBlock Minion Vacuum Hopper

Solonious3568

Pika Lover
IGN
Solonious3568
Minecraft username:
Solonious3568​

Suggestion:
Minion Vacuum Hopper​

Detailed description:
The current island top competition is almost entirely decided by minion, since they give you more island value then is possible to grind by any player. The storage for minions is way to small: even with the max upgrade, they are full in less then 5 minutes. It’s not realistic to ask islands to collect minions every 5 minutes, 24/7, for an entire 13 week season. The only way to work around this problem is the Vacuum Minion Hopper. It automatically stores the ores into the island crystal. (There are other items to sell it directly to shop, but for island top that’s useless.)

The problem lies in the way you obtain the Vacuum Minion Hopper. It’s only in the minion crates, having a 0.5% chance to be obtained. For reference, that’s the same chance as getting SkyMaster, the top rank in the entire mode, which is also permanent instead of a seasonal item. And for SkyMaster, atleast you open a good key so you get other items along the way. With Minion Crates, every item that isnt the Vacuum can go straight in the trash, it doesn’t help.

Let’s say you take a 40% sale as example, which is the current sale and seems to be the most common one. With that sale one Minion Crate Key is 360 Pika Gold. Assuming you buy the most efficient offer of 14.000 Pika Gold for 100 euro, you would statistically have to spend MORE THEN € 500 for ONE of them. Keep in mind, this is a seasonal item that is basically REQUIRED to even have a chance to compete. It’s not a garantuee win, there are no alternatives, no other ways to get it, you NEED to do it this way.

I think most people will immediatelly see what the problem is here, but I’ll explain it anyways just incase. This creates a HUGE barrier to even attempt at the competition. OpSkyblock always had and probably always will have pay-to-win elements, and I’m not trying to argue that should be completely changed. But this isn’t spending to get some advantage. It’s litterally required, island top without it is impossible. Any top island player knows this. Adding features to give a boost is one thing, but this blocks 99.9% from even trying to attempt it.

A good comparison is the infinite chest from goldshop. It’s also almost required, but with a 40% sale, it costs you 3.600 Pika Gold. Still an investment, but reasonable. And it’s atleast garantueed. I could be out here spending 500 euro on Minion Crates, not get the Minion Vacuum Hopper, and I might aswell quit since I stand 0 chance.

My suggestion is to add Minion Vacuum Hopper to the /artifact shop. Most artifacts are already here anyways, I see no reason why this shouldn’t. It can be expensive or hard to obtain, but possible. In addition, the chances of getting it from the Minion Crate should be raise, to ATLEAST 2%. (This would still mean spending 100+ euro for one seasonal item.)

Optional: This isn’t part of the suggestion, just an extra. Don’t judge the suggestion based on this part.
To compensate for this “nerf” of the Minion Crates, other items could be added. Like boosters that arent obtainable for free. This way there’s still a reason to open the crate, it would still give a huge boost, but it wouldn’t be REQUIRED. Again: the difference between being a boost or being a must have.

Reason(s):
Reason given above. With the current system, everyone except for max. 2 players are even able to try and compete. This might give a short time revenue boost, but it will very quickly kill the gamemode, as seen in last season where it dropped as low as 5 players, because there is no reason to compete.​

OP
OP
Solonious3568

Solonious3568

Pika Lover
IGN
Solonious3568
Preferably the item is just removed, but if it exists, give everyone access.

LeonPro300

Epic Pika
IGN
LeonPro300
I completely agree
This item should be removed or made more accessible to everyone without requiring pay-to-win. If one island has it while others don't, it creates an unfair advantage that undermines the efforts of the other islands. No matter how much effort they put into their island , they won't be able to compete. As Solonious3568 pointed out, statistically, people need to spend over $500 to obtain it, which makes top island competition unplayable unless you pay to win.

+1

mysticator69

Pika Lover
+1

Should be added to artifact shop.

Or make the current minion hopper useful , I don't see why it should only be used to sell items . We already have autosell artifacts.

Make it so it allows to compress crystals and also withdraw them if needed.

Could also increase minimum storage on minions so it's night afk friendly ( I'm talking 250k items capacity or so )

The gamemode is gonna see it's downfall sooner than expected if nothing is done.

Mikeyyyy

Epic Pika
IGN
Mikeyyyy
+1

2% for Vacuum Minion Hopper should be implemented this season or, give an option for Minion Hopper to either Sell or Withdraw the drops inside the Minion Hopper.

sagarff

Very bad suggestion this would make people totally dependent on them like previous ssn

Levaniii

Staff Member
Sr Mod
I disagree about adding minion vacuum hopper into ./artifactshop that item should be seperate from others, about raising % in minion crate from 0.5% into 1.5 - 2 % i agree with that

OP
OP
Solonious3568

Solonious3568

Pika Lover
IGN
Solonious3568
Very bad suggestion this would make people totally dependent on them like previous ssn
We are still dependent on them now, we just cant get it. If one island spends insane amounts of money they get it as the only one and get a free top 1, since its not possible to compete against it without it. As I said, I rather see it removed, but if it exists, atleast give everyone a chance to have it.

Florinyo

Staff Member
Helper
IGN
Florinyo
Suggestion was made after Few islands bug abused a hopper which wasnt meant to withdraw ores which made some islands take advantage of top to others.
This season had a lot of bugs, you shouldnt have any opal minions even at start the skills we're bugged, also the eco was broken because the spawners in the seasonal key didnt have the levels. The season would have been the same
I think splitting between an item which can boost your minions and collect ores in another key and having a seasonal key with other rewards is good. Would make minion gkit useless completely and people wont even buy that, this suggestion is bad for business. Theres ways to balance the minions which is already in the work for next season. This season everything was new and it surprised me also. Minion hopper should stay in minion keys to make the minion class unique otherwise the class would be completely bad

mysticator69

Pika Lover
Suggestion was made after Few islands bug abused a hopper which wasnt meant to withdraw ores which made some islands take advantage of top to others.
This season had a lot of bugs, you shouldnt have any opal minions even at start the skills we're bugged, also the eco was broken because the spawners in the seasonal key didnt have the levels. The season would have been the same
I think splitting between an item which can boost your minions and collect ores in another key and having a seasonal key with other rewards is good. Would make minion gkit useless completely and people wont even buy that, this suggestion is bad for business. Theres ways to balance the minions which is already in the work for next season. This season everything was new and it surprised me also. Minion hopper should stay in minion keys to make the minion class unique otherwise the class would be completely bad
The hopper literally said that it collects all minion items and when you opened it it says ( WITHDRAW ALL ITEMS ) in bold yellow text. And it still does btw.

Florinyo

Staff Member
Helper
IGN
Florinyo
I completely agree
This item should be removed or made more accessible to everyone without requiring pay-to-win. If one island has it while others don't, it creates an unfair advantage that undermines the efforts of the other islands. No matter how much effort they put into their island , they won't be able to compete. As Solonious3568 pointed out, statistically, people need to spend over $500 to obtain it, which makes top island competition unplayable unless you pay to win.

+1
It's accessible to everyone in minion key thats why its so rare, completely removing it would make the minion gkit very bad and people wont even buy it

OP
OP
Solonious3568

Solonious3568

Pika Lover
IGN
Solonious3568
The first argument is mostly related to this season. This suggestion is not just for this, but any season.
You real main argument is that it would make the gkit/ key less good and that it's "bad for business". It's hard to deny this. But this just proofs the point that the whole system is completely broken and incredibely pay-to-win. There's a huge difference between having a gkit that gives a boost for spawners, or having a items in a key with an unrealistic chance to be obtained by 99.9% of players be required to even have a chance at competing. These could compensate for this "nerf" with buffing the boosters or other stuff. Like I said, buffing it to 2% would still mean over € 100 for ONE seasonal must-have item. It's not like it becomes instant free to play.
And it might be "bad for business" in the short term, but not in the long term. Keeping this feature will kill the mode very quick, as seen in last season where the only people online were 3 afk accounts.

OP
OP
Solonious3568

Solonious3568

Pika Lover
IGN
Solonious3568
The hopper literally said that it collects all minion items and when you opened it it says ( WITHDRAW ALL ITEMS ) in bold yellow text. And it still does btw.
This comment perfectly disproves the whole "abuse bug" argument. We bought a hopper. We used it like it says in the description. It did what it said in the description. There was 0 reason for anyone to know or assume it's bugged.

mysticator69

Pika Lover
It's accessible to everyone in minion key thats why its so rare, completely removing it would make the minion gkit very bad and people wont even buy it
Ignoring GM issues will hurt the gamemode. If players see something unfair, they'll get frustrated and leave, leading to fewer players and less money. If the game feels unfair, players won’t spend on in-game purchases, and bad reviews could drive new players away. Fixing these problems is crucial to keeping players happy and boosting revenue.

You know nothing about business or money if you think this change is bad for business.

But that's besides the point , let's not ignore the fact that you're only defending this because you're in an advantageous position in the gamemode right now because of how unfair it is to everyone else.

This can also be seen by how only you and your island members dislike this suggestion lol.

Last edited:

Bored_exe

Legendary Pika
IGN
Kaisel__
How is it completly avaliable to everyone when the only way to get them is by gkits or either buying the key from gshop?