Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Scanned Forums Making an Update to the Forums

This suggestion is currently under review. Please note that this does not guarantee it is going to be accepted. Also, note that the reviewing process may take a long time.

RyanCerified

Staff Member
Trial
Minecraft username:
RyanCerified

Suggestion:
Making an Update to the Forums

Detailed description:
This suggestion is mainly targeted to the password reset request section. To my knowledge, this section of the forums is mostly accessed by new forums users when they have forgotten their password or had their account compromised. This means that they are not very accustomed to how the forums works and operates. They would most likely not know to click on the "Password reset requests archive" box and they also might not see a small bell icon at the top right of the screen. My suggestion is to add a popup box under the password reset requests section once an update is posted to the thread, which would either be denied or accepted. I've attached some examples as to what that would look like. Once the user clicks on the new box that shows an update to their reset request just one time, it would then disappear into the archived section.

Reason(s):
- Users have gone weeks without noticing an update to their password reset.

- An update to that thread will be more easily visible to users.

-QoL improvement

-Easily implemeneted (hopefully)

-Some users have gone 4 weeks without noticing an update on their password reset request (

)

Example(s):

Last edited:

JustSuperiorr

Staff Member
Trial
IGN
JustSuperiorr
+1
Great idea, I have encountered users who think their requests/appeals were deleted. This would be effective, they could also get notifications.

TheTrueNova

Veteran
Great Reporter
I think this idea is great, but I am not sure if it is possible or not.

If it is possible, I think it'd be a great addition as I have formerly had to assist people with finding their reset requests which wasn't hard, and it didn't take long but still not necessarily something that staff should have to do regularly.

Flame__

Legendary Pika
IGN
Flame_Was_Taken
Minecraft username:
RyanCerified

Suggestion:
Making an Update to the Forums

Detailed description:
This suggestion is mainly targeted to the password reset request section. To my knowledge, this section of the forums is mostly accessed by new forums users when they have forgotten their password or had their account compromised. This means that they are not very accustomed to how the forums works and operates. They would most likely not know to click on the "Password reset requests archive" box and they also might not see a small bell icon at the top right of the screen. My suggestion is to add a popup box under the password reset requests section once an update is posted to the thread, which would either be denied or accepted. I've attached some examples as to what that would look like. Once the user clicks on the new box that shows an update to their reset request just one time, it would then disappear into the archived section.

Reason(s):
- Users have gone weeks without noticing an update to their password reset.

- An update to that thread will be more easily visible to users.

-QoL improvement

-Easily implemeneted (hopefully)

-Some users have gone 4 weeks without noticing an update on their password reset request (

)

Example(s):

So true, I spent a whole week not knowing what happened to my bug report, support tickets and others

ZASDE4567

Great Reporter
IGN
ZASDE4567
+1, Appreciate the time taken to make this suggestion.