Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global make the server 1.7+

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneezOnFire

Legendary Pika
Minecraft Username:
ShaneezOnFire

Suggestion:
make the server 1.7+

Detailed description:
1.7 is also like 1.8 its like no difference soo it will be good if the server is 1.7+​

Reason(s):
because 1.7 has the good animations and its fps is way better than 1.8 and even some clients will not boost that much fps​

OP
OP
ShaneezOnFire

ShaneezOnFire

Legendary Pika
Cool. If the network becomes 1.7, they
- Need to redo some plugins
- Fix some packet stuff that 1.7.10 gives us
- Redo the AntiCheat because packets are gay

You could have the server accept connections from players on protocol version 5 (from 1.7.6-pre1 to 14w02c) and later instead of 47 (1.8 - 1.8.9), but then all the packets will be messed up. You have to fully modify how the server sends 1.7.10 clients packets, and even then it can be a little bit janky. This can cause TONS of issues and it won't even be worth it in the end, because hardly no one uses it for OpFactions, OpSkyblock etc, only for Minigames & Practice.

Not to mention all the blocks that did not exist in 1.7.10 and do exist in 1.8.8 (server version), among them being Coarse Dirt, Granite, Andesite, Diorite, and all of their respective forms. Also, armor stands do not exist which are used all across Pika (most notably those floating nametags / holograms).
bruhh i forgot abt that yah ur right

Disaalt

The Pika
ok mr developer. it's not hard to downgrade server to 1.7 or add 1.7 support to it, all it needs is maybe other version of java and viaversion/viarewind plugin, don't overcomplicate everything.

from my behalf, I'd enjoy 1.7 so that's +1 from me.
Sometimes its just hard to change a number. For example, ArmorStands. Some gamemodes DEPEND on armorstands. Leaderboards, Cosmetics, Mystery Boxs, Victory Dances... its just impossible to be without them.
1.7 came out AT 2013, 5 years ago. Tons of bugs, packets etc needs to be fixed, and some blocks need a replacement too. I mean, how can you replace Iron trapdoors Prismarine, slime blocks and banners?
Also, what percentage of the server even uses 1.7.10 nowadays? Just use 1.8.9 with 1.7.10 animations, jeez. You get more blocks + some bug fixes.

Unawarely

The Pika
Sometimes its just hard to change a number. For example, ArmorStands. Some gamemodes DEPEND on armorstands. Leaderboards, Cosmetics, Mystery Boxs, Victory Dances... its just impossible to be without them.
1.7 came out AT 2013, 5 years ago. Tons of bugs, packets etc needs to be fixed, and some blocks need a replacement too. I mean, how can you replace Iron trapdoors Prismarine, slime blocks and banners?
Also, what percentage of the server even uses 1.7.10 nowadays? Just use 1.8.9 with 1.7.10 animations, jeez. You get more blocks + some bug fixes.
1.7 gives more fps and different kb

79lb

Legendary Pika
you do know that you can keep every server to own version? 1.7.10 is better for pvp, bigger pvp servers which are premium still offer support for 1.7.10. instead of changing every servers version, support can be added very easily, like the server version doesn't need to be downgraded, viabackwards/viarewind will help with connecting older versions ^.^

Disaalt

The Pika
1.7 gives more fps and different kb
Spending like tons of days just to let the players have more fps and take different kb. Totally worth it. Plus, what percentage of the network uses 1.7.10 anyway?

voodootje0

Staff Member
Owner
Hey ShaneezOnFire,​
Thank you for your interest by creating a suggestion for PikaNetwork.​
Unfortunately, we do not think this suggestion will fit into PikaNetwork. So we will be denying your suggestion​
Have a good time on PikaNetwork!​

Best regards,
voodootje0

Status
Not open for further replies.