Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted BedWars Make it so you cant drop your sword

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorteX795

Rare Pika
Minecraft Username:
MorteX79​

Suggestion:
Make it so you cant drop your sword​

Detailed description:
I sometimes accidentally drop my sword and its really annoying so i think it should be removed​

Reason(s):

Example(s):

Hellific

Veteran
100% +1

I don't know why the previous suggestion for dropping the sword was even accepted, the gameplay was much better when they weren't drop-able, now sometimes I even accidentally drop my sword into the void, extremely annoying. Should be removed and reverted to how it was.

BlaixenU

Pika Member
the only reason i found sword-dropping viable is if you are tight on time and want to save a stone/iron sword in case you have to void or die. The "accidentaly" dropping is mainly a muscle memory issue, in my opinion. I have played bedwars for only 2 months and in that time i havent accidentally sword dropped once at all.

Hellific

Veteran
the only reason i found sword-dropping viable is if you are tight on time and want to save a stone/iron sword in case you have to void or die. The "accidentaly" dropping is mainly a muscle memory issue, in my opinion. I have played bedwars for only 2 months and in that time i havent accidentally sword dropped once at all.
There is no actual purpose of throwing a sword actually, even after this was allowed there was no reason I ever threw my sword for an actual purpose, not even for giving the sword to someone else. So I don't see the purpose of having it changed in the first place, should've been how it was from before. You can easily put your sword in your team chest or ender chest if you wanna save it. If you get killed, you will lose it anyway. Nextly, no point in throwing a sword on the floor if you wanna void, that isn't gonna do much because it's only going to drop it where you did and if you're voiding because you're getting rushed, it's likely you are voiding when you're far away, so you won't get it back unless you run back to that spot.

BlaixenU

Pika Member
There is no actual purpose of throwing a sword actually, even after this was allowed there was no reason I ever threw my sword for an actual purpose, not even for giving the sword to someone else. So I don't see the purpose of having it changed in the first place, should've been how it was from before. You can easily put your sword in your team chest or ender chest if you wanna save it. If you get killed, you will lose it anyway. Nextly, no point in throwing a sword on the floor if you wanna void, that isn't gonna do much because it's only going to drop it where you did and if you're voiding because you're getting rushed, it's likely you are voiding when you're far away, so you won't get it back unless you run back to that spot.
I do understand what you are saying but, it appears there has been a misunderstanding. I meant voiding as in throwing the sword at your base and then voiding to quickly get that sword rather than wasting time and money trying to buy it. I can definitely see situations where a sword drop to a teammate is needed, especially if they are the more aggro type to die more often than not.

This is coming from a solo player, however, so don't think i'm saying all this as though I have experience :D

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
+1
The advantages of accepting this outweigh the disadvantages. In more than a year of playing BedWars, I have never encountered a situation in which dropping a sword was useful. Hypothetical scenarios are nice, but the gameplay should not be affected by them. In reality, being able to drop a sword is only a mild annoyance that should be removed. People can always use the (ender) chest to exchange or store swords.

Ez_Angel

Great Reporter
+1
I agree fr sometimes I just use hotkeys to switch from sword to block and sometimes I accidentally press q and drop the sword into the void or ground.

Blazemon

The Pika
Minecraft Username:
MorteX79

Suggestion:
Make it so you cant drop your sword

Detailed description:
I sometimes accidentally drop my sword and its really annoying so i think it should be removed

Reason(s):

Example(s):
This also seems like a skill issue
If u have ur drop item hotkey as Q ofc ur gonna drop stuff a lot
that's why i have it on C i never drop my things while pvping

Blazemon

The Pika
i changed my mind
-1 now
You could also suggest having to click ur drop button twice in oreder to drop the item ot's better

Hellific

Veteran
i changed my mind
-1 now
You could also suggest having to click ur drop button twice in oreder to drop the item ot's better
Thing is, there is literally no point of dropping the sword, that's the whole point. Why do we need to drop the sword? Serves literally any purpose, the only actually useful one would be to throw your sword to someone else which I can bet 95% of the BedWars community doesn't even do.

This also isn't no "skill issue", everyone has their own hotkeys set, you prefer C, keep it as that. Most of us have Q so we'll keep it like that.

Ez_Angel

Great Reporter
Thing is, there is literally no point of dropping the sword, that's the whole point. Why do we need to drop the sword? Serves literally any purpose, the only actually useful one would be to throw your sword to someone else which I can bet 95% of the BedWars community doesn't even do.

This also isn't no "skill issue", everyone has their own hotkeys set, you prefer C, keep it as that. Most of us have Q so we'll keep it like that.
True I agree with you like fr why would you even drop swords in bedwars.

Blazemon

The Pika

Well i still think that u should double tap to drop sword basically same system as on hypixel skyblock

abhay0825R

Legendary Pika
Minecraft Username:
MorteX79

Suggestion:
Make it so you cant drop your sword

Detailed description:
I sometimes accidentally drop my sword and its really annoying so i think it should be removed

Reason(s):

Example(s):
Wow bro OP btw I don't even use swords but it help so much + 1

zMqrcc

Staff Member
Admin
+1 would be helpful for me (and the other players) since i always press q instead of 1 :confused:

BlaixenU

Pika Member
yeah now i can see why this is a problem. I don't drop stuff accidentally cause i actually have that muscle memory built over the span of using a keyboard and mouse for 4 years now, but, for the sake of the newer players who have to deal with this. How about we make a compromise, it becomes a setting inside of bedwars settings?

Anuly

Veteran
Hello MorteX795,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion for the server.
I am glad to tell you that your suggestion has been accepted and it's going to be implemented very soon!
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.