Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted BedWars Leaderboards statistics replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zxga

Great Reporter
Minecraft Username
Zxga

Suggestion:
Leaderboards statistics replacement

Detailed description:
I've contacted so many players and we agreed that leaderboards statistics should be replaced. Top 15 most games played should be replaced with top 15 bed broken players. Top 15 Kills should be replaced with top 15 Final Kills. Top 15 wins leaderboard should stay there.​

Reason(s):
Players would prefer these two leaderboards to be replaced with two I've mentioned, and finall kills and beds broken leaderboards are NOT farmable, unlike most games played and top kills.​

Example(s):
I've mentioned all examples up in description.

D

Deleted member 23559

The statistic templates you provide are more meaningful in-game than the ones in the game currently, Therefore:

+1

Panas

Banned
+1 i was first and couldnt see it now Zxga is back in the lead :(

Quikesss

+1 I agree, This makes getting on the leaderboard require more skill, and generally, they are better statistics to have.

TryHardMarktin

Veteran
Great Reporter
+1

But there is still some flaw about this suggestion. First off, about the Top Bed Breaks. This can be easily exploited since there are some bug reports being made about the bed break glitch on "Lighthouse"
I reccomend we change Bed Breaks into something else.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zxga

Zxga

Great Reporter
+1

But there is still some flaw about this suggestion. First off, about the Top Bed Breaks. This can be easily exploited since there are some bug reports being made about the bed break glitch on "Lighthouse"
I reccomend we change Bed Breaks into something else.
The bug is fixed :)

TryHardMarktin

Veteran
Great Reporter
The bug is fixed :)
Not really. People will always find a way to exploit so.. I think it's kinda bad. I am not saying that your suggestion is bad. I'm saying that there will be people trying to find a way to exploit.

D

Deleted member 23559

Not really. People will always find a way to exploit so.. I think it's kinda bad. I am not saying that your suggestion is bad. I'm saying that there will be people trying to find a way to exploit.
I don't think leaderboards should be based off what can and can't be exploited, rather what matters the most in a game. If exploits are found, they should be paid special attention to be fixed, then remove the stats that the people got who used an exploit after it's patched.

TryHardMarktin

Veteran
Great Reporter
I don't think leaderboards should be based off what can and can't be exploited, rather what matters the most in a game. If exploits are found, they should be paid special attention to be fixed, then remove the stats that the people got who used an exploit after it's patched.
People are motivated to do leader boards. If they find an exploit, they will start using it for their own satisfaction on the leaderboard. Don't get me wrong, I like having this thing on leaderboard.

OP
OP
Zxga

Zxga

Great Reporter
People are motivated to do leader boards. If they find an exploit, they will start using it for their own satisfaction on the leaderboard. Don't get me wrong, I like having this thing on leaderboard.
Well, since exploiting on PikaNetwork is bannable, staff can see player's stats, so if that player has unreal amount of beds destroyed compared to games played, player should be banned and his stats should be removed.

D

Deleted member 23559

Well, since exploiting on PikaNetwork is bannable, staff can see player's stats, so if that player has unreal amount of beds destroyed compared to games played, player should be banned and his stats should be removed.
You're right, but I think there should be a stat tracker, and as you said if something looks unusual, the staff team looks into it, and take care of it. But maybe instead of outright removing all of their stats, maybe trying to identify the stats that were legit and the stats that were with the usage of an exploit, thus only removing the stats achieved with the exploit.

TryHardMarktin

Veteran
Great Reporter
You're right, but I think there should be a stat tracker, and as you said if something looks unusual, the staff team looks into it, and take care of it. But maybe instead of outright removing all of their stats, maybe trying to identify the stats that were legit and the stats that were with the usage of an exploit, thus only removing the stats achieved with the exploit.
If someone was trusted enough to give the PikaNetwork's API, it might be possible to have a stat tracker site for pika.

Status
Not open for further replies.