Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

SkyMines Larger Mining Cubes

mysticator69

Pika Lover
Minecraft username:
Mysticator69​

Suggestion:
Larger Mining Cubes​

Detailed description:
Increase the size of mining cubes to 9x9 with 5 blocks of height and implement a higher respawn cooldown (not instant). This change aims to allow new players with weaker pickaxes a fair chance to mine a few blocks. Slowing down the respawn process can also discourage overpowered players from monopolizing resources, ensuring a more equitable distribution.​

Reason(s):
  • Larger 9x9x5 mining cubes provide enough opportunities for all players, regardless of their equipment, to collect resources.
  • A higher respawn cooldown promotes fairness by preventing rapid depletion of resources and allowing players more time to gather resources.

Example(s):
  • New players with weaker pickaxes can still mine a few blocks from larger cubes, whereas currently, stronger players can clear out cubes quickly.
  • Slower respawn times discourage resource hoarding by stronger players, ensuring that resources are available for all players to mine.

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
its perfectly setup as it is rn. i am pretty sure no player with netherite would mine stone or coal cubes for longer period of time. if someone go mine out cubes such as amythist emerald lapis or any the cube then its their mistake to streight up skip entire upgrading pic process.

OP
OP
mysticator69

mysticator69

Pika Lover
its perfectly setup as it is rn. i am pretty sure no player with netherite would mine stone or coal cubes for longer period of time. if someone go mine out cubes such as amythist emerald lapis or any the cube then its their mistake to streight up skip entire upgrading pic process.
Thanks for your input! I see where you're coming from, but I think larger mining cubes with a longer respawn time could really benefit everyone:
  1. Inclusivity: New players would have a better chance to mine without everything getting snatched up right away.
  2. Balance: It prevents stronger players from hogging all the resources, making things fairer.
  3. Visual Appeal: Bigger cubes would make the mining area look more impressive and fun to explore.
I don't see any reason why this can't happen—there are literally no downsides. These changes could make the game more enjoyable and fair for all players.
Regardless of whether players skip pickaxe upgrades or not, the first few efficiency levels are always super slow (netherite for example).