Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

ISLAND place based on build and resources not spawners.

davinchii

Can we all accept that no matter how big your island is that its only based on spawners? i have a huge island builded by 2 members and its nowhere near top 50 just because i haven't got any spawners. while you have got people with a very tiny island 20x20 filled with spawners in the top 10.
seen in the attached files this is the 21st player on the /is top list 21.PNG ( you can visit my island before the reset ) - davinchii -

moxxy17

Banned
that makes no sense. it is a competition, there has to be a way to measure value for island top. that makes no sense.

OP
OP
D

davinchii

the competition is : have the most spawners.
Is what you are implying bassically.
Which litterally defeats the point of skyblock. the meaning is you build up your island from something small and make it big and beautiful. yet i see everyone with a tiny little island filled with spawners which is totally not worth being in top 10.

moxxy17

Banned
Which litterally defeats the point of skyblock. the meaning is you build up your island from something small and make it big and beautiful. yet i see everyone with a tiny little island filled with spawners which is totally not worth being in top 10.
that is how skyblock competitions work? it's not about who puts the most effort in their island, the competition is about whoever has the most spawners.
which no one has a chance at winning bc of stopizza

keiko

The Pika
why did i read this post i dont even play classic skyblock

Oh_Itz_Sahil

Ultimate Legendary Pika
-1 no matter how big and beautiful the islands are skyblock is skyblock.
Building isnt an expensive process, buying spawners is tho.
And as far as i know top islands arent 20*20 filled with spawners, and even if it is does it matter?
Island place based on build is a terrible suggestion.

RaVo

Legendary Pika
-1 no matter how big and beautiful the islands are skyblock is skyblock.
Building isnt an expensive process, buying spawners is tho.
And as far as i know top islands arent 20*20 filled with spawners, and even if it is does it matter?
Island place based on build is a terrible suggestion.
Building can cost allot of time and matterials which can also make it expensive if you want to build something nice.

Still its also a -1 from me. The problem is that it is hard to measure. Skyblock here is called classic but its not really that classic. Skyblock here is simply about getting the most spawners/money.

The point system wouldnt be stable even if the that staff could quantify effort put into building.
I know that back when I played skyblock, the staff decided to rebalance the spawners when we overtook the first place. We were mad as hell, even though it might have been a reasonable thing to do, it didnt feel fair. There is often staff playing skyblock, so it quickly feels unfair.
A spawner system needs little balancing but a system that measures that beauty, impressiveness, size etc. of an island would need insane amounds of rebalancing.

Oh_Itz_Sahil

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Building can cost allot of time and matterials which can also make it expensive if you want to build something nice.

Still its also a -1 from me. The problem is that it is hard to measure. Skyblock here is called classic but its not really that classic. Skyblock here is simply about getting the most spawners/money.

The point system wouldnt be stable even if the that staff could quantify effort put into building.
I know that back when I played skyblock, the staff decided to rebalance the spawners when we overtook the first place. We were mad as hell, even though it might have been a reasonable thing to do, it didnt feel fair. There is often staff playing skyblock, so it quickly feels unfair.
A spawner system needs little balancing but a system that measures that beauty, impressiveness, size etc. of an island would need insane amounds of rebalancing.
Its hard to measure time and money spent on building, but money isn't an issue when it comes to building, as i said its very cheap.

I agree that tho its 'classic' skyblock it isnt very classic, I'm sure buffing the sell price of cactus and including the value of mineral blocks on the is worth would make a difference, and would make it the 'classic' skyblock which its supposed to be.

alvnwtf

Epic Pika
I don't even play skyblock but I do know that having a big island doesn't account to enough value compared to spawners

RaVo

Legendary Pika
I agree that tho its 'classic' skyblock it isnt very classic, I'm sure buffing the sell price of cactus and including the value of mineral blocks on the is worth would make a difference, and would make it the 'classic' skyblock which its supposed to be.
Maybey if sand was somewhat rare. Ells everyone would just use cactus and skip all the spawners that come before its price range.

edit: After I said this like it was something bad, I actually think that it could be good

Aquaman360

Rare Pika
hey davinchii -1