Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted OP Prison Huge Suggestion, Balancing, Changes & Fixes - (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TryHardMarktin

Veteran
Great Reporter
Username:
TryHardMarktin​

Suggestion:
Huge Suggestion, Balancing, Changes & Fixes - (Part 3)​

Detailed description:
imageedit_5_6962807989.png

Hello there everyone, in this thread, I will be tackling newer suggestion changes for an upcoming season for OP Prison. I think it’s time to make some changes that are quite fun for everyone to try with newer mechanics and a new grinding style as I want to expand prison into more than just mining blocks and prestige of your rank. This game mode is about grinding your way up to the top and I think some of these changes I’m about to mention will be one of those.

Due to the limit of forum text messages, we will be splitting the topic into different categories, ranging from new features, balance changes, and much more quality of life changes that I think will be beneficial to the upcoming season. I have done my best recreating all features that I am about to mention providing videos and images as an example. So please bear with me as I tackle all of them. In this thread, you may find the following suggestions: Skill Tree and Skill Changes, Introduction to Inmates (Minions), and Minor Quality of Life Changes and Features.

Changes to Skills & Skill Tree

I believe there should be more to the skills, and skill perks for OP Prison. And I think adding more will be quite interesting for the players to grind and try their best to challenge themselves. Here is a list of Skills and Perks I think should be changed/added:
  • Skill: Farming (Drugs)
    • Increases the chance of farming fortune by x%.
  • Skill: Mining (Block Mines)
    • Increases the chance of mining fortune by x%.
    • Increases the chance of getting a full block by x%.
  • Skill: Gambling (Keys & Gambler NPC)
    • Increases the chance of winning gambles from NPC by x%.
    • Increases the reroll chance from crates by x%.
  • Skill: PvE Combat (PvE Mobs)
    • Increases the chance of PvE mob drops by x%.
    • Increases the damage to PvE mobs by x%.
  • Skill: Escapist (The Solitary)
    • Increases the chance of higher tier reward of Supply Box drop by x%.
  • Skill: Combat (PvP)
    • Increases the chance of dropping a player's head by x%.
    • Increases the durability of the player’s armor by x%.
  • Skill: Companionship (Pets & Inmates)
    • Grants more pet experience to level up by x%
    • Increases the perk boost for pets by x%.
    • Decreases the inmate output second by x%.

Introduction to Inmates (Minions)

Inmates are a brand new type of buddy that will help you with the mining experience even if you’re offline! They will provide you with gemstones that you can use to get new minesuit armors. The Inmate output can be increased by upgrading it, increasing your skill, using a pet, electing a specific candidate, or even fueling it with PvE Mob Drops! It is very similar to the OP SkyBlock Minions, I believe that there should be an alternate way to get gemstones than mining progressively.

How do you craft/get them?
There should be a new NPC available on the spawn named “Inmate Forger” where they will give you a certain inmate depending on your Gemstone Balance and Beacons or by doing /inmate to open the menu.

The reason why I have included the Beacons as part of the requirement to craft them is due to the limited use of the currency. It is only used for prestige and nothing else in this current season and getting beacons is as easy as just applying a Beacon Finder enchant.

As of now, I have only come up with a few types of Inmates that you can receive and their gemstones are minesuit armors. I have also gone and made changes to the current list of gemstones and how you can obtain them. Here is the list.

Titanium Gemstone/Inmate/Minesuit (NEW)

• The Titanium Minesuit will grant you taking less damage against PvE Mobs by a certain amount of percent depending on its upgrade level.
  • When a full suit is active, you will get Plutonium Gemstones when mining.
  • It will require you over 2,500 Shiny Diamond Gemstones and 500 Beacons to craft.
  • There are only 5 Tiers of Leveling this Inmate.
  • Tier 1 ➠ Tier 2 = 500 Shiny Diamonds
    • Decreases the work output from <x> to <x> seconds.
  • Tier 2 ➠ Tier 3 = 1,000 Shiny Diamonds
  • Tier 3 ➠ Tier 4 = 1,500 Shiny Diamonds
  • Tier 4 ➠ Tier 5 = 2,000 Shiny Diamonds

Plutonium Gemstone/Inmate/Minesuit (CHANGED)

• The Plutonium Minesuit will grant you extra drug crop drops by a certain amount of percent depending on its upgrade level.
  • When a full suit is active, you will get Topaz Gemstones when mining.
  • It will require you over 2,500 Titanium Gemstones and 1,500 Beacons to craft.
  • Tier 1 ➠ Tier 2 = 500 Titanium Gemstones
  • Tier 2 ➠ Tier 3 = 1,000 Titanium Gemstones
  • Tier 3 ➠ Tier 4 = 1,500 Titanium Gemstones
  • Tier 4 ➠ Tier 5 = 2,000 Titanium Gemstones

Topaz Gemstone/Inmate/Minesuit (CHANGED)

• The Topaz Minesuit will grant you extra lucky block drops by a certain amount of percent depending on its upgrade level.
  • When a full suit is active, you will get Amethyst Gemstones when mining.
  • It will require you over 2,500 Plutonium Gemstones and 2,500 Beacons to craft.
  • Tier 1 ➠ Tier 2 = 500 Plutonium Gemstones
  • Tier 2 ➠ Tier 3 = 1,000 Plutonium Gemstones
  • Tier 3 ➠ Tier 4 = 1,500 Plutonium Gemstones
  • Tier 4 ➠ Tier 5 = 2,000 Plutonium Gemstones

Amethyst Gemstone/Inmate/Minesuit (CHANGED)

• The Amethyst Minesuit will grant you a crate reroll chance by a certain amount of percent depending on its upgrade level.
  • When a full suit is active, you will get Tourmaline Gemstones when mining.
  • It will require you over 2,500 Topaz Gemstones and 5,000 Beacons to craft.
  • Tier 1 ➠ Tier 2 = 500 Topaz Gemstones
  • Tier 2 ➠ Tier 3 = 1,000 Topaz Gemstones
  • Tier 3 ➠ Tier 4 = 1,500 Topaz Gemstones
  • Tier 4 ➠ Tier 5 = 2,000 Topaz Gemstones

Tourmaline Gemstone/Orb (NEW)

• The Tourmaline Orb will grant you an extra boost for capping outposts by 5% on each of your armor pieces.
  • To use this, you must drag this item to your armor and it will grant you the perk.
This Tourmaline Orb will require you 2,000 Amethyst Gemstone and 2,500 Beacons to craft/forge the item.​

imageedit_15_5746094495.png

Minor Quality of Life Changes, Features, Fixes

Gang Missions, Perks, and Permissions Revamp!

With the new changes and system from the gang, I think that it will be outdated to not make any changes to this category. From new seasons, it has been ignored much from the changes and updates which is why I am going back to these changes with some suggestions:​
Let me start with the first one, Gang Missions have become repetitive with no new challenges or missions that must be done cooperatively. That is why I propose newer missions related to other skills like opening Token Keys, Killing PvE Mobs, Farming Drugs, and more. In addition to this, I feel like we have lost meaning on grinding blocks missions as they are no longer counted as “Raw Blocks”. I think we should revert to the raw state of grinding in the mission, however, I do understand why this was a complaint in the first place due to the absurd amount of blocks required to accomplish this mission. I think this should be at a minimal amount ranging from 5,000 to 10,000 Raw Blocks Broken.​
Going to the next one, Gang Perks have become somewhat useless to even upgrade, or even worth doing which is another reason why Gang Missions have been ignored by most of the players on the server. I feel like in this category, there should be something useful that the gang will use from their gameplay experience and for competition against other gangs. I feel like gang boosters have become limited to the higher-ranked players and didn’t have a chance to get used by other players who wish to compete for the gang rankings. This is why I believe there should be boosters that the gang can purchase on /g perks as they will give motivation to the players for doing their responsibilities in the gang.​
In addition to this, I would like to mention about the Gang Vault is somewhat useless for the people to even purchase as they don’t work. I feel like it should have a revamp or remodel similar to the Gang Bank & Contribution System that I have shown on the thread before where there will be logs for taking and putting items or tools that the other gangs can use.​
And lastly, permissions will be outdated with these suggestions as there will be new systems like (Vault & Bank) being part of this, I think there should be a limit on who can use it on the gang by setting permission, especially controlling logs, etc.​

Cell Upgrades and Permission Changes

Similar to the Gang Permissions and Upgrades I feel like it was ignored by the previous season and now due to these suggestions, I feel like there should be improvements and changes as newer seasons and newer updates emerges from other categories. Going back to my previous suggestion, I have mentioned a specific command/setting where you can set passwords to your cell or simply make the cell only accessible to gang members. I think that it would be a great addition to have as it will encourage the gang to use cells to create a safe place where they can share their resources, build together, and keep secret information that gangs would normally do. In addition to this, I think that players should have a viable option to start creating a cell without a pre-made build as it will save them some time from removing the build, a part of a quality of life change by observing players on the server. These are just some examples I have in mind and I am sure more ideas could be generated on this topic.​

Scroll Revamp and Changes

As the Scroll G-Kit becomes popular on the server and being obsolete at the same time due to most players having it, I think that it has lost its value by getting every scroll immediately with just one click. Its value of it also proves that it has become an obsolete item that many people do not use very often. I believe that they should have a complete revamp on how can you obtain them and I may have just found a solution to that problem.​
I think that the Scroll G-Kit should be similar to the premise of Abandoned and Mystery G-Kit where you will be given a crate that you can open and get random rewards. In this case, I would like the Scroll G-Kit to have its premise where players will get 3 Scroll Box and each box will give 3 random scrolls. Here I have an example of what the new scrolls and the box should look like.​

Mini-introduction to Marketplace

Ever imagined buying something you want like Crate Keys, Mystery Boxes, and Abandoned Crates in an instant? Well, The Marketplace has you covered for that! It is a new system that I think the server should have as it will fix overpricing items and more inflation on the economy. The price of the items sold/purchased on The Marketplace will depend on their Supply and Player’s Demand. For example, as the supply of Abandoned Crates slowly decreases, the price will have to slowly increase from time to time.​

Public and Private Mine Changes

In this category of changes, I only have a minor issue where we players cannot have a choice of where to mine in a mine. I feel like mine should have a preference way from the bottom, or side when mining as some people may choose where they want to start mining.​

More Cosmetics (Pet Skins, Inmate Skins, New Tags)

These suggestions I have made are quite tedious for the server’s developer and the server itself to handle without any monetization features. I feel like there should be new cosmetics from these changes to make a few funds to support the work and the server’s progression in handling upcoming updates.​

Reason(s):
Where do I begin? The reason why I have made such an effort of making a suggestion here is because of the lack of content and the game mode itself being repetitive in giving challenges. Most OP Prison or Prison Servers, in general, have the same content they produce for their players and I think that it won't be as unique for PikaNetwork to just do the same things. With customized plugins produced by the server developers themselves, it may be possible to create most of these things and I think that it will be way more fun and addicting to bring a new style of grinding to the game mode rather than just breaking blocks all day.

Most of these suggestions I've presented are kind of new and I know that some people may not enjoy reading this as they might think it'll bring complications to the gameplay. I say that if you enjoy the content of PikaNetwork's OP Prison, you are bound to find more things that you'd wish exist in the game and I have done my best to present some of my ideas to the community and hope that the game mode itself will be more entertaining. I honestly didn't play much in this current season as it didn't give a fun experience of just grinding blocks over and over.

This is the final part of my OP Prison Suggestion, you may check out Parts 1 and 2 in this forum thread:
Part #1: https://pika-network.net/threads/huge-suggestion-balancing-changes-fixes-part-1.231915/
Part #2: https://pika-network.net/threads/huge-suggestion-balancing-changes-fixes-part-2.231917/

That is all, I have spent over a week preparing for these suggestions, and compiled screenshots/videos as a demonstration. I hope that you enjoy reading the contents, feel free to leave feedback below and upvote if you are interested in seeing this in the next season. Also, special thanks to @Diamond_Gamerzz and @Hyperrion for helping me give a few ideas, and helping me with fixes for this suggestion.​

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
You made some cool suggestions. However, adding even more features makes the game confusing. A lot of current features like the custom enchants, and levelling of mine suits are unobtainable, even for players with lots of gkits due to the high costs. A lot needs to be done to balance the economy so all players have a chance to access all these features before the season ends. Seasons are very short and few make it past prestige 10.

There are still loads of bugs that need fixing, the slime disappearing has happened since the very first season. Until all bugs are fixed, new features should not be added. New features = more bugs, that don't get fixed until the next season.

I have a lot of suggestions myself, so I will create my own list very soon.

OP
OP
TryHardMarktin

TryHardMarktin

Veteran
Great Reporter
You made some cool suggestions. However, adding even more features makes the game confusing. A lot of current features like the custom enchants, and levelling of mine suits are unobtainable, even for players with lots of gkits due to the high costs. A lot needs to be done to balance the economy so all players have a chance to access all these features before the season ends. Seasons are very short and few make it past prestige 10.

There are still loads of bugs that need fixing, the slime disappearing has happened since the very first season. Until all bugs are fixed, new features should not be added. New features = more bugs, that don't get fixed until the next season.

I have a lot of suggestions myself, so I will create my own list very soon.

I understand your point about making new content for the OP Prison. I have already mentioned that it may be complicated for players to understand the new features but it's not impossible to learn them. I made this suggestion mostly to create new content rather than just being the same prison where it's like the rest of the other servers. Some minor changes, I did not mention your example about the "slime disappearing" has already been resolved in a past change log however, developers still have no idea it is still ongoing.

About the Newer Content = More Bugs, I can assure you that it will be of course tested carefully and most of my suggestions will be added in a few manners or one by one, not in one update. Of course, that will cause some problems if they just dropped all of these contents in one go. I am just stating some new features that could be a new entertaining form of grinding.

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Hello TryHardMarktin,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion for the server.
I am glad to tell you that your suggestion has been accepted and some parts of it are going to be implemented within the upcoming reset!
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.