Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted OP Prison Huge Suggestion, Balancing, Changes & Fixes - (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TryHardMarktin

Veteran
Great Reporter
Username:
TryHardMarktin

Suggestion:
Huge Suggestion, Balancing, Changes & Fixes - (Part 2)

Detailed description:
imageedit_5_6962807989.png

Hello there everyone, in this thread, I will be tackling newer suggestion changes for an upcoming season for OP Prison. I think it’s time to make some changes that are quite fun for everyone to try with newer mechanics and a new grinding style as I want to expand prison into more than just mining blocks and prestige of your rank. This game mode is about grinding your way up to the top and I think some of these changes I’m about to mention will be one of those.

Due to the limit of forum text messages, we will be splitting the topic into different categories, ranging from new features, balance changes, and much more quality of life changes that I think will be beneficial to the upcoming season. I have done my best recreating all features that I am about to mention providing videos and images as an example. So please bear with me as I tackle all of them. In this thread, you may find the following suggestions: Spellbooks & Enchantments, Changes to Mafia Candidates, and The Solitary and PvE System.

Introduction to Spellbooks & Enchantments

As you may know or do not know already, there are gem enchantments added to the game which are only available for late-game material. I feel like there should be mid-game tier enchantments that will help the player progress more to the enchantments they wish to purchase and obtain. The current gem enchantments right now are obsolete for grinders as most of them are only in favor of Combat players. This is why I have introduced enchantments that are related to grinding (Mining or PvE Combat).​

Spreading (Minesuit Armor)

Increases the boost effect of the minesuit armor by +x%.​
These enchant will only be active if you have them applied on all of the minesuit armor pieces.​

Generosity (Minesuit Armor)

Maximum Players: 5 - Maximum Radius: 10
Nearby players with the same minesuit as you and yourself will be given an extra boost of +x%. These enchant will only be active if you have them applied on all of the minesuit armor pieces.​

Speedminer (Minesuit – Boots)

Increases flight and movement speed when you are on a mine by +x%.​

Natural Aura (Minesuit Armor)

Increases the explosive, tornado, boomerang enchants by +x%.​
These enchant will only be active if you have them applied on all of the minesuit armor pieces.​

Lucky Vision (Minesuit – Helmet)

Increases the rate of lucky block drops and lucky chest by +x%.​

Improvements for Mafia Candidates

Candidates (Mafia) on the OP Prison did quite give an impact on the player’s gameplay however it wasn’t quite advertised to the public and wasn’t well known. It didn’t give a critical decision to players so here are the things I think should be improved and changed.​
Allow players to change their minds about voting on a Mafia Family.
  • Mafia voting will only give you one chance of picking a candidate. Some players are indecisive and tend to change votes from time to time. I believe this will be a great change so they don’t stick to one candidate every time they pick.
Publicly announce to players on the server about electing a New Mafia Family.
  • The reason why Mafia Elections do not get any activity from the player base is they are completely unfamiliar that it existed in the first place. I think that there should be a specific announcement in the chat and title for it, that way it will get interactions. Here’s an example of what it should look like in the chat.

unknown.png

imageedit_9_8581507712.png
Revamping perks/debuffs on Mafia Family.
  • Each Mafia Family has a different class yet their perks seem to be so similar to the other candidates. I think that there should be more classes, and perks that we can elect on the pool and it will rotate every week as the new update progresses, newer mafias should be added to the family-like PvE Mafias, PvP Mafias, etc.
Grant players a different voting amount when electing a Mafia Family.
  • Picking a mafia family will only give +1 vote per player and I think this is where a possible monetization for the server comes into the way where Ranked Players could have different amounts of voting points. Here are some examples that I have given.
Boss Rank+15 Candidate Votes
Captain Rank +12 Candidate Votes
Hitman Rank+10 Candidate Votes
Gangster Rank+8 Candidate Votes
Criminal Rank+5 Candidate Votes
Smuggler Rank+3 Candidate Votes
Normal Player+1 Candidate Vote

Introduction to The Solitary & PvE System

First, let’s start with the PvE System. Like I said earlier, OP Prison’s goal has only become mining blocks and ranking up. I believe that it gets boring time after time when we have reached maximum ranks and got bored mining blocks. I think that there should be more challenges and things you should grind for in this game mode. This is why I have proposed this feature. I think that there should be a new area or warp to PvE where there will be PvE Mobs that could potentially give us more items and drops that are unique and fun.​

These mobs could drop the following items:
  • PvE Skills Experience
  • Pickaxe Gems and Boxes
  • Special Armor Pieces and Pet Drops
  • Inmate/Pickaxe Fuels (For Inmates)
  • Rare Enchantment Book Drops
  • Special Trophy Items or Cosmetic Items
  • And many more items!

Now let’s get into The Solitary part. What does this even mean? The Solitary is a PvE Maze/Catacomb that players can access in a certain hour or could even be unlocked through a milestone done by all players of the server. They will only have 1 hour to be in this area.

This area will be filled with PvE Mobs and Supply Drops that players could access in a certain amount of minutes. The higher the rarity of the Supply Box, the longer it will take to be opened by players. PvP is disabled in this area as such only The Guards will only damage you. You better watch out for players who are going to steal your supply box and watch out for The Guards as they deal more damage than normal PvE Mobs.
The Rarity of a Supply Box and it’s time to open:
  • Common Supply Box - 1 minute to open
  • Rare Supply Box - 3 minutes to open
  • Legendary Supply Box - 5 minutes to open
Example photo of the Supply Boxes:

imageedit_11_3328234012.png

imageedit_13_7120170354.png

In addition to this suggestion, I would like to credit and point out one suggestion I’ve seen from the thread as they greatly made a wonderful detail for what I think OP Prison should have. Check it out HERE for more information - Thread composed by @ItZiiko_.

I am very intrigued to see Mini-Bosses or Boss Mob in the game where they will spawn in a certain amount of time. One example I have mentioned was a customized Robo-Pikachu and its chance of dropping a pet. I think this will show a perfect example of grinding and competition with other players.

Reason(s):
Where do I begin? The reason why I have made such an effort of making a suggestion here is because of the lack of content and the game mode itself being repetitive in giving challenges. Most OP Prison or Prison Servers, in general, have the same content they produce for their players and I think that it won't be as unique for PikaNetwork to just do the same things. With customized plugins produced by the server developers themselves, it may be possible to create most of these things and I think that it will be way more fun and addicting to bring a new style of grinding to the game mode rather than just breaking blocks all day.

Most of these suggestions I've presented are kind of new and I know that some people may not enjoy reading this as they might think it'll bring complications to the gameplay. I say that if you enjoy the content of PikaNetwork's OP Prison, you are bound to find more things that you'd wish exist in the game and I have done my best to present some of my ideas to the community and hope that the game mode itself will be more entertaining. I honestly didn't play much in this current season as it didn't give a fun experience of just grinding blocks over and over.

This is only Part 2 out of 3 in my OP Prison Suggestion, you may check out Parts 1 and 3 in this forum thread:

That is all, I have spent over a week preparing for these suggestions, and compiled screenshots/videos as a demonstration. I hope that you enjoy reading the contents, feel free to leave feedback below and upvote if you are interested in seeing this in the next season. Also, special thanks to @Diamond_Gamerzz and @Hyperrion for helping me give a few ideas, and helping me with fixes for this suggestion.

Last edited:

TinCanL

Banned
Great Reporter
Nice, really detailed suggestion! If implemented into the game mode, I feel like it would be very fun, I’m excited to see where this goes. +1

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Hello TryHardMarktin,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion for the server.
I am glad to tell you that your suggestion has been accepted and some parts of it are going to be implemented within the upcoming reset!
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.