Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Survival Fixing some issues with /warp pvp

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
Minecraft Username
KittenznOm

Suggestion:
Fixing some issues with /warp pvp

Detailed description:
I highly recommend adding a combat log plugin. The actual warp also needs to be renovated or at least fixed.

Reason(s):
Combat Log

Survival obviously wasn't designed around pvp so a lot of the commands really break it when they're used within warp pvp. Currently, the only command that is disabled within warp pvp is /fly. Disallowed commands should include /pv , /c warp (and other teleportation commands), /fix all, and /god.

These commands really break pvp. Fixing mid combat means fights can last forever, and /god is just a cheap way out for donators. In general, a regular player is basically doomed fighting a donator because their commands give them a significant advantage in warp pvp and makes it a lot less fun for everyone involved.

The other issue is combat logging and teleporting out. Some ranks have instant teleporting, and /c warp isn't cancelled by movement, so you can enter the command, run for 5 seconds, and escape for free. I understand survival "isn't about pvp", but it's extremely frustrating to risk your gear to then have someone just teleport out right at the end. Even if you don't lose your armor, you lose the potions and gapples you used in the fight for no reward.

Renovating Warp PvP

I'm not an expert on this, but it's my understanding that the current warp pvp was ported over from an older version of minecraft. This has left some issues with invisible blocks around the paths that get you stuck in place and glitch you the heck out. You can't tp out usually, and they're hard to escape in a fight because you need to leave them the same way you entered the block. This can be difficult if someone is constantly hitting you, keeping you stuck in place and basically instantly losing you the fight. These invisible walls either need to be fixed, or we just need a new warp pvp without these bugs. I've included a video of the glitch

"

"

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
+1 This pvp arena was taken from the old spawn me and my team built. That spawn was built in my 1.12 sever and at the last minute yoeri decided to keep it 1.8 so all the new blocks had to be changed after it was pasted on the actual server. This is why there is some odd white concrete in places and probably why some blocks are invisible. Also, the random fences should have leaves on but they decay immediately, leaf-decay should be denied before pasting. If they asked me for a schematic I would have given them the updated one, I still have it if they want it.

Max

Staff Member
Owner
Suggestion - ACCEPTED

Hello KittenznOm,​
Thank you for your interest in Pika-Network by creating a suggestion for the network.​
I am glad to tell you that your suggestion is accepted and it will be implemented​
Have fun playing!​

Good night,
Max

Status
Not open for further replies.