Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

SkyMines Fishing Island Competition Area

mysticator69

Pika Lover
Minecraft username:
Mysticator69​

Suggestion:
Fishing Island Competition Area​

Detailed description:
Introduce a dedicated Fishing Island or area within the SkyMines server where players can participate in fishing competitions. In this PvP-free zone, players compete to catch the most fish within a set time frame. At the end of the competition, the top three players with the highest number of fish caught win prizes. The competition could run at regular intervals, such as hourly or daily, to encourage frequent participation and create an engaging community event. This feature would also give fishing rods, which are currently underutilized, a significant purpose and value within the game. Additionally, visible leaderboards could be added to showcase the players with the most fish caught, adding a competitive and motivating element. To enhance the fishing experience, new fishing rod enchantments could be introduced to provide players with various advantages during competitions.​

Reason(s):
  • Encourages Community Engagement: A fishing competition provides a fun and competitive activity that brings players together, fostering a sense of community.
  • Diversifies Gameplay: Introducing a new, non-combat activity allows players to take a break from mining and PvP, adding variety to the gameplay experience.
  • Promotes Fair Play: Disabling PvP in the fishing area ensures that all participants can compete fairly without interference from others.
  • Rewards Active Players: Regularly scheduled competitions with prizes incentivize players to stay active and participate frequently, increasing server activity.
  • Utilizes Fishing Rods: This new feature would give fishing rods, which are currently useless, a significant purpose, making them valuable and sought-after items in the game.
  • Adds Competitive Element: Visible leaderboards showcasing the players with the most fish caught will motivate players to participate and strive to be the best.
  • Enhances Fishing Experience: Introducing new fishing rod enchantments will provide players with various advantages during competitions, making the fishing experience more engaging and strategic.

Example(s):
  • Players gather on the Fishing Island every 4 hours for a 15-30 minute fishing competition. The top three players who catch the most fish within this time win prizes, such as rare items, in-game currency etc...
  • A visible leaderboard tracks and displays the top fishers of the day, week, and month, with additional rewards for those who consistently perform well.
  • Special events or themed fishing competitions could be held, such as catching specific types of fish or using certain types of bait, adding extra challenges and variety to the competitions.
  • Fishing rods can be enchanted with new enchantments like "Speed Fisher" (increases fishing speed), "Luck of the Sea+" (improves chances of catching rare fish), or "Endurance" (reduces durability loss), adding another layer of strategy and progression to the game.

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
-1, these types of event already exist in other gamemodes such as kitpvp or similar system in skypvp. in my opinion these events does not suit skymines and rather then making features that would encourage players to spend more time outside the island rather then inside is not a good idea mostly cuz islands are already under used and if everything gonna be outside the island, it does not make sense having islands as a main part of the game

OP
OP
mysticator69

mysticator69

Pika Lover
Those rewards wouldn't be enough to incentivize it imo , i think 1st place should get some sort of crate key , godly perhaps.

Anonymous2345

Minecraft username:
Mysticator69

Suggestion:
Fishing Island Competition Area

Detailed description:
Introduce a dedicated Fishing Island or area within the SkyMines server where players can participate in fishing competitions. In this PvP-free zone, players compete to catch the most fish within a set time frame. At the end of the competition, the top three players with the highest number of fish caught win prizes. The competition could run at regular intervals, such as hourly or daily, to encourage frequent participation and create an engaging community event. This feature would also give fishing rods, which are currently underutilized, a significant purpose and value within the game. Additionally, visible leaderboards could be added to showcase the players with the most fish caught, adding a competitive and motivating element. To enhance the fishing experience, new fishing rod enchantments could be introduced to provide players with various advantages during competitions.

Reason(s):
  • Encourages Community Engagement: A fishing competition provides a fun and competitive activity that brings players together, fostering a sense of community.
  • Diversifies Gameplay: Introducing a new, non-combat activity allows players to take a break from mining and PvP, adding variety to the gameplay experience.
  • Promotes Fair Play: Disabling PvP in the fishing area ensures that all participants can compete fairly without interference from others.
  • Rewards Active Players: Regularly scheduled competitions with prizes incentivize players to stay active and participate frequently, increasing server activity.
  • Utilizes Fishing Rods: This new feature would give fishing rods, which are currently useless, a significant purpose, making them valuable and sought-after items in the game.
  • Adds Competitive Element: Visible leaderboards showcasing the players with the most fish caught will motivate players to participate and strive to be the best.
  • Enhances Fishing Experience: Introducing new fishing rod enchantments will provide players with various advantages during competitions, making the fishing experience more engaging and strategic.

Example(s):
  • Players gather on the Fishing Island every 4 hours for a 15-30 minute fishing competition. The top three players who catch the most fish within this time win prizes, such as rare items, in-game currency etc...
  • A visible leaderboard tracks and displays the top fishers of the day, week, and month, with additional rewards for those who consistently perform well.
  • Special events or themed fishing competitions could be held, such as catching specific types of fish or using certain types of bait, adding extra challenges and variety to the competitions.
  • Fishing rods can be enchanted with new enchantments like "Speed Fisher" (increases fishing speed), "Luck of the Sea+" (improves chances of catching rare fish), or "Endurance" (reduces durability loss), adding another layer of strategy and progression to the game.
I like this suggestion and maybe they could add a ton of variety in it. +1 from me.
My ideas of what they could do:
-Since cod and salmon are already in the game[both can be common], they could add more, like swordfish [uncommon], tuna [uncommon], bass [epic] and others [I don't know much about fish]

-Endurance will be complimentary with unbreaking, in a way that if you have endurance on, unbreaking has a lower chance to take durability from the rod, like 10% lower chance. Endurance will have one level, so it isn't that OP when combined with Unbreaking. Max lvls for enchants: endurance - 1 ; unbreaking - 4. This way Unbreaking will have 10% chance to take durability [Endurance 1, Unbreaking 4]

-"Luck of the Sea+" (improves chances of catching rare fish) is a good idea., but I think it is better to have just normal Luck of the sea enchant, just with bigger levels.

-The timing of fishing events will be every hour. To not interfere with crate drops they will be in --:30 [Example: 10:30, 11:30, etc.]

-Rewards I think that it is best to not be OP, bot not disappointing. I think they should be:
Participated - 32 iron
Top 20 - 2 compressed gold + all rewards on top
Top 15 - 2 compressed redstone + 2 compressed lapiz lazuli + all rewards on top
Top 10 - 2 compressed diamonds + 2 compressed emeralds + all rewards on top
Top 5 - 5 compressed netherite + 1 compressed obsidian + 1 compressed crying obsidian + all rewards on top
Top 3 - 10 compressed amethyst + all rewards on top
1st place - 1 compressed block of choice + all rewards on top
I made this graph off the top of my mind, this is just an example.

These are my suggestions, feel free to disagree with me or correct me on things that I have overlooked.
Best regards
pocomaster

Last edited:

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
Those rewards wouldn't be enough to incentivize it imo , i think 1st place should get some sort of crate key , godly perhaps.
bro...... u srsly didnt just said godly key is not wort the effort