Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Survival Entity Clearing Improvement

Soul_Sand_block

Epic Pika
Minecraft username:
Soul_Sand​

Suggestion:
Make It So That Clearing Entities Does Not Clear The Dropped Stuff in the Chunk Where a Player is Present.​

Detailed description:
There is a feature in survival where all the things dropped get cleared every 10 minutes. Yes, this is very good for reducing lag, but sometimes there are important things that are accidently dropped and in the worst scenarios they get cleared before we are able to pick them up. Therefore, my suggestion is to make it so that the entities DO NOT get cleared in the chunk where the player is present.

Reason(s):
  • Not only me, but several people have been in a situation where they accidently drop an item which is valuable for them and they get cleared at that time causing players to lose their valuable stuff.

• This won't be harmful as it is the same chunk in which the player is, so if the items are not really useful in the chunk where the player is, they can automatically despawn in some time.

• There are few farms (like my wood farm) where we have to manually pick up the items mined. So it gets annoying for me when I see that some of my wood has been cleared before I could pick it up.

Last edited:

GamingSankalpYt

Great Reporter
Well, I did actually think for it but it's a really bad idea because some people can really exploit this badly and cause server to crash or get worse tps then ever. Best idea is to switch up the binds or keep a eye on chat and lastly downvote from me.

OP
OP
S

Soul_Sand_block

Epic Pika
Well, I did actually think for it but it's a really bad idea because some people can really exploit this badly and cause server to crash or get worse tps then ever. Best idea is to switch up the binds or keep a eye on chat and lastly downvote from me.
How can this be exploited?
The items get stacked upon falling and there's nothing you can exploit in it as there is no item other than tools, armour and other few items which cannot be stacked. So this can't actually be exploited. If something like this would have to be exploited, it would have been exploited in the 10minutes gap before the entities despawning. And in this feature its only one chunk which is not so big...

GamingSankalpYt

Great Reporter
How can this be exploited?
The items get stacked upon falling and there's nothing you can exploit in it as there is no item other than tools, armour and other few items which cannot be stacked. So this can't actually be exploited. If something like this would have to be exploited, it would have been exploited in the 10minutes gap before the entities despawning. And in this feature its only one chunk which is not so big...
Think for a moment and tell me what's the point of entity clear?

OP
OP
S

Soul_Sand_block

Epic Pika
Think for a moment and tell me what's the point of entity clear?
As I mentioned earlier the items are still going to get cleared but only not in the chunk where the player is present. So its function still exists and I don't see any way how it can be exploited. So player has lets say broke his chests full of useless stuff so the items are going to get stacked and despawned as the player moves out from the chunk after breaking the chests.

GamingSankalpYt

Great Reporter
As I mentioned earlier the items are still going to get cleared but only not in the chunk where the player is present. So its function still exists and I don't see any way how it can be exploited. So player has lets say broke his chests full of useless stuff so the items are going to get stacked and despawned as the player moves out from the chunk after breaking the chests.
Be practical, as no one gonna go around using f3+g and see the chunks border and even they do, what do you think? Can't some of the items get out of the chunk/drop out of chunk from where u are standing, so there is no point of what are you saying. I'm not gonna go to the technicalities behind that but it's pretty exploitable. "These suggestions just sound promising and good but it's not very practical.

OP
OP
S

Soul_Sand_block

Epic Pika
Be practical, as no one gonna go around using f3+g and see the chunks border and even they do, what do you think? Can't some of the items get out of the chunk/drop out of chunk from where u are standing, so there is no point of what are you saying. I'm not gonna go to the technicalities behind that but it's pretty exploitable. "These suggestions just sound promising and good but it's not very practical.
Bro you are telling as if everyone will be standing just 1 block before the chunk and lose their items. Even if some items get out, the possibilities of the item dropping just before the timer, in a different chunk are very very low. And as i again mentioned earlier if exploiting would have to take place it would have happened earlier only within the 10 minutes gap. Still if you are against it then tell me how it can exploited.

Some_Matej

Great Reporter
L suggestion don't be an idiot and drop your things BOOM PROBLEM SOLVED