Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

English grammar help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agrolax

Legendary Pika
Help. I got admissiom test tomorrow.
Give me some General Knowledge that might come and tell me whats the difference between Would and will. Like I would do that and I will do that.
k peace, goodnight

shadow1755

Epic Pika
hello if you going to type it in a paper rip if you going to send it as email or something use Grammarly its will help LOT LOT just check it it will help later if you don't need it atm

OP
OP
Agrolax

Agrolax

Legendary Pika
hello if you going to type it in a paper rip if you going to send it as email or something use Grammarly its will help LOT LOT just check it it will help later if you don't need it atm
I have a good knowledge about Grammar. I don't need Grammarly as an asisstant.
Plus, that's cheating. It's an exam, not just simple writing. And it's on a paper. It's not like I'm gonna fail, I always got the top on English at my school, but since we moved to another country, I need to get admission.

ali99

Epic Pika
WOULD directs any action which was taken in the past

in simple terms Would is a past-tense form of will

also in direct-indirect tense

direct:
Safder said,"i will defeat Steli"

so the indirect would be : Safder said THAT he WOULD defeat Steli.

we added THAT

we removed INVERTED MARK (DIALOGUE MARKS) , AND ALL COMMAS

we changed will to WOULD

this is TRUE for ALL conversions from DIRECT to INDIRECT

OP
OP
Agrolax

Agrolax

Legendary Pika
WOULD directs any action which was taken in the past

in simple terms Would is a past-tense form of will

also in direct-indirect tense

direct:
Safder said,"i will defeat Steli"

so the indirect would be : Safder said THAT he WOULD defeat Steli.

we added THAT

we removed INVERTED MARK (DIALOGUE MARKS) , AND ALL COMMAS

we changed will to WOULD

this is TRUE for ALL conversions from DIRECT to INDIRECT
I know "would" is a past tense... But here, "I would do that", it's not a past tense's sentence.

ali99

Epic Pika
I know "would" is a past tense... But here, "I would do that", it's not a past tense's sentence.

this sentence which u just spoke enters a new region in English Grammar , being Dependent and In-Dependent clauses...

speaking this sentence would seem ok but when u write that , ...ur teacher would circle it out..

basically the sentence I would do that is incomplete...

it should be
I would do that, if i had a pen (ALSO WRITTEN AS If I had a pen , i would do that

this is studied in conditional sentences...

there r 3 types of conditional sentences...

Google that

i hope this helped

OP
OP
Agrolax

Agrolax

Legendary Pika
this sentence which u just spoke enters a new region in English Grammar , being Dependent and In-Dependent clauses...

speaking this sentence would seem ok but when u write that , ...ur teacher would circle it out..

basically the sentence I would do that is incomplete...

it should be
I would do that, if i had a pen (ALSO WRITTEN AS If I had a pen , i would do that

this is studied in conditional sentences...

there r 3 types of conditional sentences...

Google that

i hope this helped
I just gave an example. I know about dependant and independant clauses.
I'm asking if it has any other mentionable properties, like "will" and "might", where may means the verb is optional, like it's not a must.
For example, "I might do that" and "I will do that". The first sentence means I may or may not do action whereas in the second sentence, it's mandatory, like a must.
And again, those are examples, I know about dependant and independant clauses.

And 1 more thing, since I find you so expert in English, help me out with reversible sentences, I forgot them.
I think verb comes before the subject, can you give me the rules. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's this.
"The bird sat on the tree" and if it is reversed, it's "On the tree, sat the bird".

I should probably talk with my friend about this since he studies the same things as I did.
So bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.