Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Survival End Portal suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

boopboopMC

Epic Pika
Minecraft Username
boopboopMC

Suggestion:
End Portal suggestion

Detailed description:
Remove stronghold generation from the resource world's weekly resets. Players cannot light the portal in the resource worlds, but they definitely can try. And that trying leads to a very loud sound effect to play for everyone in the server. Because it doesn't open the portal, the user can spam that sound effect which is extremely annoying.
Reason(s):
Removing the stronghold generation from the resource world would be really useful because people would not be able to spam the portal opening sound effect, which annoys players.

Last edited:

MouraThat

Veteran
I have a few issues with some of the stuff your saying , although I agree with the main concept

My biggest issue is with the idea :
'Adding a command to access the end to be unlocked after X number of days have been played on the server. (Play for 5 days total, earn the command permission) This would allow fair access to the end for those who actively play the server. '
Personally I don't think this is nesseccary , the end is meant to be rarer than the nether and I just feel like people should only be allowed to access it if they find a stronghold.

Furthermore the fundemental issue I have is we simply can't stop people raiding the end. The distribution of items is really bad right now , there are only a few players mainly donators who have these items and some donators have like 20 Dragon heads (or something silly like that). Everytime we reset the end these donators would simply add to the collection and I don't feel like it would give other people a chance. That's why I feel like to be fair there's got to be a way for the donators not to get all the stuff and for everyone to have a fair share. Removing /fly is one option but considering how donators paid for that command it seems a bit unfair. Maybe somehow implement a limit on how many times you can go to the end or raid a city. With your current suggestion nothing would really change except the rich get richer (if you get the idea)

On the thing about the quests I don't really have an opinion on that , maybe just remove the quest?

I do agree completly with 'Removing the stronghold generation from the resource world would be really useful because people would not be able to spam the portal opening sound effect, which annoys players. ' Thats a good point.
I also would like a way to see the end reset but if we did it from you current suggestion the economy would not be 'circulated better' which is what I feel should be the core aim from resetting it.

Hopefully you'd be able to respond to my points just because I'd be interested in what you say , I agree with the idea to reset the End though just not in the current suggestion form.

OP
OP
boopboopMC

boopboopMC

Epic Pika
I understand your points, and agree with them let's just strike the idea of the command to get into the end, and honestly, just get rid of the quest, since even with 12 eggs, the vast majority of players would never complete it before the next reset.

You raise a very good point about the rich only getting richer. The rich are those with /fly. I know removing /fly as a whole isn't a suggestion a lot of donators would get behind (although it is 100% the best end result)

I honestly thought about the /fly issue for a while, and I cannot think of any way around that without just disabling /fly. I thought of a way of making it a temporary thing you could purchase in game where you were only allowed to fly for 30 minutes, but I couldn't think of how they'd be able to disable fly once it's enabled. The permissions plugin they use natively allows for temporary permissions, but not disabling of commands as far as I'm aware.

I am just going to drop the suggestion of resetting the end until someone can come up with a way to make it fair for all users. However my suggestion to remove generation of strongholds stands. That needs to happen.

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
+1 I agree the sound is really annoying even donation fireworks are just as bad...

The main thing people want from the end is the elytra. Eventually, the end will need to be reset as most of the islands will be destroyed, maybe after 6 months, if this season lasts that long. The only way I can see of making it fair for everyone is to add another NPC similar to the black market but only for selling these rare items. Elytra could be sold for 50k which will stop players reselling them and gives everyone a chance to get one. Also, this NPC could sell the End Fragments needed for the dragon summoner. Whoever kills the dragon will receive the dragon head. The dragon egg should be kept unobtainable and the quest to place it removed. Another thing this NPC could sell is gravestone tokens. They said gravestones were added on the reset announcement thread but there is currently no way to get the tokens.

OP
OP
boopboopMC

boopboopMC

Epic Pika
+1 have an NPC for selling in the backmarket and one buy buying rare and exotic items. maybe a couple static items, then a couple that rotate day to day.

leaf26

Legendary Pika
tying elytra directly to money is arguably the worse option between those two.

Donators are at just as high an advantage, and the effective methods for getting money are:

1) donate for kits or items
2) exploit the system
3) spam public chat to sell stuff, since you have limited access to ah, chest shops, and advertising crystals.

just build more playable content for the server.

voodootje0

Staff Member
Owner
Hey boopboopMC,​
Thank you for your interest by creating a suggestion for PikaNetwork.​
I am glad to tell you that your suggestion is accepted and it is going to be implemented very soon!​
Have a good time on PikaNetwork!​

Best regards,
voodootje0

Status
Not open for further replies.