Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Do You Disrespect Archers?

opticyclic

Epic Pika
Why is someone who is good with a bow but not a sword a "noob" yet someone who is good with a sword but not a bow not one?
Use the weapon you are good at I say.

I recently played a quads game where a group of low level players successfully defended their bed and eventually beat some ranked players by using bows.

Whenever the low level players got into a melee fight they almost always lost - which explains why they used bows rather than swords.

The ranked players were really salty about losing fights to players who couldn't use a sword as well as them.
However, they didn't come up with any different strategy other than "Leeroy Jenkins!" to beat them.

You can get a good bow shot about once every 5 seconds so I find it ironic that the same people who complain about "bow spamming" are often the ones clicking their mouse at 12 cps.

For every 5 seconds we have 1 shot with a bow vs 60 with a sword.
Who is the true spammer!

I respect the players that can adapt and overcome. In this specific case it was the archers.

Also, historically in real life the English Longbow was a legendary weapon feared by their enemies!

qHadz

Pika Lover
IGN
BadBoyHalo_JR
Bow spamming requires less skill as you can just build like a skybase, camp your gen the whole game and there is nothing that the enemy can do.

D

Deleted member 118315

Bow spamming requires less skill as you can just build like a skybase, camp your gen the whole game and there is nothing that the enemy can do.
Camping is not allowed so just report them..

Am I right camping isn't allowed right ??

OP
OP
opticyclic

opticyclic

Epic Pika
Camping is not allowed so just report them..

Am I right camping isn't allowed right ??
The rules only say camping is not allowed in practice https://pika-network.net/rules/

In Bedwars, camping is pretty much the same as defending.
If you are constantly under attack then you are stuck in your base.

If you aren't good enough to win at PvP you need a different strategy to win.

EvilGod

That's an interesting way of comparing melle weapon with a bow.

Honestly I think archers or "bow spammers" are more of annoying according to the community then "noob".As they sometimes just stand like 10 blocks away from the player and spam their bow but as u said it's not that hard to counter so ig it's not that bad.Even tho bow requires relatively less time to master then other melle weapon pvp but I don't think PPL using it are necessary bad at the game. It's kind of like kb stick for some PPL it's a fair choice and for some it's just annoying.For me I would honestly always prefer to just buy 4 more gapples then a bow.

(Sorry for bumping on this "inactive" thread I am not that familiar with the forum culture lmao I just felt like giving my opinion on this topic)