Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Disable the usage of VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

egeakan

Pika Member
Username:
egeakan​

Suggestion:
Disable the usage of VPN​

Detailed description:
What I'm suggesting here is a really simple change that would prevent hackers who have a VPN to get on the server even if they are IP banned, and the only way they could join the server is to change houses(literally).
This would reduce the amount of hackers in the server, and thus making it more enjoyable to play. Like its such an easy fix for hackers. Don't get me wrong hackers will ALWAYS be a problem but atleast you can reduce the amount of hackers with disabling VPN.
Like who uses a VPN to join a server, it wouldn't benefit them because it would be laggy for them and also I don't think many people join servers these days with a VPN(except hackers)​

Reason(s):
I explained the reason above but I'm gonna say it again; Preventing hackers from joining the server after an IP ban and making the server clear of hackers.​

Dytel

Banned
Username:
egeakan

Suggestion:
Disable the usage of VPN

Detailed description:
What I'm suggesting here is a really simple change that would prevent hackers who have a VPN to get on the server even if they are IP banned, and the only way they could join the server is to change houses(literally).

This would reduce the amount of hackers in the server, and thus making it more enjoyable to play. Like its such an easy fix for hackers. Don't get me wrong hackers will ALWAYS be a problem but atleast you can reduce the amount of hackers with disabling VPN.

Like who uses a VPN to join a server, it wouldn't benefit them because it would be laggy for them and also I don't think many people join servers these days with a VPN(except hackers)

Reason(s):
I explained the reason above but I'm gonna say it again; Preventing hackers from joining the server after an IP ban and making the server clear of hackers.
VPNs just create a pathway for ppl to break rules on alts then go back to normal on their main accounts.. other than evading punishments or related matters it just has no use at all.. people sometimes say "oh use a vpn if the server is far from you, u will get less ping" but that is entirely false and the exact opposite. u get more ping since u have to go to the vpn proxy then to the server with an encrypted trail which takes even longer to process thus giving u more ping.. i dont know why the server doesnt have it.. especially with the massive increase in hackers lately.. yes they can just restart their router if they have dynamic ips but not everyone has it and plus it takes much much much more time than just turning off and on a vpn.. so less volume of hackers and they will eventually get tired of restarting

OP
OP
E

egeakan

Pika Member
VPNs just create a pathway for ppl to break rules on alts then go back to normal on their main accounts.. other than evading punishments or related matters it just has no use at all.. people sometimes say "oh use a vpn if the server is far from you, u will get less ping" but that is entirely false and the exact opposite. u get more ping since u have to go to the vpn proxy then to the server with an encrypted trail which takes even longer to process thus giving u more ping.. i dont know why the server doesnt have it.. especially with the massive increase in hackers lately.. yes they can just restart their router if they have dynamic ips but not everyone has it and plus it takes much much much more time than just turning off and on a vpn.. so less volume of hackers and they will eventually get tired of restarting
That's the thing. Many other servers have disabled access via VPN.
To be honest; disabling VPN won't completely block hackers, but it would make the amount more less.

OP
OP
E

egeakan

Pika Member
Like VPN is so useless in Minecraft who would use it for normal purposes

Dytel

Banned
That's the thing. Many other servers have disabled access via VPN.
To be honest; disabling VPN won't completely block hackers, but it would make the amount more less.
ik i owned a couple servers AND working on one with someoen rn.. antivpn is always useful.. the ONLY con it has is that some ppl can get blocked but thats easily fixed.. pika already does smth similar to the solution.. that discord channel for the antibot

TinCanL

Banned
Great Reporter
Username:
egeakan

Suggestion:
Disable the usage of VPN

Detailed description:

Like who uses a VPN to join a server, it wouldn't benefit them because it would be laggy for them and also I don't think many people join servers these days with a VPN(except hackers)

Reason(s):
I explained the reason above but I'm gonna say it again; Preventing hackers from joining the server after an IP ban and making the server clear of hackers.
Although I do agree with this in some aspect, I am not confident they will even look at this suggestion as I do not think it will be optimal for pika-management team to remove vpn usage as it will call for a decrease in players.

Dytel

Banned
Although I do agree with this in some aspect, I am not confident they will even look at this suggestion as I do not think it will be optimal for pika-management team to remove vpn usage as it will call for a decrease in players.
it reduces the amount of paranoid ppl which aint that many

cityember

Epic Pika
-1. I am in an international school in china, and the vpn is in my router. Many people likes playing pika after school, and this will stop them. Also, to my knowledge, almost all the international schools in china have a vpn. So, you will lose all the people using vpn in their routers, from students to security managers.

Plus, the hackers can just reset the router lol.

Last edited:

TinCanL

Banned
Great Reporter
-1. I am in an international school in china, and the vpn is in my router. Many people likes playing pika after school, and this will stop them. Also, to my knowledge, almost all the international schools in china have a vpn.

Plus, the hackers can just reset the router lol.
Yes this is another good argument, this suggestion will probably be denied right away or examined for a while

Dytel

Banned
It will also reduce the people who watchs youtube in china with vpn and following their instructions which is many ppls
thats a chinese problem with ur government.. since pika is a eu based server it doesnt make sense to increase the amount of hackers and how many times they can come back.. yes they can restart router but tkaes much more time and not all of them have dynamic ips so it will decrease the amount of hackers alot

cityember

Epic Pika
thats a chinese problem with ur government.. since pika is a eu based server it doesnt make sense to increase the amount of hackers and how many times they can come back.. yes they can restart router but tkaes much more time and not all of them have dynamic ips so it will decrease the amount of hackers alot
So according to you if a server is eu it does not make sense to accept that you should not ban what the other people in places that is not EU uses. Basically ur saying that Chinese people's (sometimes) need of vpn is useless and you should make them reconnect and disconnect vpn multiple times just to play on pika.
And ur saying people who needs vpn on their router should not play pika using their router.

Dytel

Banned
So according to you if a server is eu it does not make sense to accept that you should not ban what the other people in places that is not EU uses. Basically ur saying that Chinese people's (sometimes) need of vpn is useless and you should make them reconnect and disconnect vpn multiple times just to play on pika.
And ur saying people who needs vpn on their router should not play pika using their router.
well not really.. but people use VPNs at their own risk.. and according to arcticles and reports ive seen.. for locals it is illegal to use a vpn if you are not using it for corporate reasons(to avoid information leaks) there so idk what that guy is saying.. and china has way too many restrictions so i think chinese players should maybe follow their government legislations lmao.. and if they do use a vpn.. they can implement a system like the antibot filter discord channel.. but when u create a server.. u would give priority to the people living in the region u host the server since those are the most eligible to play on the server.. given all this information.. it should give priority to the players in the region by putting an antivpn to allow those players to enjoy the server with less hackers being able to just casually evade within 2 seconds.. think of other games where they had to make a new game with chinese servers to accompany all the restrictions and policies in china.. and i doubt pika wants to do that so ye think of that

cityember

Epic Pika
In china, yes, vpns are illegal, but no one follows the rule.
Plus, pika should maintain it's userbase in china while it can, and most minecraft players in china who plays EU servers are in international schools, which, as I stated, uses vpn.
Also, if a hacker actually bought a working vpn, then a dynamic ip would not be a big issue.

Dytel

Banned
Plus, pika should maintain it's userbase in china while it can, and most minecraft players in china who plays EU servers are in international schools, which, as I stated, uses vpn.
Also, if a hacker actually bought a working vpn, then a dynamic ip would not be a big issue.
if its a rule that its illegal.. pika shouldnt promote law breaking bruh.. why should they suit the needs of law breakers then

OP
OP
E

egeakan

Pika Member
Are we talking about player count dropping or the player base being almost clear of hackers here?

cityember

Epic Pika
if its a rule that its illegal.. pika shouldnt promote law breaking bruh.. why should they suit the needs of law breakers then
Dude, half of my school has a personal VPN, as long as U aren't doing anything bad nothing will go wrong

Peto_o

Great Reporter
The reduction of cheaters will not stop even if VPN allowance is no longer allowed. There are Static and Dynamic Wifi Routers, which makes this a percentage (%) chances, basically, anyone with a Dynamic Wifi can restart or off and on their Router and gain a new IP which is very easy and I bet lots of cheaters or those whose intention is to cheat have a Dynamic IP which can only be discoverable through a Screenshare (Redhanded with cheats on) or by their (user cache) and that case would be Ban Evading.

There are people who truly need to use VPN daily only to have a better ping connection in the server. There is a lot more to gain than to lose with this method, sure there are loads of hackers but there are loads of people who get banned daily and almost every time they are joining the server because of their connection, cheaters will get banned anyway in a way or another, if you so care about it you can bring them to justice with a report, but legit people who live far away from the host will have their issue and most of them would hardly know about VPN Requests and it would bring more issues.

Its a negative vote from me

Regards,
Pete

Dytel

Banned
The reduction of cheaters will not stop even if VPN allowance is no longer allowed. There are Static and Dynamic Wifi Routers, which makes this a percentage (%) chances, basically, anyone with a Dynamic Wifi can restart or off and on their Router and gain a new IP which is very easy and I bet lots of cheaters or those whose intention is to cheat have a Dynamic IP which can only be discoverable through a Screenshare (Redhanded with cheats on) or by their (user cache) and that case would be Ban Evading.

There are people who truly need to use VPN daily only to have a better ping connection in the server. There is a lot more to gain than to lose with this method, sure there are loads of hackers but there are loads of people who get banned daily and almost every time they are joining the server because of their connection, cheaters will get banned anyway in a way or another, if you so care about it you can bring them to justice with a report, but legit people who live far away from the host will have their issue and most of them would hardly know about VPN Requests and it would bring more issues.

Its a negative vote from me

Regards,
Pete
have u been reading my msgs? also they could find cheaters with screenshare but looking at what seems to be a Tips N Tricks notepad given to "ss verified" staff members they cant really do much in that scenario.. and ffs why do i have to tell 50 indians that vpn DOES NOT MAKE UR PING LOWER @Fqch help me out here.. they dont know what vpns do..

Status
Not open for further replies.