Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Discord Dedicated Discussion Voice and Text channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

vishyvishal

Pika Lover
Minecraft Username:
vishyvishal​

Suggestion:
Dedicated Discussion Voice and Text channels​

Detailed description:
Hello!
My suggestion is to add dedicated text channels(maybe voice) for Gamemodes. Like a channel where you can discuss about bedwars and strategies and another channel where you are discussing best Kits in Skywars and discussions. Or discussing about a forum post at Pikaforums without the slowmode or the message word limit thing.​

Reason(s):
1: Chats won't be messy
Sometimes like people talk about 2 different game modes. Here, you get a dedicated channel to focus on a particular game mode.
2: People sometimes do random stuff like going offtopic and changing the topic of chat from bedwars to anime. I don't like it because You don't like to get disturbed much when you are engaged in conversation.​

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
I'd say neutral.
Yes, we cant decline that adding these channel will make some part of the players be more dedicated in the gamemode and the community, but this will make the server have too much channel and look too messy. Moreover, some of the channel may be dead because not really that much players would like to share things.

_Stella_xD

Great Reporter
That's why there are different discord servers for the gamemodes. I don't see the point of filling the main discord with text and voice chat/call for each game.

OP
OP
vishyvishal

vishyvishal

Pika Lover
That's why there are different discord servers for the gamemodes. I don't see the point of filling the main discord with text and voice chat/call for each game.
The thing is that Yes there are discord servers BUT common people have no knowledge of the servers. Maybe like send a invite to these servers and make so like some of Pika admins can control the stuff?

Silver Wing

The Pika
+1 ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤ

Axteroid

Configurator
Developer

There will be more channels thus it will require more attention so its not filled with rule-breakers or by people who aren't satisfied by staff's attention. let's say we have it for every separate gamemode, staff members will need to watch 11 chats for rule breakers, trust me, watching one channel can be quite hard sometimes, and they will have to watch all of them, if they see a rule-breaker they will need proof for to punish and etc... basically its gonna be a total mess. Now lets say someone needs you for something in multiple channels at same time, this means you gotta talk to them separately on a completely different topics which can be quite hard.

I'm sure if they add the channels back most of the staff members will just resign...

Although VC's are a possibility and is a good idea.

Last edited:

NGaming

Great Reporter
I is agree with Asteroid
ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤ ㅤ

Arrly

Staff Member
Admin
Hello vishyvishal,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.​
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):​
  • Adding so many text channels would make it much harder to moderate the chats. The #public-chat is a perfect place to talk about anything and it is usually not too flooded. On top of that, if we added these channels, people would still go off-topic in them and the entire Discord would become way more chaotic than it should be.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.​
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.​
We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.​

Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.