Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Dark mode on Pika

Do you guys like current dark mode on Pika?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Outscale

Banned
Hello, I am just curious how many of you like the current dark mode on Pika, I personally think it sucks cause it's too colorful with all the subforums having different colors;
Purple - Server Administration & Rules
Red- Blog Posts
Orange- Games
Pink- Support & Suggestions
Blue- Applications & Reports
Green- Server Discussion
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
and also with default forum members being displayed in yellow, font is pretty bad too imo.

Rizzx

Great Reporter
Hello Outscale, I have taken the time to review you forums post and I personally agree with your statement.

_DominikPro_

Banned
Yes, I like dark mode, white theme just hurts my eyes and I don't really like it.

CherrySugar

The current Dark Mode is easy on the eyes for the most part, but the colors become far harder on the eyes as well. I'd personally prefer the colors being toned down as a whole, since the site seems designed for Light Mode alone.

OP
OP
O

Outscale

Banned
I made some changes that I think would look good, let me know your opinion;

1691987254544.png
1691987271952.png
1691987286183.png

OP
OP
O

Outscale

Banned
I think it's on the right track. I'd say tone down the red and orange too, though, since they're much brighter on Dark than on Light.
It would be the best if this was default forums, light mode is not needed imo

CherrySugar

Yeah, I'd imagine more people would use the forums if dark mode was on by default, considering how popular dark mode is pretty much everywhere. Are there any other changes you'd propose for it?

OP
OP
O

Outscale

Banned
Yeah, merging Classic Skyblock & OPSkyblock - "SkyBlock", Normal Factions & OPFactions - "Factions" , and LifeSteal & OPLifesteal - "Lifesteal" into one subforum. Maybe removing blog posts.. and removing this box and using it's color instead of this light gray on the box that stays
ass.PNG

CherrySugar

The variant categories could be combined and then just listed separately within one category. It'd make the forum list simpler and easier to navigate since everything pertaining to one game mode would be in one place. I like the idea a lot. As for Blog Posts, I can agree with the removal, or at least some sort of repurposing. It's pretty much never used and just takes up space.