Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

[crack] map (updated version) built for pika

do you like this map?

• yes i like it so much,(100/100)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • yes, but still can improve (60-99/100)

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • neutral, many place to improve (40-59/100)

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • bad, can't be a skywar map in Pika (1-39/100)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
Hello all pika player, i have made a skywar map for pika network, hope you guys could give some advice/ reply to the map,
Video introducing the map:
View: https://youtu.be/4d1GYwYuvFY

you may DM me in discord for suggesting improvement in the map!
discord details in my sign (king of noobies)

best wishes,
EA

OP
OP
EA0_2_0_8_

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
after getting all the reply and advice, i will suggest it in the suggestion list!

UpperGround

Great Reporter
the map is nice, change some of the sandstone to slabs/stairs more often and use normal granite instead of polished

laezyy

Epic Pika
i dont like the aesthetics. you should develop a sense of good block choice and theme. things like that just come with practice. try studying how things look in real life, then replicating it in-game. you could have added more detail to certain parts of the build that would not interfere with gameplay. the gameplay in this map is very good. close quarters combat and enough room to fight. keep it up.

OP
OP
EA0_2_0_8_

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
and the slab and stair looks great when fitting in a full block 😄

laezyy

Epic Pika
hum, should i change it back then?
may be it is just the texture pack looking? some texture pack which i am using looks great actually
try shaping the bottoms of the islands (using worldedit). you want something that looks natural. the shape you have right now resembles that of a modern city. make the base of the islands first, then building on top of it. since you seem to be going for a desert theme, i would highly recommend making something that looks like an ancient ruin/temple. stay away from making perfectly symmetrical pyramids too. you could also place a couple palm trees and shrubbery around to give it more color.

OP
OP
EA0_2_0_8_

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
try shaping the bottoms of the islands (using worldedit). you want something that looks natural. the shape you have right now resembles that of a modern city. make the base of the islands first, then building on top of it. since you seem to be going for a desert theme, i would highly recommend making something that looks like an ancient ruin/temple. stay away from making perfectly symmetrical pyramids too. you could also place a couple palm trees and shrubbery around to give it more color.
i have try different things, like sharping the bottom island, but it will look like a beard which does not look good. so this point i have already considered and veto.

making things like ancient ruin/ temple. this actually is a great idea if you meaning this to be built in mid, but later will found that the pvp space will be small especially you have to build a rooftop for the temple/ ruin and looks too crowd. so that wont be a great things for player.

Adding trees in the map is the greatest idea i think, i will try it out and give a video reply for u!

Thx for your advice anyway!

laezyy

Epic Pika
i have try different things, like sharping the bottom island, but it will look like a beard which does not look good. so this point i have already considered and veto.

making things like ancient ruin/ temple. this actually is a great idea if you meaning this to be built in mid, but later will found that the pvp space will be small especially you have to build a rooftop for the temple/ ruin and looks too crowd. so that wont be a great things for player.

Adding trees in the map is the greatest idea i think, i will try it out and give a video reply for u!

Thx for your advice anyway!
and thank you for taking my advice with such a positive mindset. you'll definitely make something amazing, i'm sure of it :)
remember the more you do something, the better you are at it!

OP
OP
EA0_2_0_8_

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
and thank you for taking my advice with such a positive mindset. you'll definitely make something amazing, i'm sure of it :)
remember the more you do something, the better you are at it!
thx a lot, map still in progress. i will post it as soon as posible!

OP
OP
EA0_2_0_8_

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
i will smooth it and make it as a suggestoon later