Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Survival Claimblocks discourage new players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario_MC

Username:
DarioHR

Suggestion:
Claimblocks discourage new players

Detailed description:
Hello!

This season, I decided to try to play as a Free2Play Player for fun but quickly realized that starting off is very difficult.

As you all know, claiming your property is the only thing you can do to protect it. For that, however, you need to get your hands on some claim blocks. The only effective way to get them as a free2play player is by upgrading your clan (as far as I know). So you will need at least $5000 to start off, which you won't be able to earn easily without being able to build anything! I would imagine that this often results in new players not being able to claim their property which therefore gets destroyed and finally they quit! Now that I explained the problem, we need to find a solution for it. Here are a few suggestions for solving this problem.

1) Include a claim-block voucher in the daily member kit

2) Raise the number of claim blocks that players get by playing

3) Make it so that new players who join have some claim blocks to start with instead of having none. Why start with 0 claim blocks?

Alright. Solving the claim-block problem is easy, however, we have one more problem. Obviously, the owners of the server have no interest in making it easier for f2p players because that's exactly how they get people to spend money here. So we need to make the solving of the claim-block problem beneficial for both sides. Do you have any suggestions on how to do that?

Thanks for reading my suggestion!

And have a nice day!

Reason(s):
Hi there!

I accidentally included this in the field above! Shouldn't be a problem, I think.

Last edited:

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Hey!

I totally agree that Claim Blocks need to be a bit easier to get for normal players, especially the players that are more active. The reason why you don't get many when you first start is that it could be abused easily by using more accounts so adding more when you first join is not an option. Everyone is given 100 Claim Blocks at the start and you can collect 100 more from /deliveries for linking your Discord account which I believe is enough to start with.

You can earn quite a lot of Claim Blocks from just playing but I believe this is capped at 5000 which is very low. This cap should be increased or removed entirely but if this happens, the rate at which they are earned should be lowered.

I think the main problem is the cap on playtime Claim Blocks. The rate they are earned is already good enough, as I have reached the cap already within a few days.

M

Master_Tamer_

Hey!

I totally agree that Claim Blocks need to be a bit easier to get for normal players, especially the players that are more active. The reason why you don't get many when you first start is that it could be abused easily by using more accounts so adding more when you first join is not an option. Everyone is given 100 Claim Blocks at the start and you can collect 100 more from /deliveries for linking your Discord account which I believe is enough to start with.

You can earn quite a lot of Claim Blocks from just playing but I believe this is capped at 5000 which is very low. This cap should be increased or removed entirely but if this happens, the rate at which they are earned should be lowered.

I think the main problem is the cap on playtime Claim Blocks. The rate they are earned is already good enough, as I have reached the cap already within a few days.
dear sir have /afk command or player can stay online in afk farm to increase claimblocks which not something that i want in my sandwiches i think 5k blocks are pretty good also you can get claim blocks from voting and when the vote party is full u can even get a key and maybe get more claim blocks . sure an increase in initial claim blocks will be fantastic

OP
OP
D

Dario_MC

Hey!

Oh... I didn't know that there was a limit! Anyways, I have been able to get 1000 claim blocks for 12h playtime (without afk-ing) and 1000 claim blocks are approximately a 32x32 area. You could build so much more in 12 hours but whatever... I guess you could just AFK then before you have enough money to upgrade your clan for 5000 claim blocks. Thanks for replying. Now that I read your reply, the whole thing doesn't seem bad at all but on the other hand actually, when I put myself in the shoes of a new clueless player who won't link his discord, vote, or afk, I think I would quit. (just a normal player. There are plenty of people like this. I also didn't link my discord or vote before I saw that it is necessary).

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
dear sir have /afk command or player can stay online in afk farm to increase claimblocks which not something that i want in my sandwiches i think 5k blocks are pretty good also you can get claim blocks from voting and when the vote party is full u can even get a key and maybe get more claim blocks . sure an increase in initial claim blocks will be fantastic
The plugin has a built-in AFK detection so you do not earn Claim Blocks when idling.
5000 Claim Blocks is only 20 chunks which is not a lot for an active player.
Keys do not guarantee Claim Blocks.
Increasing initial Claim Blocks will be abused by making multiple accounts.

D

Deleted member 132595

The plugin has a built-in AFK detection so you do not earn Claim Blocks when idling.
5000 Claim Blocks is only 20 chunks which is not a lot for an active player.
Keys do not guarantee Claim Blocks.
Increasing initial Claim Blocks will be abused by making multiple accounts.
I agree with tozztozzo it's not enough for an active player.

I see where you are coming from. However, there are many ways to obtain claimblocks

1) Creating a clan, and using money to reach levels

Reaching a certain level can reward you with leader claimblocks and clan warps.

2) Grinding cash to buy claimblocks from auction house.

Grinding cash is a great alternative to creating a clan and getting claimblocks from there.

Optional) Ranks give you one-time kits for you to claim.

For example, you buy, wizard rank. Along with the rank you also get a few keys and 20,000 claimblocks along with it. However if you are looking for a cheaper alternative, just keep grinding! Trust me :)

OP
OP
D

Dario_MC

I see where you are coming from. However, there are many ways to obtain claimblocks

1) Creating a clan, and using money to reach levels

Reaching a certain level can reward you with leader claimblocks and clan warps.

2) Grinding cash to buy claimblocks from auction house.

Grinding cash is a great alternative to creating a clan and getting claimblocks from there.

Optional) Ranks give you one-time kits for you to claim.

For example, you buy, wizard rank. Along with the rank you also get a few keys and 20,000 claimblocks along with it. However if you are looking for a cheaper alternative, just keep grinding! Trust me :)
You didn't get what I was saying. My point was that you start from 0$ and 0 claim blocks so the only way you can get claim blocks is by playing but playing without being able to build anything is boring. Sure, you could mine, explore and stuff but you don't even get 100 claim blocks per hour so you can't really even earn enough money to upgrade your clan or buy claim blocks

iFkiller

Veteran
Hello Dario_MC,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • At the moment there are multiple ways to gain claimblocks either by voting , playtime rewards or completeting quests.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.