Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Chat filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIMoKeyy

Great Reporter
Minecraft Username:
IIMoKeyy​

Suggestion:
Chat filter​

Detailed description:
Hello,

I know that this got suggested multiple times before, and ended up being denied. However, I would like to suggest it again and explain why. Chat filter should be, because it can help a lot with keeping Pika more controlled. If chat filter got added, less people will get punished. If the chat filter got added, it should give the player who broke a rule and got detected by the filter a chat warning saying he broke a rule, and he/she shouldn't say that specific word etc.

A lot of people who swore by mistake, weren't paying attention to the rules very well, or even new to the server, can learn from their mistakes just by getting a filter warning instead of actually getting punished.

Important Note: Chat filter suggestions most of the time gets denied for the reason of bypass. If the system is good enough to detect the word even with extra / less letters, this won't happen. And if someone somehow managed to bypass the filter, then he will get punished. And if someone bypassed the filter, its obviously considered rule breaking, even if the filter didn't exist, he would get punished anyways.​

Reason(s):
In my opinion the most obvious reasons is reports / punishments:

Staff members will have less player reports to deal with, which is I guess something good and they won't have to have a lot of reports daily

The reputation of the network:

When the chat is less disturbing to look at, or contains words that are against the rules, it will show that PikaNetwork isn't a toxic place over all.

Permanent mutes / bans:

People who got permanently muted or banned for swearing or promoting suicide can have a chance before they get banned. If they said something in chat for example " Kys " and the filter detected it, it would notify them and they would have a chance to not get punished and think about what they did.​

NGaming

Great Reporter
+1
Even though it was already suggested and denied, there is no reason for it to not exist.

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
Hello mokeyX,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone. However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • Already suggested
For your reference, here is the link to our suggestions guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestions Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.

Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.