Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Global Change chat moderation rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old_Prophet

The Pika
Minecraft Username
Old_Prophet

Suggestion:
Change chat moderation rules.

Detailed description:
I suggest the chat moderation rules to be changed, quite a bit actually.

"words" like Ɖ 1ck that are not really words, should become punishable.
fvck, fck and all other variations that obviously mean "fuck" should become punishable.
same goes for cvnt, cnt and other creative ways to use the word "cunt"
pusy pvssy, pussi, etc... all the same.
nibba niqqa n1gga.....

players that commit several of the same offences in a short time span, should be punished for all of them.
now they will be punished for the first, and if that is a warning, the next will not be punishable until the warning has expired. So if someone curses says times a day, they get off with a warning, if caught, and can do it, every day, until that warning is expired. On the other hand, if curses 'accidentally' once a week, they get muted by the second time they do it. That kinda is very unfair. The first player obviously is a lot more toxic. The second player gets punished much harder in comparison.

personal offences should always be punishable. calling someone something bad, like shithead, pedo, crybaby, jew, paki, chocolate, what so ever, should be punishable.

4. discussing ethnicity or religion in public should be disallowed.

5. some things are really not okay to say and should be punished harder than other things. Things that should really not be messed around with are abuse, rape, child molesting, racism. There are people that actually suffer from those things, and they should feel safe to play too. Reading about this, can trigger their trauma's and should really be avoided.​

Reason(s):
I suppose the rules are there to provide a clean, fair and safe playing environment for everybody. The current chat moderation system does not provide that.

People intentionally misspell words to get the message across. It does not matter however how a word is spelled. It is the intention with which it is communicated that does the damage. Everybody knows what is meant with d!ck cvnt, cnacer, etc, and therefor, the intention should be punishable. These are deliberate attempts to insult or hurt someone, or just be toxic in general. Pika applies the same logic to hacks. If there is a hacked client or illegal mod found on your computer found during screen share, you are punished, even if you do not use it. Pika punishes you for the probability of using it, so assumes you have the intention to use it. This even goes for auto clicker, although that can be a legitimate tool for other things. i.o.w. Pika goes so far as to decide what software you can have on your computer or not. That is quite a stretch. But will not go as far to punish people who deliberately try to hurt other people's feelings in a gaming environment ?

2. There is a great unbalance here in the way the punishment system works. Very toxic players are more or less free to do and say what ever they want during the time of their warning. Where 'legit' players will be muted after their second offence. I think that is unreasonable. I'm not pleading to be less hard on the legit players, but be much harder on the toxic players. That is better for everyone. Curse ten times a day ? Get cuaght ten times, man, that is bad luck, but you just should not have done it. It's not that they will change their behavior... just check your statistics.

3. We should all realize that we are playing a game and that getting personal is not a part of that. This is i.m.o. on of the biggest triggers for toxic behavior. as soon as someone starts getting personal, the trouble seriously starts. So personal insults of a serious level, should in my opinion be punished harder.

4. discussing ethnicity and religion leads to toxicity and insults in a flash. It should just not be allowed.

5. Children play games. But children also are vulnerable. Especially children that suffer from some kind of trauma, often isolate them selves and play games online. If in their online world, they are confronted with their trauma again, because other kids think it is cool or funny to use 'rape' as a term in pvp, or talk about molesting children in a minecraft server, then we should ask ourselves what we are doing. You can think this is not your responsibility, but in the end, it's your game server, and you do not get to select at the door who plays and does not. If you do, you might was well put a banner on the website "carefull, toxic server, not fit for children under 18". Which would mean, 90% of your playerbase .

So i ask you with emphasis, to considder the things i have written here, as a player, a father, and someone who knows their way in mental health care.​

Example(s):
just go over the screenshots people send you.... you have thousands.....

Disaalt

The Pika
+1

Also i cant go on OPFacs cuz im on vacation, sry

TrueMute

Veteran
Great Reporter
If I may be honest to you: they probably won't add this. I've been staff before and they removed it instantly, even after applying it.
(I'm talking about number 1)

Flat_Earth

Legendary Pika
Minecraft Username
Old_Prophet

Suggestion:
Change chat moderation rules.

Detailed description:
I suggest the chat moderation rules to be changed, quite a bit actually.

fvck, fck and all other variations that obviously mean "fuck" should become punishable.

nibba niqqa n1gga.....

players that commit several of the same offences in a short time span, should be punished for all of them.

now they will be punished for the first, and if that is a warning, the next will not be punishable until the warning has expired. So if someone curses says times a day, they get off with a warning, if caught, and can do it, every day, until that warning is expired. On the other hand, if curses 'accidentally' once a week, they get muted by the second time they do it. That kinda is very unfair. The first player obviously is a lot more toxic. The second player gets punished much harder in comparison.

personal offences should always be punishable. calling someone something bad, like shithead, pedo, crybaby, jew, paki, chocolate, what so ever, should be punishable.

4. discussing ethnicity or religion in public should be disallowed.

5. some things are really not okay to say and should be punished harder than other things. Things that should really not be messed around with are abuse, rape, child molesting, racism. There are people that actually suffer from those things, and they should feel safe to play too. Reading about this, can trigger their trauma's and should really be avoided.

Reason(s):
I suppose the rules are there to provide a clean, fair and safe playing environment for everybody. The current chat moderation system does not provide that.

People intentionally misspell words to get the message across. It does not matter however how a word is spelled. It is the intention with which it is communicated that does the damage. Everybody knows what is meant with d!ck cvnt, cnacer, etc, and therefor, the intention should be punishable. These are deliberate attempts to insult or hurt someone, or just be toxic in general. Pika applies the same logic to hacks. If there is a hacked client or illegal mod found on your computer found during screen share, you are punished, even if you do not use it. Pika punishes you for the probability of using it, so assumes you have the intention to use it. This even goes for auto clicker, although that can be a legitimate tool for other things. i.o.w. Pika goes so far as to decide what software you can have on your computer or not. That is quite a stretch. But will not go as far to punish people who deliberately try to hurt other people's feelings in a gaming environment ?

2. There is a great unbalance here in the way the punishment system works. Very toxic players are more or less free to do and say what ever they want during the time of their warning. Where 'legit' players will be muted after their second offence. I think that is unreasonable. I'm not pleading to be less hard on the legit players, but be much harder on the toxic players. That is better for everyone. Curse ten times a day ? Get cuaght ten times, man, that is bad luck, but you just should not have done it. It's not that they will change their behavior... just check your statistics.

3. We should all realize that we are playing a game and that getting personal is not a part of that. This is i.m.o. on of the biggest triggers for toxic behavior. as soon as someone starts getting personal, the trouble seriously starts. So personal insults of a serious level, should in my opinion be punished harder.

4. discussing ethnicity and religion leads to toxicity and insults in a flash. It should just not be allowed.

5. Children play games. But children also are vulnerable. Especially children that suffer from some kind of trauma, often isolate them selves and play games online. If in their online world, they are confronted with their trauma again, because other kids think it is cool or funny to use 'rape' as a term in pvp, or talk about molesting children in a minecraft server, then we should ask ourselves what we are doing. You can think this is not your responsibility, but in the end, it's your game server, and you do not get to select at the door who plays and does not. If you do, you might was well put a banner on the website "carefull, toxic server, not fit for children under 18". Which would mean, 90% of your playerbase .

So i ask you with emphasis, to considder the things i have written here, as a player, a father, and someone who knows their way in mental health care.

Example(s):
just go over the screenshots people send you.... you have thousands.....
im god dang agree +1

MercuryGFX

Veteran
nibba niqqa n1gga.....
We already have a punishment tree for these. Negative Behavior.

StoPizza

Veteran
We already have a punishment tree for these. Negative Behavior.
Negative behavior is really about the moderator who's punishing at the same moment, some will see this as a negative thing to do and some not.

I will say though, you got a nice suggestion here, love it.
This is a +1 from me but accept number 1.. I think that's too light to punish..

OP
OP
Old_Prophet

Old_Prophet

The Pika
@StoPizza Then you do not understand that saying "a form of 'dick'" is exactly the same is the word it self. It has exactly the same intention, and it has exactly the same result. In fact, the person saying the word ONLY uses a different form KNOWING this, but trying to avoid being punished for it. So they deliberately use it, knowingly they achieve the same result, but hoping they might escape the punishment. Which i.m.h.o. is even worse. If you follow the logic here people can just say "I will r@pe you untill you Blied" and not be punished for it.... everybody will understand that that is NOT what chat moderation is supposed to achieve.....

OP
OP
Old_Prophet

Old_Prophet

The Pika
@MercuryGFX still some staff denies reports with "no rule broken" .... so i would propose to get this item on the agenda for a staff-meeting sometime soon.
I can give you an example if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.