Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Practice Can we change the ranked queueing system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unawarely

The Pika
Minecraft Username:
Unawarely

Suggestion:
Can we make it easier to get elo?

Detailed description:
Queuing ranked in pika isn't great. Here are a couple much-needed changes.

Make it so when you queue, you search faster, or, when you are searching for x-x, rather then you searching up until 900 and then someone who is 900 joins, they have to search up to your elo, you instant queue them. The searching system is broken and makes it practically impossible to queue elo.

Reason(s):
It will make practice playable

Example(s):
More competition

Last edited:

Thijme01

Veteran
Great Reporter
you think I didn't read the rules as trial?
i mean why you don't do something with it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i mean bugg reports are for bugs and you said this is a bug and you still made this thread ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP
OP
Unawarely

Unawarely

The Pika
i mean why you don't do something with it
???

"i mean bugg reports are for bugs and you said this is a bug and you still made this thread ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" I made this thread over 2 months ago and it covers not only the queueing system, but elo on practice in general so it is mixed as a bug and a suggestion. I decided to put it into the suggestions

OP
OP
Unawarely

Unawarely

The Pika
It's figuratively impossible to queue elo once you get to a certain point. https://prnt.sc/10u2qej - Here's me queueing ranked, taking a shower and coming back to still not queuing someone despite searching any elo range. There is a double balance that needs to stop: You gain +3 elo from a win and -21 elo from a loss, meaning that you have to have an 8kdr in ranked to break even.

Here's the practice experience for me: I queue a cheater who's 1k elo, I lose and they never get banned of course, I get -21 elo. From the screenshot https://prnt.sc/10u2qej you can see how long and difficult it is to get people to queue me, because of how little patience the pika community has, almost no one will wait a minute in queue. After queueing this one cheater, it would take me about an hour to break even and get an extra 8 wins, after constantly spamming queue ranked nodebuff in chat.

It's bad enough that pika kb, pot reg, hit reg, pearls, anticheat, maps, lag is so bad, when the ranked system itself is unplayable on top of that, it's hugely demotivating for everyone.

A solution is to either balance the elo more, ie: +9 elo for a win and -21 for a loss, or fix the queueing system itself by either searching 50 elo every 4-5 seconds, or making it so that if one person is searching up to another's elo, they queue, rather than the painstakingly dull process of both players having to be in queue, often for a minute+.

For some ethos, I'm almost the same elo on jartex as on pika, and I am unranked which makes me have 10 ranked matches per day maximum, as opposed to the 120 I get on pika, as well as gray chat which makes less people see my messages when I say queue ranked. The reason it's so much easier to grind on jartex is the elo searches 50 elo every 4.5 seconds, which is a fix that I would imagine to take less than a couple of minutes.

Last edited:

JustToGoody

The Pika
+1 everytime i win its donest count my elo but when i lose its taking 2 elos from me and sometimes even 3

UpperGround

Great Reporter
this miraculously has 0 upvotes ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ

Silver Wing

The Pika
this miraculously has 0 upvotes ㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ
cuz many downvoted it ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ ㅤㅤ ㅤㅤㅤ
Screenshot_31.png

Pace

Legendary Pika
Hello Unawarely,

Thank you for creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have decided to deny your suggestion.

Thank you very much for helping us.

Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.