Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Survival Bring back the server's old /shop from last season but with a different functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobman2345

Pika Member
Minecraft Username:
Mobman2345

Suggestion:
Bring back the server's old /shop from last season but with a different functionality

Detailed description:
The shop from the previous season of survival was removed for reasons I do not know. I'm imagining that it was because of people duplicating the more valuable and sellable items and then selling them to the shop en mass. That and the owners wanted a player run economy. Well my suggestion is to bring back the server shop but only with the options to buy items from it, no selling items for cash in return, just being able to buy stuff and thats it. The shop would be in a physical form rather than a command. In the form of an NPC at spawn perhaps?

What would you be able to buy? Well I dont think players should be able to buy items like totems or elytras or potions. The new server shop would only have the most of basic building blocks in the game for sale, these basic blocks are: Stone, cobblestone, every kind of wood(excluding warped and crimson), clay, gravel, sand.

Reason(s):
Why should this be added? Because many players have busy lives, with school and/or work taking up their time. Not everyone has the time to spend hours gathering the most basic resources to then turn them into different/more complex blocks. Not only that, but I feel and I believe others also feel like most if not all playershops overprice these basic blocks. If Im working on a massive gate and wall which will surround a city but I have online classes to attend, a large portion of my time would be used on gathering stacks on stacks on stacks of stone. With the server shop, id be able to buy large quantities of stone and immediately turn it into stone bricks and get to work on actually building the wall. So id get some actual progress going within the short time I have before class/work.

Example(s):
I do not have any imagery to show as an example, but in short, imagine the server run /shop from last season with only the "blocks" section and only the ability to buy. Although since it is only that one section, the shop should be in some part of the spawn as an NPC, like right next to the quests manager for instance.

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
+1 to having a server shop with limited items. This is what I wanted last season but it was removed completely. There needs to be some blocks/mob drops and farming items that people can sell to make money. The blackmarket is just not enough and the items change every day which is silly, they should be there to sell permanently. The only thing that I would change to this server shop is that the stock of the items should be controlled by what players sell to it. At the start of the season, all stock will be 0 and players can sell things to increase the stock. Player shops will still be very useful as they can sell cheaper and buy higher and having the server shop have a set price on some items will give players a guide on how to price their own shops. The server shop is just a lot more convenient and players can make money quickly and easily without having to set up their own shops and wait for people to buy things.

Disaalt

The Pika
+1.
I think the owners did want a player run economy, or something related. Anyway, the current shop is bad

SezarBD

Legendary Pika
I really like how the shop system is working now.

Max

Staff Member
Owner
Suggestion - DENIED

Hello Mobman2345,

Thank you for your interest in PikaNetwork by creating a suggestion for the network.
Unfortunately, I will be denying your suggestion at this time, we are not going to add a server-side shop that will have items 24/7 for sale.

We, however, have added a shop similar to the black-market shop, that will bring new items to spawn every day, they will only be available for 24 hours and after that, you have to wait till they come back again. This fits more in how we would like the economy to be.

Have fun playing on PikaNetwork

Good night,
Max

Status
Not open for further replies.