Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied BedWars Better respawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrIG

Pika Member
Username:
IYEDHWIJI​

Suggestion:
Better respawn​

Detailed description:
So basically, when you die in bedwars you get to a transition leading to a "You died" text popping in ur screen but the thing is, the transition takes time depending on what pc you got which might cause some problems for some people who have low end pcs cause it'll take longer than it needs to respawn leading to a bed/game loss which is not good for any bedwars player.

Instead of using the Minecraft loading screen to create the respawn mechanic, the player turns invisible and his health goes back full again(just like he does when he get's final killed) and then respawns.

with that way people will face less lag and respawn in the correct time.

Reason(s):
All reasons were told above, but I'm going to say it here too, the main objective of implementing that is to reduce the unnecessary amount of time (regarding how long it'll take for the screen to change due to the current respawn mechanic) and smoothen up the gameplay

BlazeLavenson

Legendary Pika
*NEUTRAL*

What client do you use? I have a terrible laptop as well and I face this problem when using pure vanilla / forge / paper, however if you use a pvp client like badlion, lunar client, salwyrr, etc. then you shouldn't get this problem

ImYanis

Pika Member
+1 I personally do not play bedwars anymore, but when i used to, i had this issue occur to me multiple times, I have a garbage laptop, no wonder that happened to me, even when using clients (lunar, badlion, salwyrr and pixel client).
what I think is: in SOME specific settings, the client saves the chunks, and when u change between worlds the client uses that save state, so it doesn't load them again, which makes you lag-free, BUT in some other cases, where we use the one feature that only loads the side that is visible of a block/entity, saving the chunk is very ineffective, as the client is trying to only load the one side that is visible, (for example: what is the point of saving the entire block state if you're just gonna load one side) so the client rather just not save any chunks, and skips that step to not tire up the computer, so when we change worlds and change position, the visible sides are changed, so it will have to load them again (as it never saved them because saving them is a waste of time if you're just gonna load one side)
SO IN ANOTHER WORD: the feature that is supposed to save you from lag (the feature that loads only one side of a block/entity) is the one causing the lag, but turning that feature off just because of one bad mechanic is not reasonable, as that feature is necessary to not lag all of the time.
therefore they really should fix this problem

-BY THE WAY, that was just a theory, I am not 100% sure if that's the cause of the lag spike... that just popped into my head when I read the post, but they still gotta fix the problem, alright peace

Last edited:

mudda

Legendary Pika
+1 I personally do not play bedwars anymore, but when i used to, i had this issue occur to me multiple times, I have a garbage laptop, no wonder that happened to me, even when using clients (lunar, badlion, salwyrr and pixel client).
what I think is: in SOME specific settings, the client saves the chunks, and when u change between worlds the client uses that save state, so it doesn't load them again, which makes you lag-free, BUT in some other cases, where we use the one feature that only loads the side that is visible of a block/entity, saving the chunk is very ineffective, as the client is trying to only load the one side that is visible, (for example: what is the point of saving the entire block state if you're just gonna load one side) so the client rather just not save any chunks, and skips that step to not tire up the computer, so when we change worlds and change position, the visible sides are changed, so it will have to load them again (as it never saved them because saving them is a waste of time if you're just gonna load one side)
SO IN ANOTHER WORD: the feature that is supposed to save you from lag (the feature that loads only one side of a block/entity) is the one causing the lag, but turning that feature off just because of one bad mechanic is not reasonable, as that feature is necessary to not lag all of the time.
therefore they really should fix this problem

-BY THE WAY, that was just a theory, I am not 100% sure if that's the cause of the lag spike... that just popped into my head when I read the post, but they still gotta fix the problem, alright peace
bro it ain't that deep 💀

Legacity

Pika Lover
This might be harder to do in the plugins, but if you mean the suggestion like hypixel, where you get teleported above the map for the 5 seconds when you die, I agree.
+1

Kratoz_GG

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Hello MrIG,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • The death screen is uniform throughout the gamemodes and it will not receive modifications as it is balanced.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.