Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Anti-Lag measures

JakeCuhz

Does anyone else find the anti-lag measures put into survival to be too intrusive to the gameplay? It changes so much of what's possible in the game, limiting what can be farmed/built, I'm aware in most cases there are workarounds, but I'm finding that it's taking a lot away from the experience of playing in general. Most of these measures haven't existed in the past and the experience in-game was far superior.

Disaalt

The Pika
Does anyone else find the anti-lag measures put into survival to be too intrusive to the gameplay? It changes so much of what's possible in the game, limiting what can be farmed/built, I'm aware in most cases there are workarounds, but I'm finding that it's taking a lot away from the experience of playing in general. Most of these measures haven't existed in the past and the experience in-game was far superior.
If the current anti-lag measures wasn't here, the server already should be crashed. People were spamming arrows on chickens in spawn, abusing lag machines and so on

UpperGround

Great Reporter
If the current anti-lag measures wasn't here, the server already should be crashed. People were spamming arrows on chickens in spawn, abusing lag machines and so on
yeah ur right dud

Skenk

Pika Member
I agree with Jake on this one, I understand the need for anti-lag measures and with the recent updates Minecraft has gotten its now easier than ever to build lag machines and flying machines.

However,

As it stands the current Anti-lag measures are overly heavy, Slimes don't split up when they get damaged why? are a group of slimes really that much for the server to handle? The current measures in place on Redstone whilst again and understandable measures given the size of the player base are entirely too intrusive as 1.16 has REMOVED zero tick farming and the zero tick bug in general and has worked towards streamlining and optimizing Redstone.

At the end of the day its not our choice, we cant force the change but we can request it, Just a few questions and answers to keep in mind:

1. Are the anti-lag measures needed?: Answer is yes
  2. Are they currently too over the top?: Answer I feel is yes
I personally feel that if they really want people to stick around to play and not just stick around for the shop they need to look into the anti-lag measures and see what can be eased off and what can be changed because I think most of it is overkill.

Hell with the player base survival consistently has I'd almost argue that we just upgrade the server survival is hosted on (this is never going to happen) its not like the owners don't get enough money to actually upgrade the server (pika just isn't a prio compared to the owners other server, complaining about lag and stuff is pointless)

Disaalt

The Pika
I agree with Jake on this one, I understand the need for anti-lag measures and with the recent updates Minecraft has gotten its now easier than ever to build lag machines and flying machines.

However,

As it stands the current Anti-lag measures are overly heavy, Slimes don't split up when they get damaged why? are a group of slimes really that much for the server to handle? The current measures in place on Redstone whilst again and understandable measures given the size of the player base are entirely too intrusive as 1.16 has REMOVED zero tick farming and the zero tick bug in general and has worked towards streamlining and optimizing Redstone.

At the end of the day its not our choice, we cant force the change but we can request it, Just a few questions and answers to keep in mind:

1. Are the anti-lag measures needed?: Answer is yes
  2. Are they currently too over the top?: Answer I feel is yes
I personally feel that if they really want people to stick around to play and not just stick around for the shop they need to look into the anti-lag measures and see what can be eased off and what can be changed because I think most of it is overkill.

Hell with the player base survival consistently has I'd almost argue that we just upgrade the server survival is hosted on (this is never going to happen) its not like the owners don't get enough money to actually upgrade the server (pika just isn't a prio compared to the owners other server, complaining about lag and stuff is pointless)
Just a quick mention. It supports 1.8 - 1.16.

Skenk

Pika Member
I understand that but after the recent update survival was moved to 1.16, you can experiment with this by joining survival on an older version and taking a look at the striders in the lave or literally any new block, the game will find an alternative for you (Targets become hay bales, Crying obby becoomes normal obby).

The supported version is just the client version you can use to join, like I said it just fills in the new blocks with old ones.

Disaalt

The Pika
I understand that but after the recent update survival was moved to 1.16, you can experiment with this by joining survival on an older version and taking a look at the striders in the lave or literally any new block, the game will find an alternative for you (Targets become hay bales, Crying obby becoomes normal obby).

The supported version is just the client version you can use to join, like I said it just fills in the new blocks with old ones.
No, what I mean is there will be lots of bugs unpatched on 1.7 & 1.8

OP
OP
J

JakeCuhz

I don't think you understand, the server its self is 1.16, if you connect using an older client you're still playing a 1.16 server, it just replaces new items/mobs with older ones to allow you to play using those clients, try loading an older version and you'll see that striders are pigs. That being said, no matter what client you use 1.16 changes will take effect.

Disaalt

The Pika
I don't think you understand, the server its self is 1.16, if you connect using an older client you're still playing a 1.16 server, it just replaces new items/mobs with older ones to allow you to play using those clients, try loading an older version and you'll see that striders are pigs. That being said, no matter what client you use 1.16 changes will take effect.
Nono, I do understand that the servers are based on 1.16.1. Im just saying that 1.16.1 protocollib has a ton of bugs, and the server isn't using Paper (high optimisation server software) and that if ClearLag wasn't in place the server would still crash.

KittenznOm

Legendary Pika
Slimes splitting isn't an anti lag measure. It's caused by some plugin and last I knew, the developer wasn't entirely sure why it was happening, which is why that hasn't been fixed. Not that I care. The lack of easy slime balls meant I made bank early on with a nice slime farm. The redstone stuff is a little more intrusive but I understand it. Basically it just exists to cut any signal that persists, which can be used for lag machines. The only anti lag measure I find too extreme is the mob cap one. At present, having just 10 of a mob within 8 chunks, whether that be sheep or villagers, freezes every single one and kills most mob farms. It's a tad much