Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied OP Factions A language filter that replaces the "swear" word with asterix symbols.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minecraft Username
EraseYourSocial

Suggestion:
A language filter that replaces the "swear" word with asterix symbols.

Detailed description:
On OP Factions, if you curse, on accident, the word would simply be replaced by ****. So if someone were to type "shit" in a message. Then it would be replaced with "****" when the player clicks enter. And everyone would see "****" instead of the swear word. This way, players don't have to suffer being muted.​

Reason(s):
The reason for this is because a lot of older people play the game of OP Factions, as it is competitive and most certainly fun to play. And cursing is something that everyone if not all of the adults do. It may just be a slight slip-up but it can cost you having to be quiet and not talk for a very long period of time. Instead of that, this language filter is the best solution I've seen. On BlockDrop, the server, this filter is implemented, and I can tell you firsthand that it works amazing, and no-one suffers the consequence of being muted.​

Example(s):
The swear word "shit" would be replaced with "****", or "fuck" with "****". Nice and easy.

zMqrcc

Staff Member
Admin
[BGCOLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]+1[/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Could make the server chat clean and without any swear words.[/BGCOLOR]

xFeLip3iK09_

Epic Pika
Minecraft Username
EraseYourSocial

Suggestion:
A language filter that replaces the "swear" word with asterix symbols.

Detailed description:
On OP Factions, if you curse, on accident, the word would simply be replaced by ****. So if someone were to type "shit" in a message. Then it would be replaced with "****" when the player clicks enter. And everyone would see "****" instead of the swear word. This way, players don't have to suffer being muted.

Reason(s):
The reason for this is because a lot of older people play the game of OP Factions, as it is competitive and most certainly fun to play. And cursing is something that everyone if not all of the adults do. It may just be a slight slip-up but it can cost you having to be quiet and not talk for a very long period of time. Instead of that, this language filter is the best solution I've seen. On BlockDrop, the server, this filter is implemented, and I can tell you firsthand that it works amazing, and no-one suffers the consequence of being muted.

Example(s):
The swear word "shit" would be replaced with "****", or "fuck" with "****". Nice and easy.
I think it should be for all mini-games No exceptions

P

PyroInDaBus

+1 but we got to do something for the Spanish dudes too. The half server is Spanish people in bedwars and skywars.

voodootje0

Staff Member
Owner
Hey EraseYourSocial,​
Thank you for your interest by creating a suggestion for PikaNetwork.​
Unfortunately, we do not think this suggestion will fit into PikaNetwork. So we will be denying your suggestion​
Swear word filters and computers don't match.​
Have a good time on PikaNetwork!​

Best regards,
voodootje0

Status
Not open for further replies.