Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

A better anti-cheat.

ZekromXD

Legendary Pika
I took a break from Pika-Network on january 2022 & made a return to the community pretty much a week ago or somewhat. It's been 8 months, & a lot of things have changed since then. Old times were surely way too different from what impression you get now from the server. In this post, I'll break down pika-network according to my experience & what impression the server gave me after making a comeback.

Firstly, for the guys who don't know much about me, I'm a Skywars main & used to grind the game-mode whole day as I had time. I made my way to the lifetime wins leaderboard as well, not there anymore as times have changed.

There're a lot of things I discovered which've changed while I was absent. I'll list the main ones, Guilds got added to minigames. I really like the idea behind it & it might be the update which is most welcome in this community love how we now have a in-game chat were you can talk to guild members while playing.

Nextly, The anti-cheat got removed from skywars. No, I'm not talking about the server's console. By anti-cheat, I mean the vampire ability. It's so disappointing to see how it's not a thing anymore, It makes the game much more fair for new users who've just started out the game as they won't have to come across a player who heals back to full hp after hitting someone each time. But, it's so sad how we could actually rail cheaters with the help of vampire & they weren't even a threat or anything close to be taken seriously. Early Maxed Vampire > Any Cheats!
I get that the nerf makes the game super fair for everyone starting out new as well tho

Now the most import part of this post, If we're talking about skywars, we certainly can't ignore the amount of cheaters present in it. The game-mode is completely a goner, there're a lot of complains regarding it already, the staff members & developers are putting efforts to fix the anticheat and all and all much more. But, it's so factual that there're 10 fold or 20 fold more cheaters than what it used to be 8 months ago-

At an average, there're more than two cheaters each game I queue. I can't assure to play 3 games a row with all legit players, it feels so depressing even when I'm just playing with the ideology to chill & not aim for wins etc.
For a user like me who's pretty familiar & known amongst the community, it's not much of a problem. But, imagine a new player who've just logged onto the server first time & wants to chill & play skywars here at pika. He won't surely make the server his home after getting killed by a million cheaters each game he queue.
A person who've joined the server to enjoy skywars will certainly not get a great impression at this point.

Here's an idea I came up with, a better anti-cheat!
It's not the console, it's about community support & manual moderation!
I'd actually really love if everyone who's reading this community post could help us develop a better anti-cheat for the server. You may ask how? It's super simple, just DO NOT ignore any cheaters you come across in skywars.

All you've to do is, record & report every single hacker or at least the blatant cheaters. Get them Ip banned & help cleaning the dust. I mean, everyone do know that. But, I ACTUALLY want you to download a screen recorder if you don't have one already & start reporting NOW.

It'd be even better if the staff team could actually grind/main skywars solos for a week straight instead of playing at random gamemodes & ban every cheater they get to face while their play time. There're a lot of game-modes I agree but skywars is UNARGUABLY the MOST INFECTED.

There will never be a stage of perfection, it's not a thing. There will surely be cheaters afterwards as well. But, we can at least give this project a try & get as many cheaters out as possible. I get that they can ofc bypass an IP ban as well but this will surely end up making skywars slightly better than what it is for now.
The idea rather sounds fancy but with the help of the community & manual moderation, we can surely make skywars a better place for new users who're just starting out.

Looking forward to have your support on this little project!

JustSuperiorr

Great Reporter
I took a break from Pika-Network on january 2022 & made a return to the community pretty much a week ago or somewhat. It's been 8 months, & a lot of things have changed since then. Old times were surely way too different from what impression you get now from the server. In this post, I'll break down pika-network according to my experience & what impression the server gave me after making a comeback.

Firstly, for the guys who don't know much about me, I'm a Skywars main & used to grind the game-mode whole day as I had time. I made my way to the lifetime wins leaderboard as well, not there anymore as times have changed.

There're a lot of things I discovered which've changed while I was absent. I'll list the main ones, Guilds got added to minigames. I really like the idea behind it & it might be the update which is most welcome in this community love how we now have a in-game chat were you can talk to guild members while playing.

Nextly, The anti-cheat got removed from skywars. No, I'm not talking about the server's console. By anti-cheat, I mean the vampire ability. It's so disappointing to see how it's not a thing anymore, It makes the game much more fair for new users who've just started out the game as they won't have to come across a player who heals back to full hp after hitting someone each time. But, it's so sad how we could actually rail cheaters with the help of vampire & they weren't even a threat or anything close to be taken seriously. Early Maxed Vampire > Any Cheats!
I get that the nerf makes the game super fair for everyone starting out new as well tho

Now the most import part of this post, If we're talking about skywars, we certainly can't ignore the amount of cheaters present in it. The game-mode is completely a goner, there're a lot of complains regarding it already, the staff members & developers are putting efforts to fix the anticheat and all and all much more. But, it's so factual that there're 10 fold or 20 fold more cheaters than what it used to be 8 months ago-

At an average, there're more than two cheaters each game I queue. I can't assure to play 3 games a row with all legit players, it feels so depressing even when I'm just playing with the ideology to chill & not aim for wins etc.
For a user like me who's pretty familiar & known amongst the community, it's not much of a problem. But, imagine a new player who've just logged onto the server first time & wants to chill & play skywars here at pika. He won't surely make the server his home after getting killed by a million cheaters each game he queue.
A person who've joined the server to enjoy skywars will certainly not get a great impression at this point.

I'd actually really love if everyone who's reading this community post could help us develop a better anti-cheat for the server. You may ask how? It's super simple, just DO NOT ignore any cheaters you come across in skywars.

All you've to do is, record & report every single hacker or at least the blatant cheaters. Get them Ip banned & help cleaning the dust. I mean, everyone do know that. But, I ACTUALLY want you to download a screen recorder if you don't have one already & start reporting NOW.

It'd be even better if the staff team could actually grind/main skywars solos for a week straight instead of playing at random gamemodes & ban every cheater they get to face while their play time. There're a lot of game-modes I agree but skywars is UNARGUABLY the MOST INFECTED.

There will never be a stage of perfection, it's not a thing. There will surely be cheaters afterwards as well. But, we can at least give this project a try & get as many cheaters out as possible. I get that they can ofc bypass an IP ban as well but this will surely end up making skywars slightly better than what it is for now.
The idea rather sounds fancy but with the help of the community & manual moderation, we can surely make skywars a better place for new users who're just starting out.

Hello,

I agree with almost everything you say,
But manual moderation might not be as easy as it sounds, Staff members aren’t available 24/7 and if you’re suggesting one staff member per hour, It might not be entirely possible due to time zones and schedules,
I don’t think entirely reporting as a player would help, Since most users prefer to enjoy the game rather then taking the Time to report rule breakers, Not all players have the hardware to record.
And also these hacks (including hack clients) are being developed (with no grass) at insane rates and pikanetwork can’t compete, I do agree vamp was too Op since I too was a new player and it was frustrating to deal with vamp + titan kit users, But now it’s fine.

It’s great to have you back in the community.

Boost

Great Reporter

I agree with your suggestion but this is again another reason a server as big as pika can't really have a good anticheat

These days minecraft servers lack staff members and staff members won't be online 24/7 making sure a guy isnt cheating.

I'd also like to add that more legit players would suddenly get kicked even more and would be mad to get their items back and as u know they don't give items back due to people being able to lie