Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

1.20 Classic Factions big no no.

OhRevoo

Epic Pika
From a perspective of someone who played Classic Factions regularly even when it was dead i think this reset will flop even worse than the last one.

1.20 version with 1.8 combat is just weird ( Yes it maybe is "Something new and refreshing" but still i'm not a big fan of it)

no Gkits so all this time people who grinded for Gkits or had them won't be able to use them.

half of people i know don't have a pc good enough to play 1.20 (performance wise) with no problems (this will be a big problem especially in factions since there is alot of water and tnt etc etc.)

i just personally think it will flop. i would be happy if it doesn't but this were some ridiculous choices.

(I'm not trying to say anything bad, i'm just expressing my honest opinion.)

prober90

Staff Member
Helper
I also agree with factions being 1.8 but talking here won't do anything so suggest here

OP
OP
OhRevoo

OhRevoo

Epic Pika
I also agree with factions being 1.8 but talking here won't do anything so suggest here
Thing is even if they decide to change it it will happend on the next reset if there even is one since i feel like gamemode will die even more now

Karnivals

Pika Member
It probably will die even more. During the season people will play but obviously if the last factions died after payouts no doubt this one wont

arham19

Staff Member
Trial
Nothing is going to happen by doing these forums or suggestions

prober90

Staff Member
Helper
Thing is even if they decide to change it it will happend on the next reset if there even is one since i feel like gamemode will die even more now
Won't be getting changed and PPL will play for payouts but 1.20 facs idk about that

B00red

Pika Lover
The factions are just gonna die out with this final reset.
My honest opinion is that they just want to test out the 1.20 version to see if the response of server as well as players is going to be positive or negative.
I don't know how the server will handle it but as a experienced factions player I can say that 1.12+ versions are just not good for factions, and in my opinion, not good for any online minigames exept survival...

RyanDoesPvP

Legendary Pika
From a perspective of someone who played Classic Factions regularly even when it was dead i think this reset will flop even worse than the last one.

1.20 version with 1.8 combat is just weird ( Yes it maybe is "Something new and refreshing" but still i'm not a big fan of it)

no Gkits so all this time people who grinded for Gkits or had them won't be able to use them.

half of people i know don't have a pc good enough to play 1.20 (performance wise) with no problems (this will be a big problem especially in factions since there is alot of water and tnt etc etc.)

i just personally think it will flop. i would be happy if it doesn't but this were some ridiculous choices.

(I'm not trying to say anything bad, i'm just expressing my honest opinion.)
Back in the day Pika Factions had no gkits pal, and besides i don't see where the players who bought gkits are losing since they are getting Gold currency in return
Sure, 1.20 will be weird, but i think its good that inovations are coming, previous Reg Factions resets weren't taken in because the Minigames community voted for it
Performance wise, if you can't run 1.20 i am sorry to say but, you need a new PC...
Will it flop? We'll see since it is a NEW thing and we all have to experience it for ourselves

OP
OP
OhRevoo

OhRevoo

Epic Pika
Back in the day Pika Factions had no gkits pal, and besides i don't see where the players who bought gkits are losing since they are getting Gold currency in return
Sure, 1.20 will be weird, but i think its good that inovations are coming, previous Reg Factions resets weren't taken in because the Minigames community voted for it
Performance wise, if you can't run 1.20 i am sorry to say but, you need a new PC...
Will it flop? We'll see since it is a NEW thing and we all have to experience it for ourselves
If they removed gkits from classic facs and made it 1.20 why not do same for OpFacs? i mean yeah it has more players but have you ever wondered why? maybe because its getting updated frequently and not just after 4 years out of a blue with a big change like this. i aint trying to say anything bad its just honestly how i see things.

OP
OP
OhRevoo

OhRevoo

Epic Pika
Man it just won't digest , like most of the server is in 1.8 and changing to 1.20 won't be good. Even I feel playing on PC playing on 1.20 as a faction
I mean Classic factions should be a "classic" so imo 1.8 is a way to go

insanatus

Sure the gkits change isn't that bad, but the gkit gold exchange is probably gonna be cheese, 500 gold for the most expensive gkit.(because factions had no goldshop).
You saying 1.20 will be a great inovation is so dumb.For one thing they are keeping 1.8 combat and cannons and using a custom resource pack. So what do we exactly get from this "great inovation" some real beautiful blocks.Because thats all factions are for - build battles! Also why do you think they made them vote factions or minigames? Because obviously minigames would win because its the largest community on pika and factions being the equavelent to classic skyblock.
The only thing i can partially agree with you is "if you cant run 1.20 you need a new pc" but then again it being classic/1.8 factions , it shouldnt be a 1.20.1 type gamemode.
But then again i obviously understand that gunfire is simply making every gamemode a cashgrab , and they simply reset it for people to buy the newest loot crate to get the rank that is only obtainable by keys (approx 5e a key).

RyanDoesPvP

Legendary Pika
Sure the gkits change isn't that bad, but the gkit gold exchange is probably gonna be cheese, 500 gold for the most expensive gkit.(because factions had no goldshop).
You saying 1.20 will be a great inovation is so dumb.For one thing they are keeping 1.8 combat and cannons and using a custom resource pack. So what do we exactly get from this "great inovation" some real beautiful blocks.Because thats all factions are for - build battles! Also why do you think they made them vote factions or minigames? Because obviously minigames would win because its the largest community on pika and factions being the equavelent to classic skyblock.
The only thing i can partially agree with you is "if you cant run 1.20 you need a new pc" but then again it being classic/1.8 factions , it shouldnt be a 1.20.1 type gamemode.
But then again i obviously understand that gunfire is simply making every gamemode a cashgrab , and they simply reset it for people to buy the newest loot crate to get the rank that is only obtainable by keys (approx 5e a key).
Gkits - If they really gave 500 Gold in the gkit exchange thing, i don't think its fair, but then again most of the players did not buy them with real money.

Innovations - again, its MY opinion, i think the community should gradually move on, so keeping the 1.8 aspects for a couple of seasons should be the go to,

I don't think you understood what i said under my votes line. Basically they would ASK the broad community (minigames dominant) on discord whether they should

a) reset OPFactions
b) reset Classic Factions

Ofcourse the community that doesn't play chose the latter because, making the factions community boycott and ultimately render their reset a flop ( i understand that you might be a ~2021-2023 player so you missed out on the drama)
"Factions are for build-battles", i am pretty sure Factions is more than that i cba to waste words on your miniscule brain
And versions wise, i repet again, we are walking into 2024 , if you can't run the latest version of the game it is solely your problem, certain 1.8 mechanics were kept cause (in my opinion, and i guess the guy who orchestrates the updates opinion), is that because they are better/alot of the players are used to them, migrating to the new mechanics could sure be done gradually overtime (1.8-1.20 is a great jump)

Cashgrabs - its Pika, i am not surprised and i don't care, if you got the money spend it, if you don't have the money you don't cry about it being expensive