Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

BedWars [YT] Custom kill messages

ulvd

Epic Pika
IGN
ulvd
Minecraft username:
ulvd​

Suggestion:
[YT] Custom kill messages​

Detailed description:
Give YouTubers and staff a cool new kill message option, Custom Kill Messages! This would obviously be heavily moderated and so on. Before you comment, hear me out.

This feature would allow players who meet the criteria specified by the server to craft their own personalized kill messages that appear in chat whenever they eliminate another player.

• Upon opening the kill message GUI, you will need to click the Custom one, displayed as a Sign.
  • Once clicked, a sign editor interface will appear where they can type their custom message. (Shown below)
  • The message can be personalized, with a character limit to ensure it fits within the chat without cluttering.

The user would need to put {username} as to where the username of the person they killed would be placed.

For those who quote moderation issues, listen here:

We could implement any of these:

• Require all custom kill messages to be submitted for review before they go live.
  • Use automated filters to flag inappropriate language or sensitive content, ensuring that any message containing flagged words is automatically sent for manual review.
  • Allow players to report these people on the forums for inappropriate messages.
  • Set a limit on how often a user can change their custom kill message (e.g., once per day or week) to prevent spamming or rapidly switching to evade detection.

Plus, we have other features on the server that allow customization and could also be misused, so in comparison this is not so bad and is on the same level if not below on the safety-scale.

Reason(s):
  • Allows YouTubers and staff to express their individuality and creativity during gameplay.
  • Creates a more interactive and memorable experience for players and viewers.
  • Rewards YouTubers and staff for their contributions to the community with a unique in-game feature.
  • Encourages fun interactions and conversations within the server as players see and react to custom messages.
  • Adds a unique feature that sets the server apart from others, attracting more players and content creators.
  • Custom kill messages can help YouTubers subtly promote their brand or channel, adding value to their gameplay.
  • Custom messages can help create iconic or funny moments that players remember and talk about.
  • Motivates players to think creatively and come up with interesting or humorous messages.

Example(s):
  • Player1 decided they didn't want to subscribe to Player2!"
  • "Player1 got hit by Player2's ban hammer!"
  • "Player1 didnt like, but Player2 made them like and subscribe!"
  • "Player1 thought they could dislike... Player2 kindly disagreed!"

Meth0vas

Pika Lover
+1
I like that idea but it could be annoying if you type something wrong... ok well dont type anything wrong!
Cool Examples 🤝

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
Nope disagreed. Staff have better jobs to do then review these over the top kill messages. It's not worth the hastle.

Ended

Legendary Pika
IGN
notknown876
Okay for a minute we assume that this a good idea BUT why the staff will get this special custom messages giving this to only youtuber might make a little sense but why the staffs. Now lets don't assume things and let me ask you a simple question why youtuber's have this special privilege, I mean the players who buys ranks or donate to the server plays more important role in keeping the server alive. I am not saying that youtuber's don't but this doesn't seems right to give the youtuber's and staff this special custom kill message.

Surbate

Staff Member
IGN
Surbate
This is a mix between youtuber and staff kill messages, and I don't see a point in this. Most kill messages at the moment are completely fine, and I think there's a good variety to choose from. Adding more unnecessary ones just requires more developer work, which prevents them working on actual useful stuff

Cradlless

Great Reporter
Here is my idea based on this:

- It would be unfair/biased to normal players
- We already have a lot of kill messages, we don't need more