Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

X-mas Story Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wither

Veteran
Hello pikacrafters,

It is clear that many of you have attended an in-game event but what about taking part in a forums event? This is your chance to prove your writting skills through a fantasy-related story competition. So, you will need to think of and post in the comments section your own Xmas story. Use your imagination to create an interesting plot. Not everything has to be real, you may include fantastic facts as well but it would be important not to overdo it. The story must be tempting to readers and not too childish. Hence, after all this explanation it's time to set the basic rules of the competition:

- Start your story with the phrase: 'Once upon a time, quite a few years ago in the most snowy place of the world lived...'

- Do not post nonsense stuff but make sure your story has cohesion and good-quality jokes.

- You may reply to a story stating your opinion and rate it but if you go too offtopic your messages will be deleted.

- The word limit of the story should be at least 150 words.

- The competition will stay open for the next 10 days (http://itsalmo.st/#eventdeadline_vptit)

The judges will be set by me, they will remain secret and they will decide with me the winner of the event. The prize for the number one participant that has posted the most impressing is the rare Entertainer medal that is part of our brand new awarding system released on the forums. However if more people write cool stories and the competiton gets too challenging there will be more medal assignements such as Imaginative or Wise medal depending on the content of your story!

Note: To help you with the story writting there is a list of questions you may answer in your story to extend it more:

*Which are the characters of the story?
*When did the story happen?
*Where did the story take place?
*What changed the plot of the story?
*How did you feel at certain moments of the story?
*Why did the story ended up like so?

and even more questions...

I am asking sorry in advance if the competition looks like a school essay that your teacher has assigned you but the topic here is far more different and free :nerd:

Good luck everybody!

oMeteor

Veteran
Once upon a time, quite a few years ago in the snowiest place of the world lived...
There was a man, called Bob, living in the United States (USA), Was celebrating Christmas on the first day of Dec 1, Bob was happy with the snow and the everything around him in Christmas, It was fun and chill until, A team of 3 guys challenged Bob on a snow throwing competition at the time "2 PM" Dec 3, Which he accepted, later on, The problem was, Bob is lonely and doesn't have a team, He decided to find a team and go to the competition, He found a team of 2 great people, Under the name of "Santiago" and "Johnny", They decided to help Bob and then, They trained hard for the competiton, All the way from zero to one hundered, They did they best and trained the best, And then they went to the competition at the called time, But what was surprising is that someone was missing, Oh look! Johnny isn't here! How can they start the competition! But out of nowhere, a young man called Joe appeared and offered to help Bob and his teammate Santiago since Johnny was missing. They accepted the help request and started the competition, Bob started throwing snow at the enemies, but he couldn't land any hits (1 hit = KO), And surprisingly the 3 guys KO'd Santiago and Joe, Bob is left alone, He believed in himself, He didn't want to disappoint his friends, He tried to clutch it, And surprisingly! He clutched it! Bob was very happy on the third day of Christmas, And his friends were happy for him, But what is weird is that Johnny still didn't appear, They decided to search for him, But what! The 3 guys took him as a hostage, and that's another story! (end of the story chapter 1) (if you want chapter 2 reply and comment and like)

*Which are the characters of the story? Bob, 3 guys, Santiago, Johnny, and Joe.
*When did the story happen? At the first day of Christmas (Dec 1) and ended on the third day
*Where did the story take place? United States
*What changed the plot of the story? To be honest, I don't understand this question.
*How did you feel at certain moments of the story? I felt happy writing the story and felt happy for Bob!
*Why did the story end up like so? Because that was only 1 Chapter, there are more chapters if you want. :p

Ninjuric

Rare Pika
Once upon a time, quite a few years ago in the most snowy place of the world lived Monto. He was quite the shy fellow, hardly ever leaving his small countryside cottage. Although he was blind, he never missed celebrating christmas. When he feels the whisper of winter in the air, he knew the festive season was about to start. Unlike other years where Monto would stay in his home, eating alone, drinking alone, he made a promise to himself to head into the city in hope that he would be able to hear the choirs singing christmas carols. A few minutes into his trip, a lady by the road stops him. She asks him "Kind Sir, do you have any food to spare?" Despite not knowing who she was, and what she looked like, Monto decided to buy her food from a nearby bakery and gave it to her. To her heart's content she ate. At the end of her meal, she hugs Monto and gives him a pair of glasses. She looks into his eyes, places her hands over them and says "They're a gift." She then disappears with the snow. Monto reluctantly ignored what she said, "My eyes, how can they be a gift? They've done nothing but make my life miserable." With anger and frustration he rushed into the city gate. Fearing what people might say about his eyes, he puts on the glasses to cover it. Suddenly, Monto can see. He walks around, admiring what he thought was impossible until... Monto saw a mother abusing her child, abandoned child sitting on a park bench, teenagers verbally abusing a foreigner. All this was too hard for him, he went by the lake, threw the glasses in, this is when he realized, " Blindness is not darkness, it is a different form of light"

Agrolax

Legendary Pika
This is exactly the type of story writing we had at school this exam xD. K lemme see, since I'm The Wise Sage of Pika Network, I need some moments to think. I'm the wisest of all in Pika Network!

Agrolax

Legendary Pika
v81y86.jpg

Hello people, this is my unreleased version of the novel. Keep it private!

HOW THE YOERI STOLE CHRISTMAS
A novel by Agrolax
Once upon a time, quite a few years ago in the most snowy place of the world lived Yoeri, in the north side of Who-ville.
Every Who in Who-ville liked Christmas, but the Yoeri, who lived just North of Who-ville, did NOT!

The Yoeri hated Christmas! The whole Christmas season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be his head wasn't screwed on just right.
It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all,
May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.
Whatever the reason, his heart or his shoes,
He stood there on Christmas Eve, hating the Whos,
Staring down from his cave with a sour, Yoeri'y (adjective of Yoeri) frown,
At the warm lighted windows below in their town.
For he knew every Who down in Who-ville beneath,
Was busy now, hanging a mistletoe wreath.
"And they're hanging their stockings!" he snarled with a sneer,
"Tomorrow is Christmas! It's practically here!"
Then he growled, with his Yoeri-
'y fingers nervously drumming,
"I MUST find some way to stop Christmas from coming!"
For Tomorrow, he knew, all the Who girls and boys,
Would wake bright and early. They'd rush for their toys!
And then! Oh, the noise! Oh, the Noise!
Noise! Noise! Noise!
That's one thing he hated! The NOISE!
NOISE! NOISE! NOISE!
Then the Whos, young and old, would sit down to a feast.
And they'd feast! And they'd feast! And they'd FEAST!
FEAST! FEAST! FEAST!
They would feast on Who-pudding, and rare Who-roast beast.
Which was something the Yoeri couldn't stand in the least!
And THEN They'd do something He liked least of all!
Every Who down in Who-ville, the tall and the small,
Would stand close together, with Christmas bells ringing.
They'd stand hand-in-hand. And the Whos would start singing!
They'd sing! And they'd sing! And they'd SING!
SING! SING! SING!
And the more the Yoeri thought of this Who-Christmas-Song,
The more the Yoeri thought, "I must stop this whole thing!"
"Why, for fifty-three years I've put up with it now!"
"I MUST stop this Christmas from coming! But HOW?"
Then he got an idea! An awful idea!
THE YOERI GOT A WONDERFUL, AWFUL IDEA!
"I know just what to do!" The Yoeri laughed in his throat.
And he made a quick Santa Claus hat and a coat.
And he chuckled, and clucked, "What a great Yoeri'y trick!"
"With this coat and this hat, I look just like Saint Nick!"
"All I need is a reindeer..." The Yoeri looked around.
But, since reindeer are scarce, there was none to be found.
Did that stop the old Yoeri? No! The Yoeri simply said,
"If I can't find a reindeer, I'll make one instead!"
So he called his dog, Max. Then he took some red thread,
And he tied a big horn on the top of his head.
THEN He loaded some bags And some old empty sacks,
On a ramshackle sleigh And he hitched up old Max.
Then the Yoeri said, "Giddap!" And the sleigh started down,
Toward the homes where the Whos Lay asnooze in their town.
All their windows were dark. Quiet snow filled the air.
All the Whos were all dreaming sweet dreams without care.
When he came to the first little house on the square.
"This is stop number one," the old Yoeri'y Claus hissed,
And he climbed to the roof, empty bags in his fist.
Then he slid down the chimney. A rather tight pinch.
But, if Santa could do it, then so could the Yoeri.
He got stuck only once, for a moment or two.
Then he stuck his head out of the fireplace flue.
Where the little Who stockings all hung in a row.
"These stockings," he grinned, "are the first things to go!"
Then he slithered and slunk, with a smile most unpleasant,
Around the whole room, and he took every present!
Pop guns! And bicycles! Roller skates! Drums!
Checkerboards! Tricycles! Popcorn! And plums!
And he stuffed them in bags. Then the Yoeri, very nimbly,
Stuffed all the bags, one by one, up the chimney!
Then he slunk to the icebox. He took the Whos' feast!
He took the Who-pudding! He took the roast beast!
He cleaned out that icebox as quick as a flash.
Why, that Yoeri even took their last can of Who-hash!
Then he stuffed all the food up the chimney with glee.
"And NOW!" grinned the Yoeri, "I will stuff up the tree!"
And the Yoeri grabbed the tree, and he started to shove,
When he heard a small sound like the coo of a dove.
He turned around fast, and he saw a small Who!
Little Cindy-Lou Who, who was not more than two.
The Yoeri had been caught by this tiny Who daughter,
Who'd got out of bed for a cup of cold water.
She stared at the Yoeri and said, "Santy Claus, why,”
"Why are you taking our Christmas tree? WHY?"
But, you know, that old Yoeri was so smart and so slick,
He thought up a lie, and he thought it up quick!
"Why, my sweet little tot," the fake Santy Claus lied,
"There's a light on this tree that won't light on one side."
"So I'm taking it home to my workshop, my dear."
"I'll fix it up there. Then I'll bring it back here."
And his fib fooled the child. Then he patted her head,
And he got her a drink and he sent her to bed.
And when CindyLou Who went to bed with her cup,
HE went to the chimney and stuffed the tree up!
Then the last thing he took Was the log for their fire!
Then he went up the chimney, himself, the old liar.
On their walls he left nothing but hooks and some wire.
And the one speck of food That he left in the house,
Was a crumb that was even too small for a mouse.
Then He did the same thing To the other Whos' houses
Leaving crumbs Much too small For the other Whos' mouses!
It was quarter past dawn... All the Whos, still a-bed,
All the Whos, still asnooze When he packed up his sled,
Packed it up with their presents! The ribbons! The wrappings!
The tags! And the tinsel! The trimmings! The trappings!
Three thousand feet up! Up the side of Mt. Crumpit,
He rode with his load to the tiptop to dump it!
"PoohPooh to the Whos!" he was grinchishly humming.
"They're finding out now that no Christmas is coming!"
"They're just waking up! I know just what they'll do!"
"Their mouths will hang open a minute or two,
Then the Whos down in Whoville will all cry BooHoo!"
"That's a noise," grinned the Yoeri, "That I simply MUST hear!"
So he paused. And the Yoeri put his hand to his ear.
And he did hear a sound rising over the snow.
It started in low. Then it started to grow.
But the sound wasn't sad! Why, this sound sounded merry!
It couldn't be so! But it WAS merry! VERY!
He stared down at Who-ville! The Yoeri popped his eyes!
Then he shook! What he saw was a shocking surprise!
Every Who down in Who-ville, the tall and the small,
Was singing! Without any presents at all!
He HADN'T stopped Christmas from coming! IT CAME!
Somehow or other, it came just the same!
And the Yoeri, with his yoeri-feet ice-cold in the snow,
Stood puzzling and puzzling: "How could it be so?"
"It came with out ribbons! It came without tags!"
"It came without packages, boxes or bags!"
And he puzzled three hours, till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Yoeri thought of something he hadn't before!
"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store."
"Maybe Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!"
And what happened then? Well...in Whoville they say,
That the Yoeri's small heart Grew three sizes that day!
And the minute his heart didn't feel quite so tight,
He whizzed with his load through the bright morning light,
And he brought back the toys! And the food for the feast!
And he, HE HIMSELF! The Yoeri carved the roast beast!

HeyOnia

Pika Lover
Once upon a time, quite a few years ago in the most snowy place of the world lived...

The Good Ol' Christmas a Happy, Lovely and the Best Event of The Year, Probably Better than Halloween.
Ahh, What could Probably Destroy This Amazingly Wonderful Event of the Year...Banning Christmas, Yep The Governmment Banned Christmas Because It wastes A lot of Electricity, Stuff and More Stuff. Welp Pretty Much everyone was Sad, Because THEY EVEN BANNED HAPPINESS FOR NO REASSON! Welp This is the Worst Wooooorst Time of My Life, And I am Probably Here to tell Ya'll On How Christmas was Unbanned.

Once Upon a Time in uhmm Switzerland (Did I spell that right)
The Government Banned Christmas. Why? Because This Story's Government is DUMB.

Anyways They Banned it Because They Just Wanted to and See how the World would React, And they Actually Predicted the World's Plan Pretty Well Predicted. Chaos. The Government Burned all Christmas Stuff Because they Wanted to Burn it Because They banned Christmas. Everyone was sad Because They even Banned Joy and Happiness. and Pretty Much everyone Got mad. and Everyone Protested, Including me, Because I have nothing else to do Anymore, anyways Let's get back to the Topic. Everyone Wanted the Government to Unban Christmas Yadi Yadi Yaya, But the Government Didn't Care at all. So everyone uhh, (Hey Joe What Happened to After this Part again? Oh Yeah) Sorry I have No Idea what Happened So I'm just gonna Fast Forward.

Years Later, Approximately 200 Million People died Because they're Depressed and Begged the Government to UNBAN christmas, And Again Government Was too Stupid to Unban Christmas. So People Did something Very very very very very VEEEEERY Unpredictable,
They Gave Up.Yep They Gave up and Made Halloween the Best Event of The Year. Government then uhh Felt Something Very Very Exagerrated As if The Snow was Talking to them and it whispered ''MynameJeff'' Oh wait Actually ''Unban Christmas'' The Government was Shocked because Snow is Talking to them, They Called Paranormal Activity, But The PA Said it's just their Concious Talking to them.

The Government then Unbans Christmas Because They Realized it's Just dumb to Ban something very Important to Human History.
But guess what Everyone Didn't Care, They said ''We Don't care Government we Have Halloween, It's better than Christmas'' Government then Bans Halloween, and Everyone had no Choice but move back to Christmas and They Probably Lived Happily Ever After.

The End.

*Which are the characters of the story? It's a First Person Story so I guess, Me and Goveern and Everyone.
*When did the story happen? Idk Probably in the Future
*Where did the story take place? Swizerland or The Whole World.
*What changed the plot of the story? Idk Banning Christmas? I don't Understand this Question Particularly.
*How did you feel at certain moments of the story? I Cringed.
*Why did the story ended up like so? Because I was too Stupid to make a Good Inpiring Ending.

oMeteor

Veteran
(Happened in the last Chapter) What is weird is that Johnny isn't here! Johnny was taken as a hostage by the 3 guys!
(Chapter 2. starting)

(Bob) We should find a way to help Johnny get released from these Guys, I am sure they are mad since their loss to us! Dude, I don't know what I'll do if anything happens to Johnny.

(Santiago) I know a detective called Richard nearby, He knows how to deal with such situations.

(Joe) What are we waiting? Let's go!

(Writer) Bob, Santiago, and Joe went to the house of Richard, They knocked the door, His wife came out and she said that Richard wasn't home, They came back after 3 hours and found him.

(Wife) Do you need anything, Richard?

(Richard) No thanks, You can leave now, Hey boys what is wrong?

(Santiago) Mr. Richard, These are my friends from a competition, There were 3 guys challenging us, we won them and one of us was taken as a hostage by them, And we don't know what to do, Can you help us, Mr. Richard?

(Richard) I knew I'd come to a day where I need to start working as a detective again, Let's go boys.

(Bob) Where are we going?

(Richard) To my place, My friend.

(Writer) Richard took the boys in his car, Went to his old office, Where they started talking and getting information.

(Richard) First, I need information about the 3 Guys, Their names and their address if possible.

(Bob) I know the name of 1 of them, He is called Smythe, He lives in the house behind mine.

(Richard) What are we waiting then? Let's go and visit him.

(Writer) Bob told Richard the way to Smythe's house, They knocked the door, No one is there, A neighbor comes out and says. "There is no one there, They moved last night." They ask the neighbor if they know where they moved, He answers "They moved to the streets of Jorklin. (This is not a true street but whatever), Later on, They got to the streets of Jorklin and search for "Smythe", They ask multiple people, with no answer, Until they asked a dude, Which said "Yea last night there was a family moving out from their old house to an apartment nearby" Richard asks "Do you know where is that apartment?" He answers "Yea, It is located on the street behind this." They go and knock the door, And then! (Know what happened in the next chapter)

Characters: Johnny, Bob, Richard, Smythe, Santiago, Joe and Richard's wife.

When did it happen: The day and the next day Johnny was taken as a hostage on.

Where did it take a part: the USA, Streets of Jorklin.

OP
OP
Wither

Wither

Veteran
The competition is coming to an end soon. If you wish to participate make sure to post your story as soon as possible! :bell:

Status
Not open for further replies.