Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Why does survival need an economy?

After reading the post, are you in favor of getting rid of the economy system in survival?

• No, Keep some type of economy. But change the economy from emeralds

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJRedNight

Epic Pika
Hey guys and girls,

So since making my first post, alot has been fixed! I'm so glad!!! Thank you zero, dirkie, slendyy, harsh, and all the other mods and admins who i didn't personally talk to today!

Now I do have to say... The thing thats most up for "debate" is the server economy. Ever hear the saying "the truth has a ring to it"? Well I think the bell has been rung people.

To solve our problem of our economy... is just to simply NOT HAVE ONE! Yes, thats right. Not have an economy. Now, while this might shock some of you and be like OH THATS STUPID... well... not really... Think about it this way.

Why do we need one? Truly... Isn't the point of survival to gather materials, and work hard to build the things we all love? Why do we need giant pumpkin farms, why do we need to make huge redstone contraptions just to get more "money" on a server. Emeralds, Money or balance system. Whatever your choice is... Doesn't matter. Why do we TRULY need it?

I say that we get rid of the economy system all together. There are MULTIPLE MMO's that do not have an established economy on their servers and yet, still... an economy seems to be thriving. Sure they have a curreny, and all that stuff... but you dont really need it. I suggest that we implement a trading plugin if one exists... if not create a secure trading station for players. that way minimal reports of scamming come into play. All trades should be screenshot. If you can't provide proof with a screenshot, then thats your problem. Meaning if you are saying you "got scammed"... Ever hear the term... pics or it didn't happen... yea that. to its fullest degree.

I believe that if player a needs an item and player b is selling it for a certain price, yet player c is selling it for a lower price then player b... that this will create a healthy competition between players. With this, No-economy economy... a forum should be set up for trading items. As well as "shops" can be made just like normal, however the owner of the shop will have more freedom into choosing his or her own currency if they so desired... or simply doing a trade with the player for a randomly not commonly used currency item... (i.e. say the shop owner needs quartz blocks to expand the shop... no reason why the shop owner would exchange diamonds for his items... he/she needs quartz)

I think that not having an economy, reseting the villagers to the default trading mechanics in game, and possibly creating a redstone "food dispenser" in spawn that would accept a simple item such as wood blocks or something easy... would help new players with their food issue... Note that this would be the only "currency" in game chosen for dispensing FOOD ONLY... melons, chicken, steak, pumpkin, bread, etc... NOT for dispensing items such as beacons, diamonds, etc. this dispenser would only be used for food. Thats all.

These suggestions were not made by just myself. There were others that had input including moria, shadow, and johnny... however i'm the one writing this. I'm definitely giving credit where credit is due though as its a REALLY great idea.

Also by getting rid of the economy as a whole, there would be no need for HUGE redstone farms... so... less lag would be on the server, which could compensate for item frames and armour stands being allowed in the server... since they create lag since they are entities.. :)

Serious, WELL WORDED thoughts about this. I would prefer it if people didn't just reply with "i dont like this idea". Tell us WHY! explain your reasoning. Make a CONSTRUCTIVE argument about this topic. Dont just leave us hanging in the wind! :D

DirkieXP

Banned
My opinion about the 3 possibilities:

-We currently use an emerald system, which has some issues, because the only currency is 'emerald'. Normally we have 2 more currencies: 'compressed emeralds' (64 x emerald) and 'fusioned emerald' (64 x compressed emeralds). Because these are currently missing, people end up with having loads of beacons or uncountable double chests full with stacks of emeralds.
I personally would agree on bringing back the Emerald-system in Survival, since we are all very familiar with how it works.
I want to put a villager in spawn where people can sell diamonds, coal, lapis lazuli, redstone, emeralds and quartz in exchange for emeralds. This is how it used to be, and that all worked fine. I took Gold and Iron out of this list because people can make afkable farms to get those 2 items.
Having a lot of emeralds also feels way better than just a lot of money on /balance, since you're able to hold those emeralds in your hand and show them to your friends. You can also have awesome dropparties with those emeralds.

-Then the /balance system. After my first experience with this plugin in survival, I am totally against it. This was because players could /sell hand items like cactus, sugar, sugarcanes and paper. This caused that players were going to make a lot of big afk-farms. Survival became 1 lag server. So this does not seem like a good idea,
UNTIL I thought of this: "What if we implement a /sell hand system, where the only items you can /sell hand are: diamonds, coal, lapis lazuli, redstone, emeralds and quartz. This will make sure that people will not make afkable farms. If we use a /balance - system, then we are also able to implement a plugin called market. Players can make their own simple shop by placing signs on a chest, on which players right click to buy it. And we can also implement a fancy market with the command /market." Both possibilities will reduce the amount of scam INSANELY. So that is the positive side of this economy

-Last but not least is no economy. I do not like this idea, because I personally like getting rich. No economy will result in a lot more scamming, and a lot more insecurity about prices of different items. It will just make Survival too hard.

I am not going to vote on this poll, but if I would then I still have not made up my mind about which option I choose. So I will just share my opinion here, read it and choose carefully.

MouraThat

Veteran
lement a /sell hand system, where the only items you can /sell hand are: diamonds, coal, lapis lazuli, redstone, emeralds and quartz. This will make sure that people will not make afkable farms. If we use a /balance - system, then we are also able to implement a plugin called market. Players can make their own simple shop by placing signs on a chest, on which players right click to buy it.
Yes im fed up with afkable farms i had one yes but it creates to much lagg and its not fair for people who dont know or arent that good at building because all the rich people get rich by this.
For economy i dont know i just want a way which reduces scamming and the amount of ridiculousy rich people

Status
Not open for further replies.