Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Website Crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GWG_iKnowledge

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Ummm what happened earlier today? When the website had a Database error... (Like it usually does)
So after that happened it made it to where people couldn't log in, couldn't post anything in shoutbox or threads, repeatedly popped up a 403 Forbidden error and then just not open the site at all...
What happened to make this happen?

ZeroGiven

Veteran
Dear,

There is not just one explanation for the trouble we had today so I will try to explain this as good as possible.

The 403 errors are errors that are caused by file permissions for the chat and some other files on the server we somehow had a bug that they couldn't be access which resulted in this error this has been fixed and also had to do with the database issues we had.

For the database issues we aren't quite sure at the moment and I'm still looking for a logic answer. At this point I could only say that our user limit has been exceeded this means the user limit of logins by our database account not the amount of registered forum users. This could be the cause of a DDOS attack or just a malfunction on the forum probably the second but the first is/could be pretty logical because of the bot attacks we already had the past days.

What I can say for sure is that no player data has been lost and that also no information has been compromised by hackers or anything like that.

I hope this somehow made it clearer for you. Feel free to ask any other questions ;)

Greetings,

Me

Status
Not open for further replies.