Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Unpopular Opinion - Side or Diagonal?

IvanLawonYT

Pika Member
SOLOS & DOUBLES ONLY.
Regardless of Maps, would you rather rush the opponent next to you (side, ie. Red to Blue), or the opponent diagonal towards you (ie. Grey to Red)?

qHadz

Pika Lover
SOLOS & DOUBLES ONLY.
Regardless of Maps, would you rather rush the opponent next to you (side, ie. Red to Blue), or the opponent diagonal towards you (ie. Grey to Red)?
Different maps have different tactics. As opticyclic said above it depends on how long the rush is towards the other base and for example if there is a diamond gen in the way or not. although some people just rush randomly and you can get double teamed on by people who have no idea how to play which is kinda frustrating

notknown876

Legendary Pika
First of all, there are no map where beginning rush is diagonal. There is total 3 types of rushes: Front Rush, Side rush and Diagonal Rush. And as I reckon diagonal rush in solos and doubles map is only present in Lighthouse and Nutcracker. Rest of the maps only have Front rush or Side rushes.

I mostly like to rush the side which takes the least amount of wool. But sometimes if I don't have any first rush then I like to go to my 1st rush base and gather the resources from his/her generator and then I return to my base and bridge to Diamond Generator and buy proc and then rush the 2nd player closest to base. But sometimes it depends on the game for example if I am in game with a player with high skill or level, I like to go for them and eliminate them first.

Pro Tip: If you don't have a first rush and you have queued in a map like gas station or speedway then it's a great time to complete quests in which collecting diamonds and emeralds is the mission.

feso4gaming

You may need atleast 16-20 iron to rush fully with only blocks and i suggest side coz its saving blocks and faster.