Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted Survival Make beacons a special item again

Status
Not open for further replies.

boopboopMC

Epic Pika
Minecraft Username:
boopboopMC

Suggestion:
Make beacons a special item again

Detailed description:
Beacons are everywhere in this season of Survival. They're supposed to be rare items to work towards, but right now they're as common as dirt.

Tozztozzo's suggestion to enable the Wither on the server was denied, and I totally understand that decision. I'd disable it too, however that got me thinking of how to make beacons more valuable without the Wither boss.

My suggestion:

Add in a new item called a Nether Shard, and make Wither Skeletons drop them. The rate of a regular Wither Skeleton Skull is around 2.5%, so these items should be around 3.5%-5% drop rate. (Each level of looting +1%).

Add in a second new item called Nether Heart which will be crafted with regular nether blocks and items.
Combine these two items to craft a Nether Star, and thus the ability to craft a beacon.

The crafting recipes would look something like this:

Also while we're on the subject of adding items to the Wither Skeletons, Wither Roses are unobtainable right now as well. These items should be dropped by Wither Skeletons with a drop rate of around 15%-20%.

Reason(s):
Beacons are an extremely useful and powerful tool to have for any major project, but their abundance in the most recent season made their value suffer. Beacons are supposed to be an item to work towards, but in the recent season Advertisement Stars were added to the server. Most people didn't use these stars for advertising their shops, but instead used them to craft beacons. On top of that, beacons were in donator kits, and crates further depreciating their value.

They became as common as dirt, and players are taking them for granted.

Survival isn't about getting things easily, hence why we wanted the server shop removed. It's about making a ton of different personal goals, and achieving them. Make a base, gather materials, get a beacon, kill the Ender Dragon. Everyone plays Survival differently, but the core should remain the same, and the rarity of 'special items' should remain how they were intended.

I'd much rather work for my loot, than to have it handed to me.
Also we already know you're able to make custom crafting recipes, because of the Ender Dragon Summoner.

Last edited:

tozztozzo

Ultimate Legendary Pika
Beacons should be a rare and difficult block to obtain. This is the best option without enabling the wither because it still challenges players to go hunting for wither skeletons. Crafting is very similar to the dragon summoner so it should be easy to implement. Wither roses are cool and we should definitely have a way to collect them.

Snowyy

Banned
I don’t play survival anymore, but I got many beacons only by opening the vote keys.. And in my opinion beacons should be something really rare so +1

Max

Staff Member
Owner
Suggestion - ACCEPTED

Hello boopboopMC,​
Thank you for your interest in Pika-Network by creating a suggestion for the network.​
I am glad to tell you that your suggestion is accepted and it will be implemented within the latest reset.​
Have fun playing!​

Good night,
Max

Status
Not open for further replies.