Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Insane Lag on High End PC

MIllion Dollar Question: Does Java Suck?

• YESH

• NOH

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

northerngames

My minecraft has been laggging unusually bad giving at about 30-40fps in optifine shaders. What really concerned me was that how my high end pc was not 'high enough' to get me 60fps with shaders on. Do note that I am using the latest SEUS ULTRA with 64 bit Java installed, updated to the latest as well.

Here are my specs:

Intel 17 7700K 4.20GHz

Asus ROG Strix GTX1070 8GB OC edition

Nvidia GTX 750ti*

16GB Kingstom hyperx ram

Asus Prime Z270-P Motherboard

*this extra card is dedicated for phyx on other supported games (like tomb raider), not minecraft, AND DEFINITELY NOT FOR SLI.

Here are some things I know.

1) It is not a heating problem

2)I have didicated the minecraft process to 'High' with no improvement in FPS

3)My graphic cards should (in theory) be powerful enough to handle this. If the 1070 can handle GTA 5 at max settings with 60+ FPS in 1080p, I see no problem how it CAN'T handle Minecraft with Shaders.

4)Even if my graphics card may have little to do with Minecraft's rendering, I know that the i7 7700K should at least be powerful enough (if not, too powerful)** to take minecraft on.
**theory

5) There is definitely more than enough RAM dedicated to Minecraft (7 Gb to be exact)

6) Minecraft is running Java, a very inefficient software with a poorly constructed algorithm, but I don't think it is THAT inefficient to the point where it drags high spec computers to the ground.

Any ideas? If there are any that require lines of code or complex fixes please do tell me, there are lots of people like me banging their heads over this.

ali99

Epic Pika
fps locked at 30 :/
check settings
or disable vsync

cute pc <3

Status
Not open for further replies.