Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Scanned BedWars Infested Stone Blocks

This suggestion is currently under review. Please note that this does not guarantee it is going to be accepted. Also, note that the reviewing process may take a long time.

cabbageookie

Username:
cabbageookie​

Suggestion:
Infested Stone Blocks​

Detailed description:
Price: In my opinion, 4 emeralds for 8 blocks, but price can be changed for game balance.
Acts like regular infested stone blocks from the main game, and triggers silverfish in nearby blocks (spawns team silverfish to delay attackers). Fireball-resistant, but can be blown up with TNT. If blown up with TNT, still spawns silverfish.

An alternative implementation:
Infested Endstone Block - Same idea as above, but instead of using stone it is recoloured to endstone textures to provide more of a surprise to attackers, and since endstone and stone have similar properties.​

Reason(s):
It's balanced since it's cheaper than obsidian, but is no issue if a player happens to bring an extra TNT. It could potentially delay attackers more than obsidian in some situations, at the cost of forcibly removing a whole layer from your bed defence: once activated, the silverfish may remain but the blocks will not. It can bring different varieties of endgame bed defence strategies, instead of the usual obsidian routine.​

EA0_2_0_8_

Veteran
Great Reporter
It sounds a bit too op, but I agree with the idea, could bring more variations to bedwars.

SDHMinecraft

Great Reporter
Mad lad +1, this would be way better to deal with, but aren’t infested stone block was one hit? It require no tool because in Vanilla MC it acts like that.

acura

Great Reporter
+1 most creative suggestion I've seen in a while.

opticyclic

Epic Pika
I'm bumping this old thread as I was just about to suggest this and I want to avoid creating a duplicate with extra detail in it.

The suggestion of infested endstone is a good idea as you don't want an attacker to just avoid breaking blocks that they know are infested.
Another reason for endstone instead of stone is that is almost twice the hardness.

Infested stone breaks in 0.6 seconds with a wooden pickaxe.
Stone breaks in 1.15 seconds with a wooden pickaxe.
Endstone breaks in 2.25 seconds with a wooden pickaxe.

Making the infested block easier to break than endstone would help balance out the benefit of the silverfish. However, you don't want to make it too easy to break.
Even though normal infested blocks take about half the time to break as their non-infested counterparts, I propose the breaking time should be a bit higher and similar to wood - 1.5 seconds with a wooden pickaxe.

Since it is so easy to break, making it end game with emeralds isn't a balanced purchase.
A silverfish is 30 iron and 12 endstone is 24 iron so a balanced price would be using iron.

I propose 32 iron for 4 infested endstone blocks.
This is 3x the cost of endstone and 2x the cost of glass.

You also need to make it so it isn't easy to get an army of silverfish.
Players breaking their own blocks should not drop a silverfish (similar in principle to how a teams silverfish doesn't attack the team that spawned it).

In vanilla minecraft, nearby infested blocks only spawn a silverfish when an existing silverfish is damaged and not from a nearby block being broken.
Keeping it as a nearby block being broken as suggested in the original post prevents attackers causing all the silverfish come out nullifying the whole defense.
In a similar vein, there should only be a 50% chance of another block spawning a silverfish and only within a 3 block radius to prevent blocks on the other side of the bed defense spawning the silverfish.

The silverfish should always spawn in an air block so that they don't die from suffocation so they aren't a waste of money.