Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Forums Improvement to reporting doxxing

SgtPosiden

Great Reporter
IGN
SgtPosiden
Minecraft username:
ImPosiden​

Suggestion:
Improvement to reporting doxxing​

Detailed description:
as we all know dox reports go the same as normal reports that way even a low ranked staff like a trial may have access to these types of reports and they could potentially dox the person again. So what I would like to suggest is that to make another subforum or add a tick mark box to the current report type so If it a dox report they can just press that and it only notifies admin +​

Reason(s):
i was going to report someone for doxing but then if I report the low-ranked staff will see it and then they know the persons' real identity and so. As you may all know what happened with ryanCertified aka TinCanL , we do not want those type of ppl to get hold of reports like these​

Example(s):
like how there are staff feedback to report staff I would say adding a doxxing report forum would be better since some might forget to put the tick mark while reporting​

Surbate

Staff Member
IGN
Surbate
While I generally like this suggestion, I think adding a checkbox will confuse people to click that when unsure, which could cause normal reports to only be visible to admin+, so another alternative to that would probably be good

JustSuperiorr

Staff Member
I feel like this unnecessary for creating a separate section for ONE type of report. when you can always contact an admin.

OP
OP
SgtPosiden

SgtPosiden

Great Reporter
IGN
SgtPosiden
I feel like this unnecessary for creating a separate section for ONE type of report. when you can always contact an admin.
I have tried to contact an admin but they have told me to make a report on forum

(Ig u want to see the reports too)

OP
OP
SgtPosiden

SgtPosiden

Great Reporter
IGN
SgtPosiden
While I generally like this suggestion, I think adding a checkbox will confuse people to click that when unsure, which could cause normal reports to only be visible to admin+, so another alternative to that would probably be good
Yeah thats why i said adding a seperate section for these type of things which only admin + shall access

PyroInDaBus

The Pika
Minecraft username:
ImPosiden

Suggestion:
Improvement to reporting doxxing

Detailed description:
as we all know dox reports go the same as normal reports that way even a low ranked staff like a trial may have access to these types of reports and they could potentially dox the person again. So what I would like to suggest is that to make another subforum or add a tick mark box to the current report type so If it a dox report they can just press that and it only notifies admin +

Reason(s):
i was going to report someone for doxing but then if I report the low-ranked staff will see it and then they know the persons' real identity and so. As you may all know what happened with ryanCertified aka TinCanL , we do not want those type of ppl to get hold of reports like these

Example(s):
like how there are staff feedback to report staff I would say adding a doxxing report forum would be better since some might forget to put the tick mark while reporting
So this whole ordeal is because you don't trust the staff team...?

PyroInDaBus

The Pika
Yes due to the latest leakings that has happened
Understandable, totally get ya. But here's the deal, we can't just assume all lower-ranked staff are untrustworthy. That's painting with too broad a brush, you know?

Really, consider this. These folks went through a selection process to become staff in the first place. They're not just random players picked off the street. Sure, mistakes can happen, and bad apples can slip through sometimes. But to create an entire new system just because we don't trust a whole group of people who are supposed to work for us? That seems a bit extreme

Plus, let's face it, if someone is determined to abuse their position, they'll find a way, regardless of what systems we put in place. It's more about cultivating a culture of responsibility and ethics among the staff

And now I realize that am talking like a physiologist without knowing your age, I apologize for that, but there's some truth in my explanation, no matter how long or intellectually complicated that explanation might be

I'm not saying your concerns are ot valid. The TinCan (Marleac) situation was messed up, no doubt, but maybe instead of creating more barriers, we should be focusing on better training and accountability for staff at all levels. You know, teach them about the seriousness of handling sensitive info, have clear consequences for misuse, that sort of thing

Which is no decision of me and you to make at all

At the end of the day, we are all part of this community. If we start from a place of suspicion, it's gonna make everything harder for everyone. Maybe the corresponding higher-ups need to have a broader conversation about trust and transparency in the staff team, rather than just changing how reports are handled. That goes for me too, I was demoted for poening my mouth about something, am not example you should follow by any means...

Just my two cents, though. What do you think?