Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted BedWars Improve the Current Anti-Cheat or use NoCheatPlus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eisendrag

Pika Member
Minecraft Username
EisenDrag

Suggestion:
Improve the Current Anti-Cheat or use NoCheatPlus.

Detailed description:
NoCheatPlus is a widely used anti-cheat used in popular servers such as Badlion. Details on the Anti-Cheat can be found in this

link: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/nocheatplus

Reason(s):
I believe that PikaNetwork is in a extremely poor state. At least the anti-cheat is. In my short time in PikaNetworks I usually play Bedwars and on an average day I meet a decent handful of hackers, this is extremely aggravating and really makes me reconsider coming to PikaNetworks instead of other popular servers such as Hypixel. I feel that either improving our current anti-cheat to detect clients and ban the people using them or at least kick them whenever it detects suspicious movement as I know some people really dislike console bans. Or using a well-known anti-cheat (NoCheatPlus) used in PVP heavy servers like badlion which had shown to be working extremely well. I hope you take my suggestion into consideration.​

Example(s):

OP
OP
Eisendrag

Eisendrag

Pika Member
Cheat sheet is also a decent choice for anti-cheat

Or Verus or AAC

Trainer

Banned
NCP can't detect many Combat Hacks, beside it doesn't support 1.8-1.15 but the server supports 1.8-1.15. AAC is not a bad choice but so as NCP, can't detect many combat hacks unless AAC Addiction Pro is added. Even Versus...
There used to be NCP on bedwars but ever since the owner upgrade ViaVersion so that it supports 1.15, they removed the old anticheat system. I personally like AGC but I don't think it has a chance of getting added to the server. Hypixel's watchdog isn't really effective since it's a cheat detection not an anticheat. The owners (voodootje0 for exact) is perhaps working on AAC and AACAP for Pika since I saw his threads on GitHub about antichrist developments. Overall, I do agree that they need a new or improved anticheat system but I disagree about using NCP since it doesn't support all version and it isn't good at detecting combat hacks and as well as Versus/AAC.

UpperGround

Great Reporter
NCP can't detect many Combat Hacks, beside it doesn't support 1.8-1.15 but the server supports 1.8-1.15. AAC is not a bad choice but so as NCP, can't detect many combat hacks unless AAC Addiction Pro is added. Even Versus...
There used to be NCP on bedwars but ever since the owner upgrade ViaVersion so that it supports 1.15, they removed the old anticheat system. I personally like AGC but I don't think it has a chance of getting added to the server. Hypixel's watchdog isn't really effective since it's a cheat detection not an anticheat. The owners (voodootje0 for exact) is perhaps working on AAC and AACAP for Pika since I saw his threads on GitHub about antichrist developments. Overall, I do agree that they need a new or improved anticheat system but I disagree about using NCP since it doesn't support all version and it isn't good at detecting combat hacks and as well as Versus/AAC.
i literally didn't understand a word

OP
OP
Eisendrag

Eisendrag

Pika Member
Honestly i just googled anti-cheat for minecraft and searched the ones used in previously popular servers as our anticheat is too bad to catch the most blatant hackers using Regen & Fly. I know nothing about the technical aspect of anticheats

Trainer

Banned
can you explain it to me too? ill give my decision according to that
Sorry but no, just know that all the AC can be bypassed if the client's config is customized to bypass it. Most AC don't support 1.8-1.15 and some of it has many issues with the server (false ban).
Honestly i just googled anti-cheat for minecraft and searched the ones used in previously popular servers as our anticheat is too bad to catch the most blatant hackers using Regen & Fly. I know nothing about the technical aspect of anticheats
Well, then you learn some more about it, perhaps?

OP
OP
Eisendrag

Eisendrag

Pika Member
Sorry but no, just know that all the AC can be bypassed if the client's config is customized to bypass it. Most AC don't support 1.8-1.15 and some of it has many issues with the server (false ban).

Well even though AC can be bypassed by a custom client, that is the case with the majority of all anti-cheat even the best anti-cheats can't even detect ghost clients. Just having a anti-cheat that is able to detect anything from fly hackers - to absurdly high CPS from players. would satisfy the majority of players

UpperGround

Great Reporter

Well, then you learn some more about it, perhaps?
oky ty

MrLipo

Legendary Pika
also idk if someone else arleady said that, some servers arleady have no cheat plus like bedwars.
bedwars lobby has aac but when you join a game there is a /ncp command

Last edited:

Trainer

Banned
also idk if someone else arleady said that, some servers arleady have no cheat plus like bedwars.
bedwars lobby had aac but when you join a game there is a /ncp command
Well NCP is good for non-pvp server/game mode and AAC with AACAP is slightly good for PvP server/gamemode

voodootje0

Staff Member
Owner
Hey Eisendrag,​
Thank you for your interest by creating a suggestion for PikaNetwork.​
I am glad to tell you that your suggestion is accepted and it is going to be implemented very soon!​
Have a good time on PikaNetwork!​

Best regards,
voodootje0

Status
Not open for further replies.