Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Hackers//Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leins

Leiins here, so this week I've started playing PikaNetwork and picked up a few pretty massive problems already. With such large amount of database I assumed that there are no problems but since I've been playing practise a lot I've seen quiet a few problems.
First of all, the staff members: You guys need to recruit more staff members on Practise weather it's EU members or US or AU, honestly we need a staff member on all the time to watch over the fights and ban the the amount of hackers there are. The elo that some of us lose against hackers is insane and it's just frustrating. Also runners and campers are another big problem that occurs in almost every fight.

The Lag: Not sure on which end the server is hosted on but I do sure know that I'm not the one lagging every fight. The lag spikes are insane and it gives the other person a massive upper advantage hit wise, it should be looked into and fixed if possible otherwise you'll start losing a lot more people.

Thirdly the toxicity that goes on in the chat, a staff member is required to perform their duties once in a while, I believe there also should be a chat mod on everytime to just watch over the chat because the filter is pretty much bypassable by anyone.

Anyways I enjoy the server, if you want to find me I'll prolly be on from time to time on Practise if not then Prison :)

DqrkneZz

Veteran
Hello there, @Leins. We appreciate your effort to make suggestions about the improvement of an aspect of the server but unfortunately you have written that in the wrong section. The right section would be the suggestion section which is specifically for suggestions: https://pika-network.net/applicationform/23/form

Now, since you put all that effort to create this post I will answer in some of the things you said. To begin with, as a Trial Helper of practise I know that it's lacking staff members and that more should be recruited. The thing is though that for more staff to be added for the moderation of practise, more practise players need to apply in the forums to become staff. We can't recruit every random guy we see. Believe me, if any person who has enough of the things needed to become a staff member for practise he will be accepted. Also, one other thing is that we cannot be online 24/7 to moderate practise as there are other things to do too. Furthermore, there is also school, real life activites etc.

Hope I was helpful!

iactivateMC

Ultimate Legendary Pika
I want to apply for staff, but I have a disadvantage. When I see a single mob I crash. I can only be online on servers who doesn't have mobs like Creative, Prison, OP Prison, etc. If Practice does have mobs then I cannot help you if I get accepted as a staff. But If Practice doesn't have mobs I can monitor the server every 4-5 hours. I won't be applying now, I still don't know how get on Teamspeak.

Have a lovely day,
Death

DqrkneZz

Veteran
I want to apply for staff, but I have a disadvantage. When I see a single mob I crash. I can only be online on servers who doesn't have mobs like Creative, Prison, OP Prison, etc. If Practice does have mobs then I cannot help you if I get accepted as a staff. But If Practice doesn't have mobs I can monitor the server every 4-5 hours. I won't be applying now, I still don't know how get on Teamspeak.

Have a lovely day,
Death
To get on teamspeak you have to download ts3 and then connect to the server by its ip which is ts3.pikacraft.eu

LeoMinecrafter

Ultimate Legendary Pika
This is in the wrong suggestion and as I can tell, post farmers have been here, to prevent further post farmers from potentially getting banned for spamming

(Requesting Lock)

SmashArmsHD

Veteran
Supporter
Legendary
Hello there @Leins !
Trust me you do not need to point out the problems you just did, we know about all of them. It is just that we do not have a developer nor a manager, wich makes it hard to maintain the server. The owner is working his butt off for the updates and bugfixes it is just that he has to do them on his own, he is working on hiring a developer and a new manager, but that can take some time. And not many experienced staff members want to apply for staff here since we are just a small server, most people that apply are inexperienced and do not live up to the expectations/requirements. Since we have highered the expectations of the staff applicants, not many staff get recruited. The current staff team is working hard to maintain the server and all of Pika's other platforms as well. (Discord, Teamspeak and the Forums)
Remember that all of the staff are volunteers, willing to give up their free time to patrol the server to give the players on the server the best time.
You say we should do our jobs, we are volunteers, we do not get paid whatsoever.
Most staff are still in school, wich mean they have homework to do. Some are doing their exams or are currently studying for it, and if you'd ask any staff member, school is way more important to us than Pika, sorry.

Compare me, to a staff member somewhere else on a premium server. I have 4200 bans and about 2 months IRL time on pikas platforms (Combined)
I put a hige effort into this community, so do all other staff members.

Remember that weare a cracked server, meaning people can go on a cracked launcher and play on an alts when they get banned. If they get IP Banned, they can download a VPN and just go violate the rules again.

We are not a multi-million dollar network, we can not afford an Anti Cheat like watchdog, I hope you understand. Maintaining a Minecraft server is not as easy as you would think it is.

Trust me, I see this same exact thread posted by several people, pointing out the obvious.
I know Pika has it's problems, but you can also lower your expectations. We are a server of an active 1.5 - 2k players daily. Not a big server with developers and managers on a contract.

If you want to try and help us out, record hackers, screenshot chat violations and report them to a staff member directly or (Preferred) on the forums in the report section.
Consider applying for staff if you think you can make a change!

Locking thread, Have a nice day regardless! ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.