Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

SkyMines Disable Elytra/pearls/portals in combat

CqmeronO

Epic Pika
Minecraft username:
CqmeronO​

Suggestion:
Disable Elytra/pearls/portals in combat​

Detailed description:
Whenever you get combatted you are unable to use your elytra. When you are in combat you CAN pearl in combat however it has a 10 second cooldown (Adjustable). Also being unable to go through a portal in combat. E.g fighting somebody in the end, they would be unable to run through to the nether. (If you try go through a portal in combat it pushes you a few blocks and says a message in chat about being unable to go through as you're in combat)).​

Reason(s):
PvP is a massive aspect in 1.20 gamemodes and it attracts players, if you increase the amount of PvP by enabling/disabling these features it forces people to get into fights more often. New players will not like this, so I think 15 minutes of passive time with a 1/2 hour cooldown would counter this, if new players are annoyed of getting killed 24/7 they can enable their passive mode every hour or two. Being able to elytra in combat massively decreases the amount of PvP. Players fight and eat golden apples and depends on their durability to win, if their durability gets low they fly into spawn, /repair and go back in to fight. This makes fights long and pointless with nobody leaving the winner or loser. When in outposts like the end outpost it is near to impossible to escape without and elytra. This is why I propose the idea of pearls in combat, if you are losing a fight you can pearl out of the outpost however if you miss you have to face the punishment and wait another 10 seconds. If you die in that time then you faced a fatal punishment for missing your pearls. Being unable to go through portals in combat stops people from having fights in the end and running from the end to nether to overworld then into spawn. I think being able to go into the safezone in combat is alright as the further you progress the different worlds you need to go into therefore making it more challenging as you go on. Not only are these very good reasons the only place you lose your items is outposts. So if you die whilst mining, enable passive and get on with your day. If you are in the outpost then you are wanting to fight and are willing to pay the price of dying.​

Example(s):
I am approaching thiemo rapidly and I start fighting him. He realises he is losing this fight so he flies out the outpost, into the nether, into the overworld then into the safezone, heals and repairs his armor. Then comes in for round 2, the cycle repeats until both players realise the fighting aspect of sky mines is not worth the time so they quit.
Next example, me and thiemo are fighting in the end outpost and he tries to pearl out however he misses, this means the fight has to go on for a minimum of 10 seconds forcing him to either run or fight until the pearl cooldown is over.​

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
Totally disagree. these limitation should ONLY apply in outpost and not in normal world as it would be annoying to grind with such limitations

parvagamer2

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
parvagamer2
Hell nah -1
I agree with what B1ueray Said above

YousafWitherBoss

Great Reporter
-1 what a terrible and weird suggestion you just thought from your perspective. BOOO!!!

OP
OP
CqmeronO

CqmeronO

Epic Pika
Totally disagree. these limitation should ONLY apply in outpost and not in normal world as it would be annoying to grind with such limitations
I disagree, disabling elytra in combat means youre fighting. If youre not fighting you arent in combat so you can fly

OP
OP
CqmeronO

CqmeronO

Epic Pika
I only made this suggestion because of people complaining about it?

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
I disagree, disabling elytra in combat means youre fighting. If youre not fighting you arent in combat so you can fly
Did u ever actually grinded in skymines? Cuz if u did u would know u can and others can accidently hit u while grinding and then u will be in combat constantly

OP
OP
CqmeronO

CqmeronO

Epic Pika
Did u ever actually grinded in skymines? Cuz if u did u would know u can and others can accidently hit u while grinding and then u will be in combat constantly
Constantly? Its a 25 second combat. If you get in combat you can either kill the person who combatted you or let them grind more. It's not like the map is massive because it's not, you can easily run to your location

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
Constantly? Its a 25 second combat. If you get in combat you can either kill the person who combatted you or let them grind more. It's not like the map is massive because it's not, you can easily run to your location
Honestly ur not eligible to make suggestions for skymines. U don't even know a simple mechanic known as combat if a person hit u again ur back in 25 second combat and this thing just loops not to mention those stacked players who just farms players or just players trying to annoy u.

OP
OP
CqmeronO

CqmeronO

Epic Pika
Honestly ur not eligible to make suggestions for skymines. U don't even know a simple mechanic known as combat if a person hit u again ur back in 25 second combat and this thing just loops not to mention those stacked players who just farms players or just players trying to annoy u.
Why do you think Ive added the reduced cooldown for passive mode, if you arent good at pvp. disable it. this suggestion is purely because skymines is a durability gamemode and the pvp aspect is dead after 2 weeks.

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
Why do you think Ive added the reduced cooldown for passive mode, if you arent good at pvp. disable it. this suggestion is purely because skymines is a durability gamemode and the pvp aspect is dead after 2 weeks.
Firstly 15 mins of passive mode is NOT enough. U need hours just to get to neatherite and 15 mins is not enough. Secondly if someone wants to pvp he should go to outpost or arena. If someone just wanna annoy or farm people then it's not our problem that we can escape using these methods. And I don't see any point in "if you ain't good in pvp disabled it" it takes hours of grind to get to neatherite without gkits and then there are players constantly farming u with their op gears due to gkits. How can I even fight them with literally nothing? Ong play skymines for once

OP
OP
CqmeronO

CqmeronO

Epic Pika
Firstly 15 mins of passive mode is NOT enough. U need hours just to get to neatherite and 15 mins is not enough. Secondly if someone wants to pvp he should go to outpost or arena. If someone just wanna annoy or farm people then it's not our problem that we can escape using these methods. And I don't see any point in "if you ain't good in pvp disabled it" it takes hours of grind to get to neatherite without gkits and then there are players constantly farming u with their op gears due to gkits. How can I even fight them with literally nothing? Ong play skymines for once
I do play skymines :ROFLMAO: And I've made this suggestion because people IN my team that play skymines constantly are complaining about repeating the same thing over and over again. 15 minutes of passive mode with a 1 hour cooldown is a nice amount of passive, still enough for people to run round and kill and still enough for people to grind, chill, grind

B1ueRay

Ultimate Legendary Pika
IGN
B1ueRay
I do play skymines :ROFLMAO: And I've made this suggestion because people IN my team that play skymines constantly are complaining about repeating the same thing over and over again. 15 minutes of passive mode with a 1 hour cooldown is a nice amount of passive, still enough for people to run round and kill and still enough for people to grind, chill, grind
Nope not at all. Honestly tell your teammate to actually for once grind normally then to p2w and afterwards farm other players

OP
OP
CqmeronO

CqmeronO

Epic Pika
Nope not at all. Honestly tell your teammate to actually for once grind normally then to p2w and afterwards farm other players
You're extremely stuck up assuming he doesn't do anything. I'm not gonna continue pointless arguing over an opinion.