Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Global Dev Blogs

MrSpeedy35

Legendary Pika
Minecraft username:
MrSpeedy35​

Suggestion:
Dev Blogs​

Detailed description:
Dev Blogs

Recently, many of you might have noticed that PikaNetwork has become more transparent with the community about how their server operates. Our new manager, Arrly, has been particularly active, providing information about various aspects of the server, such as the staff team and the Crafti Council. However, there’s still a lot we don’t know about the behind-the-scenes development process.

The introduction of developer sub-roles has given us an idea of who is responsible for what, but PikaNetwork has yet to explain any of the technical aspects of the server. I believe it would be great and beneficial if the development team started sharing more details about the development process.

For instance, they could create dev blogs to explain how the stats API works, how the server efficiently handles lag, and how a BedWars game is created and managed from start to finish. There are countless topics they could cover that would interest and engage the community, especially people in the community who are interested in development.

Of course, I understand that not everything can be made public. Certain details need to be kept confidential for security and competitive reasons. However, I’m sure that there are many aspects of the development process that are safe to share with the community.

I hope the development team or the lead developer sees this suggestion and considers it. It would be great to hear their thoughts on whether this is possible and, if it is, will we be seeing any dev blogs soon.​

Reason(s):
Explained above.​

Example(s):
Hypixel does Dev Blogs but I will not link it because it might count as an advertisement but making Dev Blogs will help the community have a deeper understanding of how the server works.​

Some_Matej

Great Reporter
just to let you know pika has 8 developers while hypixel has 50+

OP
OP
MrSpeedy35

MrSpeedy35

Legendary Pika
just to let you know pika has 8 developers while hypixel has 50+
just to let you know pika gets around 2000 players while hypixel gets around 50000
If I take that ratio into consideration, pika should have 2 devs.

Some_Matej

Great Reporter
just to let you know pika gets around 2000 players while hypixel gets around 50000
You don't need more developers if there is more players, you need more developers if there is more work

BroItsOp

Pika Member
IGN
cheapguest
Developer have their work equally distributed
Bro said we only need 2 developers
Also talking about your suggestion

OP
OP
MrSpeedy35

MrSpeedy35

Legendary Pika
Developer have their work equally distributed
Bro said we only need 2 developers
Also talking about your suggestion
I never said Pika needs 2 developers. I said "IF I take that ratio into consideration"