Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now

Christmas Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MouraThat

Veteran
Hey survival Players,
Im here today with a Christmas competition now before i go further i would just like to say this is not an official staff competition so much that i will be using my alchemist alternate account .
Anyway since I'm in the Christmas spirit and i collected so much stuff from opening crates (with keys)about a month ago, i would like to giveaway a lot of stuff. I could make a really complicated event or give you a really complicated question but while some of you may find that fun a lot of you will just be looking for a nice competition so here it is

When is it happening?
The competition will start from Today (21/12/16) and will last until (29/12/16) This means you will have 8 days to fulfill the requirements and enter.(edit: competition cut shorter by two days)

What Will the competition be ?
The competition will be answering a relatively simple question (well if you've played for survival for over a week maybe ) You will then make entries down below and i will use a random name generator to pick out the Winners.

What is the Question ?
The question is how do you make a Wither Boss (Summon a wither with materials) and what does it drop when you kill it ? Please be detailed in your answer if your answer is not correct you (1 or 2 minor mistakes permitting) then you will not be entered. I hope this question is relatively simple obviously you can research the answer too but try not copy other people's answer (well unless you know its right).

How Do i enter?
To enter simply write your answer in a comment down below or alternatively you can private message (pm) me the answer if you don't want others copying it. There is no other catch you don't have to leave a like or do anything else. I will be choosing randomly from the entries on the closing date (random name generator) so all your entries have a fair chance.

Prizes ? :
Of Course i couldn't write this thread without telling you the prizes, Now the prizes aren't amazing but they are definitely useful and shouldn't be
overlooked

1st Winner Picked : 4 Stacks of Emeralds
2nd Winner picked : 3 Stacks of Diamond
3rd Winner Picked : /kit alchemist and /kit samurai
4th Winner Picked : /kit Ninja and /kit warlock
5th Winner Picked : Building Blocks/ender -pearls/some tools
6th Winner Picked : 64 Emerald Blocks( 1 stack of emerald blocks)
7th Winner Picked : Mystery Prize
I will not be giving away any ranks however.

Good Luck to everyone entering , i will be drawing out the names on Thursday 29th December at 12-1 Pm GMT . Remember you have a fair chance winning so give it a go , there are loads of prizes (7 main ones and some ores if you entered quite possibly) Just leave a comment or Private message me the answer and remember to spread the word about the competition
Thanks for Reading and Merry Christmas

Last edited:

leaf26

Legendary Pika
To make a wither boss:
materials -

• 4 soul sand (from nether)
  • 3 wither skulls (from wither skeletons in a nether fortress)
  • An area that you want to fight the wither in, NOT near any unclaimed base since there will be explosions. Wither explosions can break obsidian.
Spawning -
  • need at least a 3x4x1 (XxYxZ or ZxYxX) area to spawn the wither, allowing some way to hit the wither during the fight if he doesn't automatically break the blocks around him.
  • Place one soul sand on the bottom layer at the center of the chosen 3x1 or 1x3 area
  • Place the remaining 3 soul sand across the second layer to make a T shape
  • *get ready to fight*
  • Place 3 wither heads atop the T. The wither should spawn immediately and start the countdown before it explodes.
Fighting -
  • You will likely need both a bow and a sword.
  • The Wither is undead, so Smite is the most effective damage enchantment on your sword. Splash health potions also deal some damage
  • Once you spawn the wither, step back and wait for the explosion.
  • Shoot the wither down to half health, at which point it will stop taking damage from arrows.
  • Whack it until it dies.
Drops -
  • Once killed, the wither will drop one Nether Star. Looting does not affect drops
  • Use the nether star, 3 obsidian, and 5 glass to craft a beacon

OP
OP
MouraThat

MouraThat

Veteran
Just needed Materials and Drops^ But congrats your the first entry :)

XBLADERAZERX

Materials are soul sand(4 of them),3 wither skuls
after u kill the wither boss u get a nether star
i dont what else to say that leaf26 didnt say already

XBLADERAZERX

Well u can obviously see that its in the survival section and if u read the text u can see that rocky says survival players so i dont see the point of u asking the question

OP
OP
MouraThat

MouraThat

Veteran
Lol James you just have to answer the question
Very few entries so the ones who entered are almost guaranteed to win

Materials
-4 soulsand (you can find those in the nether)
-3 wither skeleton skulls (you get them by killing wither skeletons)

Drops
-The wither will drop a nether star and XP after killed (The nether star can be crafted into a beacon)

Hi1307

Banned
Summoning:

Place 4 Soul Sand in a "T" shape
Thereafter, Place 3 wither skeleton skulls on top of the 3 soul sand blocks.
Place the soul sand before the skulls.

Drops:
1 Nether Star
50 XP (if killed by the player or wolf).

I wanna be 6th for those em blocks :p

Matik212

To summon a wither boss guide-

Materials needed-
Soul Sand, you can get this from the nether, it's everywhere not hard to find
2. You need 3 wither skulls, just fight the skeletons you see in the nether fortress they are rare though so use looting III sword

Spawning-

When spawning the wither boss, please don't do it near you new mansion or some other expensive build, the skulls he spits at you are explosive and can destroy anything I think, don't quote me on that xD. Now get four soul sand and place it, one touching the ground and another on top of that, then place the other 2 on opposite sides of the soul sand on top, you should come up with a T shape in you end result. Use the 3 wither skulls u got and place them on TOP of the three top blocks. The last block placed must be one of the three wither skeleton skulls.

Drops-

It drops 1 nether star when you kill it, fun fact that I didn't know until today, It never despawns until you take it up. It also drops 50 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf. Looting doesn't affect the drops don't be a fool like me xD.

AntiFaker

Epic Pika
Starting up: You need
4 soul sand, 3 wither head (wither heads can be obtained from wither skeleton skulls which are hard to loot sometimes), and a place low enough to kill the wither boss (the place must be contained/Strongly sealed so that it wouldn't destroy anything)
Building:
Put up 1 soul sand, these are obtained in the nether too. 3 soulsands at the top alligned.
if you look above, it would be 1x3x2 (when you look at the side, top, and front)
And there! You have made a wither boss.
Loot:
This is one of the strongest fighters i might say. But when you defeated it, you will get a
Nether star
and gives 50xp. Nether stars can be use on the crafting table to craft beacons.

mark007

Materials: 1)4 soulsand(u can get it in nether)
2)3 wither skulls(u Can get killing wither skelleton with looting III)
Spawning: put 3 soulsand in shape like T and put 3 wither skulls on top of it. Then he will spawn and when u kill him u get Nether star
Thats all ;)

OP
OP
MouraThat

MouraThat

Veteran
Yes @XBLADERAZERX anyone who gave the correct answer in entered So far no replies in pm
Also 4 more Days left
Good Luck to all who put the effort in to enter

OP
OP
MouraThat

MouraThat

Veteran
Rolling now
Not many entries so your all guaranteed to win a prize :)

OP
OP
MouraThat

MouraThat

Veteran
And the Winners are after picking each name from a non-bias name generator this is the order that people won
Winner 1 -4 Stacks of Emeralds - Congratulations to @Cyan_Lights101
Winner 2-3 Stacks of Diamonds - Congratulations to @Matik212
Winner 3 - Kit Alchemist and kit Samurai - Congratulations to @AntiFaker
Winner 4 - Kit Ninja and Kit Alchemist - Congratulations to @Hi1307
Winner 5- Miscellaneous items (Tools, Blocks, Enderpearls, Quartz blocks and a stack of any ore of choice) - Goes to @mark007
Winner 6 - 1 Stack of Emerald Blocks(64 Emerald Blocks) Goes to @leaf26
Which means Winner 7 is @XBLADERAZERX who will receive his mystery prize (later when i contact him)
Thank you all for participating i know all of you who participated won but Thanks to James_s and the lionking for commenting to :)
I will give out prizes ingame if i see you but if you don't see me over the next week please send me a private message on Discord and Forums and i will sort out a time where we can meet up
Competition closed
(Can i remind everyone that this was completly random)

Status
Not open for further replies.