Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Accepted BedWars Buffing Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImDaFreq

Minecraft Username
ImDaFreq

Suggestion:
Buffing Tools

Detailed description:
Tools are 100% not meta due to TNT, I'd like to outline some changes that could make Tools better and how they could positively affect Bedwars.

Possible Changes:
1.) Making Tools Permanent
The problem with tools is that your investment is usually not returned as if you die, all the Gold/Iron you have invested into the Tools are gone as well. Making Tools permanent (whether if they stay the same after death or degrade like other servers do it is up to Admins) would most likely attract the playerbase into using them.

2.) Lowering Prices
Tools (aside from Shears) aren't really very expensive for the utility they hold. The problem is that another tool used for bed breaking (TNT) is cheaper and can do everything tools can except for breaking Obsidian. Lowering prices is not as recommended as Permanent Tools but it still works and could bring tools back into favor while not overshadowing TNT and placing TNT into the situation that Tools are in right now.​

Reason(s):
It would allow more nuanced options and stop the formulaic approach in breaking beds early game which normally involves bridging up, placing TNT, breaking Beds. This allows for a much more healthy meta as Tool rushing is almost non-existent and is much much less effective than a simple TNT rush early game.​

Example(s):
1.) Nerfing Obsidian, With the lack of Invisibility Potions in-game, sneaking into a base with an Obsidian protected Bed is extremely difficult to do and is even more difficult to do when trying to break the Bed with a Diamond Pickaxe that isn't permanent and also costs 12 Gold. Buffing Tools will most likely make Obsidian less annoying than it already is and easier to get past. 2.) Nerfing TNT, TNT has been the #1 option for bed breaking forever, it's cheap, breaks through most defenses easily due to the lack of Glass, and does not require having to jump into the base and risking a PvP encounter with another player. Buffing Tools will allow Tools to contest the #1 spot that TNT has been holding for quite a while and not to the extent that TNT falls out the meta.

OP
OP
I

ImDaFreq

I believe I placed the wrong thing into the Example section, apologies in advance for lacking basic reading comprehension lol.

Zxga

Great Reporter
Minecraft Username
ImDaFreq

Suggestion:
Buffing Tools

Detailed description:
Tools are 100% not meta due to TNT, I'd like to outline some changes that could make Tools better and how they could positively affect Bedwars.

Possible Changes:

1.) Making Tools Permanent

The problem with tools is that your investment is usually not returned as if you die, all the Gold/Iron you have invested into the Tools are gone as well. Making Tools permanent (whether if they stay the same after death or degrade like other servers do it is up to Admins) would most likely attract the playerbase into using them.

2.) Lowering Prices

Tools (aside from Shears) aren't really very expensive for the utility they hold. The problem is that another tool used for bed breaking (TNT) is cheaper and can do everything tools can except for breaking Obsidian. Lowering prices is not as recommended as Permanent Tools but it still works and could bring tools back into favor while not overshadowing TNT and placing TNT into the situation that Tools are in right now.

Reason(s):
It would allow more nuanced options and stop the formulaic approach in breaking beds early game which normally involves bridging up, placing TNT, breaking Beds. This allows for a much more healthy meta as Tool rushing is almost non-existent and is much much less effective than a simple TNT rush early game.

Example(s):
1.) Nerfing Obsidian, With the lack of Invisibility Potions in-game, sneaking into a base with an Obsidian protected Bed is extremely difficult to do and is even more difficult to do when trying to break the Bed with a Diamond Pickaxe that isn't permanent and also costs 12 Gold. Buffing Tools will most likely make Obsidian less annoying than it already is and easier to get past. 2.) Nerfing TNT, TNT has been the #1 option for bed breaking forever, it's cheap, breaks through most defenses easily due to the lack of Glass, and does not require having to jump into the base and risking a PvP encounter with another player. Buffing Tools will allow Tools to contest the #1 spot that TNT has been holding for quite a while and not to the extent that TNT falls out the meta.
I've made one already about this c:

JerryMine

The Pika
If you want to buff tools, just tell them to get invisible potion.

OP
OP
I

ImDaFreq

If you want to buff tools, just tell them to get invisible potion.
yeah invis pots would be appreciated but less backlash and whining from campy players if we just buff an item that already exists

Mrfatsojr

Veteran
Great Reporter
Hey ImDaFreq,

Thank you for creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
I am excited to tell you that this suggestion has been accepted and is implemeted!

Thank you very much for helping us.

Have a good time on PikaNetwork!

Good afternoon,
Mrfatsojr

Status
Not open for further replies.