Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Practice Ban Running In Practice (Nodebuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOUAI_

Epic Pika
Minecraft username:
LOUAI_90

Suggestion:
Ban Running In Practice

Detailed description:
make running the whole game without fighting bannable, because this ruins the whole experience of fighting.

some people are running the whole game without ever trying to fight just to ruin it for others

First offense = 1 day ban

Second offense = 2 days ban

Third offense = 7 days ban

I get if you run at the end of the game because of low health but running the whole game since the beggining is just wasting both our times

Reason(s):
- Makes the experience enjoyable

- Less Annoying

Example(s):
if someone records you running the whole game = ban

Last edited:

PyroInDaBus

The Pika
Minecraft username:
LOUAI_90

Suggestion:
Ban Running In Practice

Detailed description:
make running the whole game without fighting bannable, because this ruins the whole experience of fighting.

some people are running the whole game without ever trying to fight just to ruin it for others

First offense = 1 day ban

Second offense = 2 days ban

Third offense = 7 days ban

I get if you run at the end of the game because of low health but running the whole game since the beggining is just wasting both our times

Reason(s):
- Makes the experience enjoyable

- Less Annoying

Example(s):
if someone records you running the whole game = ban
So you want to make a vanilla mechanic basically disallowed...

I STRONGLY disagree, let me explain why:

Movement and positioning are crucial skills in high-level play. What some might see as "running" is often strategic repositioning, baiting, setting up for a counter-attack or what I love, exploiting your opponent's mental state. Banning this would severely limit the depth of our gameplay

Part of being a skilled player is knowing how to chase effectively and corner opponents. If someone's running the whole game, that's on you for not being able to catch and engage them. Improving your pursuit skills is just as important as combo practice

This rule would be a nightmare to enforce fairly. How do you define "running the whole game"? It's too subjective and would lead to constant disputes and false reports

Moreover, newer players often rely more on evasion as they learn. This rule would discourage them from practicing and improving, shrinking our community

We all have faced these types of players and at some point we all have been that type of player. Limiting playstyles makes matches less interesting and doesn't prepare us for real tournament scenarios or actually competitive servers where anything goes down

I get the frustration, but banning this would limit both you and your opponent's ability to learn. PvP isn't picking a sword, drinking a speed pot, and just click click click, or "drag" click...

Instead of banning running, we should focus on improving our own skills to counter evasive opponents. That's what a practice server is for after all ;)

OP
OP
LOUAI_

LOUAI_

Epic Pika
So you want to make a vanilla mechanic basically disallowed...

I STRONGLY disagree, let me explain why:

Movement and positioning are crucial skills in high-level play. What some might see as "running" is often strategic repositioning, baiting, setting up for a counter-attack or what I love, exploiting your opponent's mental state. Banning this would severely limit the depth of our gameplay

Part of being a skilled player is knowing how to chase effectively and corner opponents. If someone's running the whole game, that's on you for not being able to catch and engage them. Improving your pursuit skills is just as important as combo practice

This rule would be a nightmare to enforce fairly. How do you define "running the whole game"? It's too subjective and would lead to constant disputes and false reports

Moreover, newer players often rely more on evasion as they learn. This rule would discourage them from practicing and improving, shrinking our community

We all have faced these types of players and at some point we all have been that type of player. Limiting playstyles makes matches less interesting and doesn't prepare us for real tournament scenarios or actually competitive servers where anything goes down

I get the frustration, but banning this would limit both you and your opponent's ability to learn. PvP isn't picking a sword, drinking a speed pot, and just click click click, or "drag" click...

Instead of banning running, we should focus on improving our own skills to counter evasive opponents. That's what a practice server is for after all ;)
Camping in builduhc is a vanilla mechanic yet it is banned.

I have faced multiple people in nodebuff running away and pearling away, now I dont see how that helps in pvp or anything else, ofcourse running from opponents sometimes to reposition yourself is ok but, running the whole game is super annoying and no one learns anything.

I want the requirements for this rule to be recording someone runnning for at least 1:30minutes or more so no one gets falsely banned and it wont be "shrinking our community" because when he gets banned the first time he will learn to not do it again, running the whole game is just as annoying as hacking because it leads to the same result frustration.

Or we can consider making this rule to only certain Modes
I Hope you can agree on me with this.

PyroInDaBus

The Pika
Camping in builduhc is a vanilla mechanic yet it is banned.

I have faced multiple people in nodebuff running away and pearling away, now I dont see how that helps in pvp or anything else, ofcourse running from opponents sometimes to reposition yourself is ok but, running the whole game is super annoying and no one learns anything.

I want the requirements for this rule to be recording someone runnning for at least 1:30minutes or more so no one gets falsely banned and it wont be "shrinking our community" because when he gets banned the first time he will learn to not do it again, running the whole game is just as annoying as hacking because it leads to the same result frustration.

Or we can consider making this rule to only certain Modes
I Hope you can agree on me with this.
First of all, comparing running to camping in BuildUHC isn't quite fair. Camping directly contradicts the core gameplay, while movement is integral to all PvP modes

I get that constant running and pearling in NoDebuff is frustrating. But lets consider a few things

To start, 1:30 of pure running is a long time in a fast-paced mode like Node. Most strategic repositioning happens in shorter bursts

Chasing effectively is a crucial skill. Learning to pressure runners improves your game sense, pearl timing, and map control

Applying this across all modes could have unintended consequences as some modes naturally involve more movement

There will be false-positivies, even with video evidence, determining "pure running" vs. tactical play is subjective

See my point?

A suggestion from me instead. Consider the psychological warfare aspect, running excessively can be a tactic to frustrate some opponents and throw them off their game, especially people who give up and complain too easily. It can ruin your opponent's mental state, leading to tilt and poor decision-making, effectively to the mercy of your sword :-)

crxdkn

Great Reporter
IGN
crxdkn
A "Camping" rule is enough imo, instead of adding this, even it sounds funny, banning people because they're running whole the game.
Players have nowhere to run far, because there are barriers on maps already

OP
OP
LOUAI_

LOUAI_

Epic Pika
First of all, comparing running to camping in BuildUHC isn't quite fair. Camping directly contradicts the core gameplay, while movement is integral to all PvP modes

I get that constant running and pearling in NoDebuff is frustrating. But lets consider a few things

To start, 1:30 of pure running is a long time in a fast-paced mode like Node. Most strategic repositioning happens in shorter bursts

Chasing effectively is a crucial skill. Learning to pressure runners improves your game sense, pearl timing, and map control

Applying this across all modes could have unintended consequences as some modes naturally involve more movement

There will be false-positivies, even with video evidence, determining "pure running" vs. tactical play is subjective

See my point?

A suggestion from me instead. Consider the psychological warfare aspect, running excessively can be a tactic to frustrate some opponents and throw them off their game, especially people who give up and complain too easily. It can ruin your opponent's mental state, leading to tilt and poor decision-making, effectively to the mercy of your sword :-)
I want this rule to be implemented to nodebuff only, because running in nodebuff with pearls can make a 2minute game last 10 minutes, and this only makes it boring and not tactical, as there is no way for you to win if u been running the whole game because u got hit so many times
i get what you are trying to say but, i think you can agree with me on this one

OP
OP
LOUAI_

LOUAI_

Epic Pika
A "Camping" rule is enough imo, instead of adding this, even it sounds funny, banning people because they're running whole the game.
Players have nowhere to run far, because there are barriers on maps already
But this ruins the experience for you and your opponent because this mode is mainly to practice why do you have to run the whole game since you know you wont learn a thing ? ( and i want this to be implemented to nodebuff only )

JustSuperiorr

Staff Member
Hello LOUAI_,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • Camping is an existing rule
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.