Learn how to join our server and start playing in 60 seconds!
Play Now
  • Hey Guest, If you have any suggestions regarding the Forums/Website we would love to hear them!

Denied Global Ban on reporting people falsely

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImXeno

Minecraft username:
ImXeno​

Suggestion:
Ban on reporting people falsely​

Detailed description:
If you were to get someone false banned say 3 times in a row, a punishment such as a 1 week ban or ban from reporting people for a month should be considered.​

Reason(s):
False banning is a major issue on pika network. People report others for no actual reason, just that they may beat them in some game. These players get falsely banned, although they successfully appeal half of the time. I also understand that mods do not have the time to carefully examine each and every report. Hence a system should be placed to control these false reporters.​

Example(s):
A player named BloodLetterG has gotten me false banned a couple of times in the past week for allegedly ‘hacking’. I appealed successfully for both bans and the punishments were revoked 1-2 days later. However, I believe that this player should receive at least a 1 week ban as he has probably done this to others too. Thanks​

ulvd

Legendary Pika
IGN
ulvd
Falsifying reports is already a Permanent IP Ban. I recommend you read the server rules here

I recommend you not share your report details publicly and if you believe this player is constantly doing this then you can create a support ticket.

If you would like to create a ticket, you can do it here.
Be sure to have all relevant information and proof before submitting a ticket.
If this helped you, please drop me a like and a follow :)

Arrly

Staff Member
Manager
IGN
Arrly
Hello ImXeno,

Thank you for your interest in creating a suggestion to improve the server. We are always doing our best to make the server a better place for everyone.
However, we have eventually decided to deny your suggestion due to the following reason(s):
  • People are free to report anyone for anything as long as the evidence in the report is not falsified. Not allowing this would make players scared and would result in a huge reduction in reports, often valid ones.
  • It is ultimately the staff's responsibility to examine whether someone broke a rule or not from a report. If they make a mistake, that is their fault - not the reporter's. Mistakes sadly happen - we're all human and that's why appeals exist.
For your reference, here is a link to our suggestion guidelines → PikaNetwork Suggestion Guidelines.
Please make sure to read and understand them before suggesting again.

We also advise you to use our Thread Search Feature to look for (similar) already made suggestions and upvote them instead.
Have fun playing on PikaNetwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.